eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   any thoughts on this (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/46707-any-thoughts.html)

teamjellybean 05-23-2012 06:41 PM

any thoughts on this

so what does every one think when posting stuff to sell. I say the item is in another country to allow more time to ship and process. then when i see it sell

i place the order from supplier and ship the item.....

but i wounder will buyers get upset when the receive it and its shipped for lets say Michigan?

or is there a way to extend shipping when selling state side?

Bunneh 05-23-2012 06:48 PM

What happens if you do this and something goes wrong with your supplier?

Say he is out of stock, or it gets lost in the post, or held in customs etc..?:noidea:

Personally i wouldn't do this, and i doubt there are many success stories out there with this method, otherwise everyone would be doing it.

You should only sell what you have in hand.

You are also opening yourself up for LOW DSR ratings:bored:

audiosoft 05-23-2012 06:50 PM

Buyers won't be upset if they are happy with the product. Just have clear cut instructions given to them about the expected arrival time of the product well in-advance. I do it usally after shipping the item, just have saved messaged templates and when you all your shipments and are about to update trackings, message all of them at once to save on time.

I usually have a template saved:
It first thanks them for their purchase.
Then gives them their tracking number.
Then tells them how to track their item.
Expected arrival time, I usually keep a 1-2day gap incase the item arrives late.
Then I explain there might be occassions when the parcel might be delayed and it's out of my control and on the contrary, I also let them know that the parcel might land earlier than expected.

I then explain to them the important of 5-star positive feedbacks to my little business.

And if they have any sort of problems they can contact me directly.

Furthermore, I also add a line or two on subscribing to my mailing list so they can get news on special discounts occassionaly.

An email like this results in:
People not asking you WHERE IS MY ITEM WHERE IS MY ITEM
People not being angry or anxious, they know exactly when their item will hit their doors.
Buyers might be happy with the delivery being one or two days earlier.
This results in 5-star positive feedbacks, customers being happy, repeat purchases, subscribed to mailing list ( has big marketing potential ).

This also avoids thunderous-negative feedbacks.

Communication is a key to success on eBay, failing to communicate well will lead you to a lot of problems. It's not good dealing with angry customers, it usually ends in a negative hammer which ultimately leads to a ban hammer.

audiosoft 05-23-2012 06:51 PM

What you will be doing is dropshipping. Make sure you and the dropshipper agrees to all the terms. It's usually better to personally ship the products, so you know exactly what you are shipping. Chances of mistakes are reduced.

Bunneh 05-23-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosoft (Post 344204)
What you will be doing is dropshipping. Make sure you and the dropshipper agrees to all the terms. It's usually better to personally ship the products, so you know exactly what you are shipping. Chances of mistakes are reduced.

He didn't say his supplier was shipping his good directly to his customers for him.

If he does do this, i would make sure you know who you are dealing with as you dont know who you can trust.

audiosoft 05-23-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 344205)
He didn't say his supplier was shipping his good directly to his customers for him.

If he does do this, i would make sure you know who you are dealing with as you dont know who you can trust.

I didn't read it right then, sorry.

GreenBean 05-24-2012 01:58 AM

:rip: :rip:

I see accounts failing

Why are you lookig at variations that will give you problems?

What's happened, jellybean? :pout:

I repeat what I said in theother thread.

Relearn stealth, my friend, please :peace:

Bunneh 05-24-2012 02:03 AM

Probably doesn't have the money to buy his stock :behindsofa:

jeffweico 05-24-2012 02:18 AM

Dropshipping is not easy. While it CAN work, very few people are successful with it.

Items are out of stock, suppliers have problems, etc. Customers want their items yesterday, not in 3 weeks.

If you have a RELIABLE ROCK-SOLID supplier with HIGH-QUALITY merchandise, then you have a better chance. You also need to be an ABSOLUTE PROFESSIONAL when it comes to customer service.

Make no mistake about it - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for your customer receiving their item. And for any complaints and returns. You cannot tell your customer to call your supplier and eBay/PayPal/Amazon will NOT accept "but, my dropshipper..." as an excuse.

Many people who try this lose money when their supplier turns out to be less than reliable, or ships cheaply made merchandise.

Even worse are the people who try to do this with no money, expecting their customers to wait until 10 days after PayPal releases their funds to receive their merchandise. Of course, these are the same people who don't even want to hear about order cancellations or refunds. And once they have created enough ill will to start a small war, they decide to leave eBay/PayPal holding the bag.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but that is the truth about dropshipping.

teamjellybean 06-30-2013 05:15 PM

true fact i didnt have the funds to get my stock in advance

GreenBean 06-30-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamjellybean (Post 463529)
true fact i didnt have the funds to get my stock in advance

Yet in another thread you are considering the same methods. Be careful.
:peace: