Ebay/Paypal Address Change Suspicious? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-15-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Ebay/Paypal Address Change Suspicious?

Hey guys I was just wondering if it would be ok if I changed my address on ebay or paypal when I buy something. I currently have a a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address listed but I want to buy something from ebay and obviously want it to come to my house. Would it be suspicious? Would I get limited?

I know this is annoying and I couldnt find any info on this topic. Any help would be great, thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yes you will be linked real quick.... Just get a mailbox PO or UPS and send it there...
ovidiu (06-17-2012), TeamUp (06-16-2012)
Old 06-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

yeah, any address you put in whether its an alternate or gift address has the easy link there for the taking.

do as listd above. Get a PO box or have it sent to a friends or neighbors house. You can use a neighbor and just go tell them that when you got an email from a seller they misspelled the address by a couple digits and it "Might" come there. If so can you let me know? I dont think it is but since they already printed the labels then I am not sure if it can be changed. Tell them you wont let it happen again. blah blah, blah. Just dont make it a habit is all.

I had to do that once. No big deal. They didnt care anyway.

If your name is John doe just put Johnny D on it and their address. If you do it once its not that big a deal. Either the mail man will just bring it to you knowing its a mistake or The neighbor will.
TeamUp (06-16-2012)
Old 06-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
yeah, any address you put in whether its an alternate or gift address has the easy link there for the taking.

do as listd above. Get a PO box or have it sent to a friends or neighbors house. You can use a neighbor and just go tell them that when you got an email from a seller they misspelled the address by a couple digits and it "Might" come there. If so can you let me know? I dont think it is but since they already printed the labels then I am not sure if it can be changed. Tell them you wont let it happen again. blah blah, blah. Just dont make it a habit is all.

I had to do that once. No big deal. They didnt care anyway.

If your name is John doe just put Johnny D on it and their address. If you do it once its not that big a deal. Either the mail man will just bring it to you knowing its a mistake or The neighbor will.
Thanks, that is exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty close with my mail lady just kiddin haha, but she's nice to me and knows that I do ebay crap. So, I'll tell her about the "mix-up" and if any mail goes next door, Ill tell her to bring it to my house!
Old 06-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUp View Post
Thanks, that is exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty close with my mail lady just kiddin haha, but she's nice to me and knows that I do ebay crap. So, I'll tell her about the "mix-up" and if any mail goes next door, Ill tell her to bring it to my house!
Not such a good idea.

You are actually asking her to break federal law as mail is required to be delivered to the correct address.

Rethink that idea. Dont assume all replies are righteous just because they suit what you want to do.
Correct solution would be an address with access like a PO Box
ovidiu (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Not such a good idea.

You are actually asking her to break federal law as mail is required to be delivered to the correct address.

Rethink that idea. Dont assume all replies are righteous just because they suit what you want to do.
Correct solution would be an address with access like a PO Box
Thanks for the response on this thread and the private message I sent you.