eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   quick question about adding new email from ebay acc. to old working paypal acc. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/4561-quick-question-about-adding-new-email-ebay-acc-old-working-paypal-acc.html)

tsboss1 05-11-2008 01:05 AM

quick question about adding new email from ebay acc. to old working paypal acc.

Ok im sure this may have been answered in the past but I have just went through 14 pages and have yet to find the answer I am looking for, so here is my question.

I opened an Ebay account on feb. 08 and its mandatory that I take paypal in order to list. The paypal email is filled in with my ebay email address but my paypal account which is verified was used with an ebay account I had from 11/07 that was suspended last month. The paypal however is still working as I am using it on ioffer, but My question is, can I delete the email that was taking payments under the 11/07 Ebay account from the paypal email list and add the email address from my 02/08 account and not worry about getting linked back to the old ebay account? I have done this in the past and it worked, but I never tried it with an 08 ebay account. All help will be appreciated.

thanks!:D

jscan 05-11-2008 02:10 AM

I thought that doing this raised red flags?, I may be wrong, but im pretty sure that when changing the email addresses on a paypal acc that was used with a suspended acc, then using it with a new acc will eventually have you suspended.

i would start a new pp acc and have it verified, depending on your location you can just use a prepard cc.

this saves the hassle of having to worry and wake up each morning to see if your acc has been suspended for using your old pp

aspkin 05-11-2008 03:48 AM

You have a lot more reading to do. This has been a huge topic months ago.

If you Paypal account is linked to an eBay account and that eBay account was suspended. YOU CAN NEVER USE THAT PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR EBAY AGAIN..

You'll need a new Paypal account per eBay account.

tsboss1 05-11-2008 03:00 PM

thanks aspkin for the reply....I have been reading but it seems like everything is so far back that I could not find what I asked, and it would be so much easier if important topics like this was stickied so other members who are new can easily find this information, or any other information that is repeatedly asked on the daily. Just an thought:D

I think we are talking about two different things though. I am not talking about "linking" the accounts together, I am talking about using the paypal separate, with the new email for the new ebay account, and deleting the suspended email permanently from my paypal email list. (no linking involved) Im just curious as to how they could possibly suspend the account if the suspended email has been deleted. What info would give it away that its the same ebay user? I was told and I read that ebay and paypal are separate and use diff. methods to suspended users so please let me know.

As I stated before, I have done this with my last account and I was not suspended for doing this, I was suspended due to the digital delivery policy.

Thanks in advance...Will by the stealth guide soon so I wont have to keep bugging you :D

GreenBean 05-11-2008 05:07 PM

As aspkin Ebay/Paypal link together! If ebay account goes down, that paypal account
regardless of what you do with emails MAY go down as well. You can use the paypal account as a stand alone account BUT never associate it with ebay.....

Rosanna 05-11-2008 09:04 PM

hi, the ebay and paypal accounts will eventually link, and the info on the paypal account I am assuming to be different from the new ebay account. they will probably share information, I too have an old paypal account that was never taken down that was linked to a suspended ebay account, but I never used it for ebay again. I just used it on sites that require paypal as payment. I would open a new paypal account that has info to match the ebay account. do not do automatic checkout, send invoices, and don't put the ebay item id on the invoice, just send it as goods, but with a title that will not raise red flags with the buyer. good luck

tsboss1 05-11-2008 10:01 PM

Thanks guys, rosanna you are right about using it for other sites and not Ebay. I am currently doing that now with no problems and its still going strong. I am also trying to get an account now from 2006 from someone I know who doesnt ebay anymore so I can hopefully use an merchant with it with no problems so if an buyer wants to pay for an item with paypal, I can send them an invoice for goods and use it only for emergencies.

Appreciate the help guys!