How to fix feedback. Thoughts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default How to fix feedback. Thoughts?

The feedback 2.0 system makes feedback worse. I personally think that the ratings of positive, neutral, and negative are bad because non paying bidders can neg and sellers who back out can neg (like in a recent episode of The Office, someone backed out of selling their house on ebay expecting negative feedback on their profile, but that may not happen as the buyer might fear a retalitory neg).

So if they take off the star ratings and the pos/neut/neg ratings, and just make feedback pure comments and that's it, then it should improve it I think.

Anyone have other ideas?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
The feedback 2.0 system makes feedback worse. I personally think that the ratings of positive, neutral, and negative are bad because non paying bidders can neg and sellers who back out can neg (like in a recent episode of The Office, someone backed out of selling their house on ebay expecting negative feedback on their profile, but that may not happen as the buyer might fear a retalitory neg).

So if they take off the star ratings and the pos/neut/neg ratings, and just make feedback pure comments and that's it, then it should improve it I think.

Anyone have other ideas?
They don't want to do that. that will bring alot of shady buyers out on the spot..and thus ebay will lose trust of their buyers..
Old 05-19-2007

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
As a seller, I never issue feedback before the buyer. I learned about this the hard way. That way, I can control the outcome.

It is quite hard to get a NEG removed, and with my account that had over 500 feedback, all positive (not even a single neutral) over a six year period, I was able keep it that way more through luck (I'd dispute and the other person would fail to respond in time, or we would mutually agree to withdraw feedback, etc.) than anything else.

One GOOD aspect of the new ratings is that since NO ONE will be able to maintain five stars forever, feedback won't mean quite so much. Right now since it is all or nothing, if you are a seller like me who has never sustained a NEG, you are at the mercy somewhat of the BUYER because he might care less about a NEG, while you, with an unblemished record, might care a lot.

The ultimate feedback - pos. or neg, will mean a lot, but not the subleties of the stars.
Modee,

thats good that you got 500 ratings with no negatives over 6 years. I congratulate you. I don't see how you did it!
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
The worst one was some baywatch without the w who just wouldn't listen to reason. But then I disputed the feedback around the time (December) I figured she would be away on vacation and sure enough she did not return home in time to stop the deletion of the feedback - on my side.

So, I had mine removed but her negatoriness remained. Served her right, bayyy-atch!
haha, hey how do you dispute feedback and what do you say???
Old 05-19-2007

On a somewhat related note, if a user developed a record early on for nonpaying and that user so happened to bid on your items as well and (surprise) didn't pay, and you filed the npb and they were given a strike and they're STILL on ebay, would you bother reporting them too, or is that most likely just going to have them look closely at both accounts (with the possibility of finding some link) and thus backfire? I really think this user should be taught a lesson, and SHOULD have been kicked off ebay by now, yet they're still around. And I'm not going to risk my account just to get even.
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
Check it out here:
Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal
(Click on Additional Information link)

Incidentally, note the bottom two:
• Feedback left by users who are indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members who are indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.

• eBay will automatically remove feedback from members indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration. Not all suspension types qualify for automatic feedback removal. For example, accounts that are suspended for non-payment of eBay bills and instances when eBay provides the member with the opportunity to fix the issue (and be reinstated), do not qualify for automatic removal.

Also the reasons I noted above, mutual feedback withdrawal or dispute via Square Trade and then if no response, bam! the feedback disappears.
Si If I do a mutual feedback withdrawl and they don't respond to it , then the feedback is removed???

Because I did a mutual feedback withdraw with a person and they never responded, but I don't recall the feedback being removed
Old 05-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
They don't want to do that. that will bring alot of shady buyers out on the spot..and thus ebay will lose trust of their buyers..
What do you mean? That was buyers both times, right and not a typo and you meant sellers one of those times?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Check it out here:
Incidentally, note the bottom two:
• Feedback left by users who are indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members who are indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.
Anyone who bids to neg will let their account sit (often times they can't help it as ebay puts buying limits on most new accounts for 90 days anyway) for 90 days or more then bid or else sit 90 days before negging.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
On a somewhat related note, if a user developed a record early on for nonpaying and that user so happened to bid on your items as well and (surprise) didn't pay, and you filed the npb and they were given a strike and they're STILL on ebay, would you bother reporting them too, or is that most likely just going to have them look closely at both accounts (with the possibility of finding some link) and thus backfire? I really think this user should be taught a lesson, and SHOULD have been kicked off ebay by now, yet they're still around. And I'm not going to risk my account just to get even.
eBay doesn't care when sellers report buyers I find. I also think they're too lazy to find links the bot wouldn't find.

If someone is a non paying bidder more than 3 times and is still on, it's because ebay goes and removes the unpaid strikes just because the buyer either asked or the buyer lies.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
What do you mean? That was buyers both times, right and not a typo and you meant sellers one of those times?
Yeah my bag ..sellers and buyers as well. There is shady buyers too.
Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
eBay doesn't care when sellers report buyers I find. I also think they're too lazy to find links the bot wouldn't find.

If someone is a non paying bidder more than 3 times and is still on, it's because ebay goes and removes the unpaid strikes just because the buyer either asked or the buyer lies.
yeah, ebay takes care of their buyers.. No buyers no Ebay