Ebay has become a joke ... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-11-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Thumbs down Ebay has become a joke ...

I have been buying and selling on eBay for over 10 years. It used to be fun, it is now totally pathetic. Imagine these scenarios, they are very plausible. Years ago, no problems .. Today here is what happens....

1. Grandma wants to sell an old gold broach to raise money for a vacation. The pawnshop offered her 750.00, she decides to try ebay, she had heard that someone would probably pay over 5000.00 for it. She goes to open an ebay account, she had heard of ebay and thought it might be fun. She registers and tries to list her broach. After struggling to upload her photos and write a description the screen tells her stop. You need to let us call you or open a paypal account. She never heard of of paypal so she has ebay call her, the 8.00 an hour ebay ebay rep says we cant verify your identity you need to open a paypal account and link it to your ebay account. Poor Grandma freaks out, says the hell with it. The broach goes back in the jewelry box and Grandma cant take her long dreamed vacation.

2. Frank decides to sell his old music record collection to help pay for college expenses. He has thousands of old records from Grandpa's attic, just about all worth 10-20 each. He sells 30 records over the next few weeks and all of a sudden he hits a bonanza. One of the records is quite rare and collectible. Bidding hits 800.00. The buyer is ecstatic, he has been searching for the record on eBay for years, he sends 800.00 to Frank via PayPal, flags go up and PayPal limits his account freezing his money, that want him to fax his "supplier information". Frank offers Grandpa's death certificate and says he cant ship the 800.00 record. The furious buyer files a claim, gets his money refunded and leaves Frank his first negative feedback. Frank's PP balance of 250.00 is frozen for 6 months. Frank has to scour thrift shops for his textbooks, he cant afford to buy them at the campus bookstore.

I am sure scenarios like this happen on a daily basis. eBay is going to suffer a slow death, much of the pain will be felt by people like Grandma, Frank, you and me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

funny scenario's, not in the haha way either
its just a sad fact that this is what ebay as become, and your right im sure it happens every day, and it totally sucks.
Old 05-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Hilarious! :D
Old 05-11-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

As I've said many times already... eBay is slowly killing their self..
Old 05-11-2008

Longevity: 95%

^ yep definitely. i heard that yahoo is starting some auction things again?
maybe google is waiting for ebay to be barely alive before they come in deliver the final blow...or maybe not...one can only dream....
Old 05-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Screw yahoo. They're as bad if not worse than ebay right now. They wanted your ssn just to sell. Until they eliminate that don't bother.
Old 05-11-2008

Longevity: 96%

Sure they are killing themselves, but we all have to realize that you just have to keep on playing the game and make some money along the way. None of us like it, but you know what? I will play the game and I will win the game. I wont allow their crappy ways to stop me from making money.

From someone who had 30k feedback the first couple years on ebay and had a flawless record, several awards. Ebay sccrewed us over too and yes we are bitter, but now with what I know I will make ten fold the money, thanks to them doing what they did, I will make more money then ever before.

Just play the game, count your money along the way and hope google sent those 2000 employees to Dallas for a reason.

I do feel that google in timing this for a reason, dont be fooled, they are extremely smart and are just waiting in the wings.

What you need to understand is google will not screw you over on purpose like ebay but I can bet you that they will make us all walk a thin line.
Old 05-12-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
She never heard of of paypal so she has ebay call her, the 8.00 an hour ebay ebay rep says we cant verify your identity you need to open a paypal account and link it to your ebay account.
FYI, ebay reps make $15 an hour and up.
Old 05-12-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
Sure they are killing themselves, but we all have to realize that you just have to keep on playing the game and make some money along the way. None of us like it, but you know what? I will play the game and I will win the game. I wont allow their crappy ways to stop me from making money.
I like your attitude ebay-sucks.
Old 05-12-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

screw u ebay . Be carefull with paypal now, cause my friend has just vertified his paypal account and and recieved $1200 and they froze it within a hour.
Old 05-12-2008

i dont think its funny
i think thats sad,
WE MADE THEM WHAT THEY ARE, THEY ARE RICH BECAUSE OF US AND THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT US.

WHEN GOOGLE COMES WITH ITS VERY OWN AUCTION SITE, LETS SEE HOW WELL EBAY DOES.
Old 05-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

i just went to leave feedback for some of my customers, i just relised that its past the 12th and you can only leave them positive feedback, i forgot all about that.

now that is a real joke.