eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer opened a case on Ebay, but won't respond or send item back? Need Advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/49092-buyer-opened-case-ebay-but-wont-respond-send-item-back-need-advice.html)

Kcmarsh 07-27-2012 04:30 PM

Buyer opened a case on Ebay, but won't respond or send item back? Need Advice

Hi All,

My question is similar other threads, but wasn't quite sure if mine fit completely.

Here is my story. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1.I had a guy buy a wireless router from me on Ebay. He received the item exactly 44 days ago and then messaged me saying that the item wasn't as described. (It was new in the box, so this was ridiculous a statement. I think he just didn't know how to use it)

2. I responded right away and offered a full refund if he sent the item back to me. (Irritating, but he was still just barely with in the 45 day parameter and 20 days left of leaving a possible neg feedback)

3. After I agreed to return the item, he opens a "Item not as described case". I am perplexed. I already agreed to refund the item if he sends it back.

4. I responded to the case with, "Will agree to a refund when the item is sent back"

5. Days go by and the customer doesn't contact me.

6. After 4 days of waiting, the customer says he will send it back but can't find me address anywhere.

7. I respond back with my address and explain that it was on the envelope I sent along with the Paypal transaction, but he never writes back and I haven't seen the item in the mail and he certainly hasn't sent me a tracking number.

So... I don't know what to do. Ebay has frozen these funds until there is some resolution. My question is, do I escalate this to a claim or do I just wait around for this wifi router-challenged man to contact me back? If he never responds, will this just stay open forever? Someone gave me advice that Seller should never escalate to a claim on Ebay??? Is this good advice. I have never come across anything like this and don't know what to do.

Also.. I would like to add this guy to my blocked bidder list because my gut instinct it starting to tell me he might be bad news. I have never done this before, but have heard of other people doing this. If I do this while the case is still open, will he know he has been blocked? What do blocked bidders see?

That's my story. Please let me know if there is anybody out there that can relate.

Thank you all in advance for your help! :)

HurricaneHuntr 07-27-2012 04:51 PM

Just wait it out, if it hits 30 days you win

bchrist430 07-27-2012 05:53 PM

as long as you respond to him within the ebay "case log" he had open. They will see buyer has not responded and close case in your favor.

Kcmarsh 07-27-2012 07:33 PM

Thank you for your help!! I guess I will just have to wait it out. :bored:

First Edition 07-28-2012 12:06 AM

Sometimes these people never get around to sending it back... sometimes they wait until the very last possible second. Nothing you can do except wait :)

mercurial333 07-28-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcmarsh (Post 363430)
Hi All,

My question is similar other threads, but wasn't quite sure if mine fit completely.

Here is my story. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1.I had a guy buy a wireless router from me on Ebay. He received the item exactly 44 days ago and then messaged me saying that the item wasn't as described. (It was new in the box, so this was ridiculous a statement. I think he just didn't know how to use it)

2. I responded right away and offered a full refund if he sent the item back to me. (Irritating, but he was still just barely with in the 45 day parameter and 20 days left of leaving a possible neg feedback)

3. After I agreed to return the item, he opens a "Item not as described case". I am perplexed. I already agreed to refund the item if he sends it back.

4. I responded to the case with, "Will agree to a refund when the item is sent back"

5. Days go by and the customer doesn't contact me.

6. After 4 days of waiting, the customer says he will send it back but can't find me address anywhere.

7. I respond back with my address and explain that it was on the envelope I sent along with the Paypal transaction, but he never writes back and I haven't seen the item in the mail and he certainly hasn't sent me a tracking number.

So... I don't know what to do. Ebay has frozen these funds until there is some resolution. My question is, do I escalate this to a claim or do I just wait around for this wifi router-challenged man to contact me back? If he never responds, will this just stay open forever? Someone gave me advice that Seller should never escalate to a claim on Ebay??? Is this good advice. I have never come across anything like this and don't know what to do.

Also.. I would like to add this guy to my blocked bidder list because my gut instinct it starting to tell me he might be bad news. I have never done this before, but have heard of other people doing this. If I do this while the case is still open, will he know he has been blocked? What do blocked bidders see?

That's my story. Please let me know if there is anybody out there that can relate.

Thank you all in advance for your help! :)

If blocked, they can't buy from you or message you.

prosto_prelest 08-03-2012 12:39 PM

I sold an item end of may. same thing, i think buyer used it and then wanted the money as well. so he wants refund, i said ok if you send the item back and it is UNUSED. Next thing i know i got negative on ebay and case opened in paypal. funds frozen and they have been investigating since very early begining of june. i read somewhere that now ebay can refund the buyer the money even if you do not want to or even if buyer does not send the item back. hope this is not true as this completely is a screw over for sellers. buyers can just buy items and then demand a refund and bam, money AND item......
still waiting for news on that case, but yeah i know how you feel.

makaveliagain 08-06-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 363508)
Sometimes these people never get around to sending it back... sometimes they wait until the very last possible second. Nothing you can do except wait :)

I hate to do it but in a case like this sometimes they send it back without and tracking or delivery confirmation. In that case I just say they are full of it and never send anything. This is a scam they waited until the last day open a case. Some people just ask for it.