Received confirmation from PP about ebay reimbursement.... so what is going on? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Received confirmation from PP about ebay reimbursement.... so what is going on?

I posted here a week or so ago about issues I am having with ebay listing an item (it is not expensive nor is it a vero item). I was able to list an item, sell it, get paid, etc a couple months ago and received positive feedback from that as well. I have tried to get help all over, and just went over emails I have received from ebay and paypal recently and found a confirmation letter for what they are claiming I have not done yet (reimbursement method), so now I am really lsot and need help badly from you guys.

Here is what happened in chronological order:

-Sold item about 2 months ago, received positive feedback, received money in paypal

-started getting messages about ebay seller fees due (account was put on hold but I paid in time before anything worse happened) and had to verify paypal before it would let me pay the fees with my paypal account balance

-verified paypal with bank account

- Paid ebay seller fees

- Tried to list another item this past week and as soon as I clicked sell an item ebay forced me to setup automatic bill payments which was very odd (if I clicked cancel, skip, or whatever it would not let me list item), so I signed up for automatic bill payments via paypal (agreed to terms etc etc)

- Created my listing for an item (less than $200) and when I got to the very end of the listing it had a flag at the top and said I could not continue until I setup an ebay reimbursement method for the buyer protection policy. This was very irritating

- I then selected paypal" as the reimbursement option from the drop down, it redirected me to paypal and since I was already still signed into paypal it took me right to a screen where it said something to the effect of "Complete your order with paypal" as if I were purchasing something, which I was not.

- At this point I posted on a few forums and did not get to much info other than I need a VCC with AVS, which I could get but when I contacted a VCC seller he told me I needed a working phone number as well to continue to add a credit card / debit card on paypal.

I have yet to determine whether this is true or not for my particular situation but I do not know why the VCC seller would tell me this if it wasn't. Does anyone know if they will ask for a phone # to verify after I enter in VCC info? If so, what kind of phone numbers can I purchase online that would work with paypal for this purpose?

- Two separate people on another forum told me I may be infected with a botnet etc and this could be causing that particular message, and to try another PC. SO I tried on another PC last night, on a fresh windows account, and still the same message and requirement when trying to finish my listing.

- A few minutes ago I was looking through emails sent to me from PP and ebay, one of which was sent after I signed up for automatic bill pay and it reads like this (I have the important parts in bold):

Quote:
Dear *****,

You set up a billing agreement to automatically pay your eBay seller fees and any reimbursements repayments made under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy.
Billing agreement ID: *-**************
Description: eBay Seller Fees

If you didn't make this change, let us know right away. This helps us make sure no one is accessing your account without your knowledge.

Want to change the way you pay your eBay seller fees and reimbursements?
To manage your Payment Agreement, log in to your account, go to your Profile and click My money. You can choose your payment method and, if you wish, cancel your Payment Agreement in the "My preapproved payments" section.

Find out more about paying your eBay seller fees and funding reimbursements.

Sincerely,
PayPal
So it clearly states in this email from paypal that when I setup automatic payments on my account coming from my paypal that it also setup paypal as my automatic reimbursement method, so why is ebay/paypal still asking me for a reimbursement method, and on top of that, why are they not letting the reimbursement method come out of paypal balance and bank account, why do I have to add a card?

It appears they are blatantly lying about why they need a credit/debit card because I have already agreed (per THEIR email) to use paypal as my automatic reimbursement method.

Please, someone help me,I have no idea what is going on and can't seem to get any info on what could possibly be going on. If I get a VCC will I need a working landline phone number as well? Could you PM me where to get one? Has this happened to anyone before? Could this really be the result of an infection? Any guidance would be golden right now, really need the little bit of money I am going to get for selling that item and would like to be able to use my ebay account without issue again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!