Feedback Changes- How long will they last? Predictions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Feedback Changes- How long will they last? Predictions?

How long will this latest ebay joke last? I am predicting it will last through the summer and will be reversed around September just before the massive listings start for Christmas.

Ebay sends the little listing deals we all get when sales and listing are way down, if they think listings were done then, wonder how long it will take for them to realize what happened to the listing now?

So when do you think they will see the light and change this ridiculous policy back? If you dont think they will post that as well.

Just wondering what others are thinking.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Im not quite sure what your referring too?, do you mean when ebay offers like half price listing for like 10 days or what? ...
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Wink

Are you hoping to predict that ebay will reverse its current feedback policy? If so I am thinking/hoping/praying they do this before Thanksgiving! OR because I am an optimist, it would be great to have it reversed for July 4th weekend.... party time

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-30-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

well if thats what your referring to i doubt ebay will reverse it. it was big enough decision for them to implement as it is, besides ebay is stubborn.

Although it is possible for sellers to use it to there advantage when it comes to competitors.
Old 05-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

When's the last time eBay reversed something they did?
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 98%

to answer aspkin:

I got eBay to remove a negative feedback a buyer left with proof the buyer bid just to leave a neg. Buyer also got suspended. A month later the buyer was unsuspended and the neg came back. I asked eBay and they wouldn't explain and they gave no sign of reading the email, just sending unrelated form letters. Eventually after 1-2 months, one ebay employee explained that it was removed "in error" when I complained enough about eBay refusing to read my email. Then two weeks later for no reason I got a reply to an email I'd sent about 30 days before and eBay sent the form letter on how it met the qualifications and it was removed again.
Old 05-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Ah, well I mean as in a major change to the site, like the feedback BS.
Old 05-30-2008

Hmm eBay started some program a year or two ago and quit it. eBay Express? I'm not sure.

Many years ago eBay started Billpoint and then abandoned it. They also allowed private feedback sometime many years back and cancelled it a year or two ago.

That's I think all they've done. And with Billpoint, eBay really fought to try to keep that, shoving it down people's throats (nowhere like they do with PayPal now but for its time it was bad), blocking PayPal (that's before they bought PayPal), and when eBay finally gave up they did so after buying PayPal.
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I think the average feedback score will probably fall down to like 80% after a few months of this feedback bs.
Old 05-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes, I mean the FB decision.

I believe it will hurt there bottom line, sure we all know they have made some terrible decisions over the years but this one is wiping out tons of cash for them. Power Sellers and large listers are dropping like flies.

It will hurt them bigtime as time goes by, just the 5 I know who are no longer listing is 100k in fees a month alone.

So yes, prediction is when they will realize they made a huge error and reverse it. I know they seldom reverse anything, but this is what I think as the blockbuster that broke the camels back.

What I meant by the fees thing is ebay has a hard time handling slow listing weeks and send us all cost breaks, this tells me they are watching the money from fees closely and if they think that is bad, wait until they see their monthly P/L's with this move.

This is actually the first time in 12 years I can see them reversing or changing something. May be wrong, but time will tell.
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 92%

Not until the cows come home!!
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

The feedback decision will never be reversed. The new CEO has been very clear in his goals, They are reshaping Eay to be more like Amazon. Ebay wants much more control over their sellers, including eventually paypal only.

Amazon is the model ebay wants to remake itself into. If you sell on Amazon you don't get to leave feedback for your customers. If you look at the Amazon feedback %'s among large sellers, you will see the %'s vary from 80% to 95% . I have never seen a 100% positive on a seller with more 100 feedback on Amazon. Jscan had a good comment, Feedback % will fall dramatically on Ebay.

Ebay also envies the Amazon model in that Amazon payments is the only option for payment. They want Paypal to be the only option for payment on ebay. They are already rolling out Paypal only in Australia. In another month on ebay Australia, paypal will be the only option.

So far Ebay has not been hurt at all by the seller blowback, Their auction counts are up significantly from 2007 and with best match leverage on the shipping DSR, they are forcing more sellers to lower their shipping fees and some to even go free shipping. This gives an amazing boost to their bottom line, since they get FVF's on a greater portion of the the total price.

Make no mistake EBAY will have a Killer year. -- At the expense of their sellers, I should add.
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

Personally- I do not look for them to change it.. I do not think a Company makes a Radical policy change without massive exploration, studies, feedback from several Companies specializing in the field they are working on...

>. I was Especially convinced of this when I read that it had Pierre's blessing..
Old 05-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
When's the last time eBay reversed something they did?
Precisely. This is the danger of having a monopoly.
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

LOL

I Just did a check on two of my main competitors for one of my categories. They are ( or were ) both powersellers with 500-800+ fb, 1 was at approx 98% and one was 99% after the feedback rule was imposed.

Now only a small time down the track the ps with 98% is now at 96.3% and the one with 99% is now at 98.4% this shows how fast this fb fiasco is impacting ps's.
Old 06-04-2008

Longevity: 93%

One of my friends feedback is 96.5% and ebay saying they suspend his account in a month due to his feedback percentage however he's still a powerseller.
I still think there is room for another player, I like trademe*co*nz they are high in the Alexa ratings. However its just for NZ and AUS :(
Old 06-04-2008

Huh? You are saying eBay told him they are gonna suspend their account because of feedback of 96.5% or just loose their PS status? I've seen sellers with less than that % score selling.
Old 06-05-2008

Ha, that will be the day.
Old 06-06-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Ebay won't change their feedback policy. They changed their fee system saying that sellers with certain FBS will get discounts, knowing they were going to make it impossible to keep the discount once they make the feedback system one sided.
Old 06-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

PS--dont forget--after the Radical changes, THEN in 6-12 months, all the negs drop off from years ago--So, if youre a good boy/girl--youre fb will actually go up--I think alot of folks are looking at the long run also??
Old 06-06-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

They figure if there going to be held accountable for the things they sell, they might as well have more control. As much as I would like to see ebay go down, I think there going to be bigger than ever because they are moving away from the wild wild west market. Less ⊗⊗⊗⊗ means less problems for them. Good thing for sellers who sell real items it will mean more money for our items.
Old 07-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Guess this is worth bringing back up since they are going to change the feedback in late August.