Another example of feedback extorsion + threats - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Another example of feedback extorsion + threats

So i sold a tie to this buyer, comes brand new in its original packaging and everything, a number of clear pictures showing what the item looks like. The buyer paid on Tuesday, i sent the item the same day. They received it Friday and now they claim that its different to what they thought ( maybe they are blind ) and that they are very disappointed.

Not wanting to get a negative feedback, i replied to them saying i would be more then happy to issue a refund, or provide an alternative tie. Then the threats start rolling. They start going on about how they purchased the item for a present to give to there husband for there anniversary and how she cant give it to him because its not what she thought it was.

Long story short the buyer is threating me to send them the tie which was in the listing ( which is what they already got !) by the 6th of june or else they will report me to ebay for selling a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item and leave me a negative.

I couldn't really care less if they left me a negative because pretty soon everyones fb score will be alot lower then before. I have the supplier invoices proving my item isnt a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but im sure if she reported me to ebay they wouldnt care.

This is just another example of how us sellers are at the buyers knees.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-31-2008

Longevity: 93%

Hay...I would suggest not engaging in small talk with her...Act very professional about the item you sold and be willing to send her the receipt of the item when you purchased it.

If you start engaging in small talk with her telling her that your sorry, etc, etc. ...she will then see that she can take advantage of the situation (in which I think she already has).

If she leaves a negative feedback, take it like a man...but if you can back up yourself then provide proof of purchase and ask her what she really wants as you can see that she has obviously changed her mind after she bought the item...Also show her a link of the eBay user agreement stating that each bid is a legal binding contract and if you bid on the exact item and you have already received it then that is the buyers responsibility and not the sellers. I have done this many times and it worked...Be 100% honest and genuine, and if she is trying to take advantage of you, ask her directly what she wants.

If you can back up yourself and you know that you sent the exact item that she received...get her contact information of eBay and even ring her...I've done it before and it worked...

Last edited by Sammi007; 05-31-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-31-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yeah well im not worried about a neg, just if she goes on and report to ebay for what she thinks is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, because ebay often act without question. even though i have supplier invoices.

good input though and advice thanks
Old 05-31-2008

Jscan, does this buyer have any items for sale?

If so, you know the drill. Go slap that silly whore.
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

no unfortunately, if they did id bid and bam neg neg neg.
Old 06-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Jscan - You cannot report this person?
I don't think it will matter if you have supplier invoices to show eBay, they will always side with the whiny nagging, diaper baby buyer.
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

Hay jscan,

Reporting will do nothing....

I reported someone that left me a negative and ebay didn't care....they replied by telling me that their new "feedback system" is a true reflection of ebay's core values....etc, etc.....What SCUM!

I noticed that they(ebay) are encouraging buyers to leave negative feedback...I just bought someone from ebay last week and when I was about to leave feedback a little box appeared on the screen saying "Buyers Can Now Leave Negative Feedback Without The Fear Of Retaliation from Sellers".....

Give me a break, they are driving sellers into the mud....you have to be 100% with customer service or else you'll get a negative....

I wanted to leave feedback for a seller today though and the little box is no longer there...

They probably realized that their new tactic won't help them...they'll lose money by driving down buyer confidance...