eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Questions about sales on a non stealth account. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/49784-questions-about-sales-non-stealth-account.html)

error 08-16-2012 08:09 PM

Questions about sales on a non stealth account.

I have a new eBay, new Paypal. All with good information.

I do not have any selling limits / category limits as least not that I have come across.

I am selling Legal / Authentic VERO items, and have had about 12 sales so far.

Currently 3 positive feedback, 8 items still in transit to be delivered.

Question is, how far can you take it the first month. Why I have all required paperwork if limited, and can provide SSN, Etc, but I would rather advoid that if at all possible.

Current sales amount are 733.86.

Being its a legit account would you continue selling, or wait for while?

Merevial 08-18-2012 05:58 AM

Ebay are terrible. So are some of your future customers. I had one guy complain about a mark on the corner of his headphones, which is completely unnoticeable. These kinds of things are inevitable So be careful.

I'd put some stealths in the back burner. And slowly rotate between em

Elijah 08-18-2012 11:15 AM

Lol, I hear you. I had one guy want to return an item and he said that since I charged more for postage than the real cost was, he felt that eBay should also PAY him the extra amount over what he paid for the item, just to post it back. For example, he paid £9.98 (£5.99 plus £3.99 postage), and he was saying that since it costs £1.64 to post and I charged £3.99 for my "time" (so £2.35 over postage cost), he felt that he should get paid the extra £2.35 for his "time", so a total "refund" of £12.33.

He seriously expected to make money out of a return, lol. Needless to say, eBay rejected his request to make money from the item return. What an idiot. He agreed to the postage cost when he bid...

JJGold 08-18-2012 11:18 AM

Elijah

LOL, what does your reply have to do with the OP's question?

Elijah 08-18-2012 11:29 AM

That was in response to Merevial talking about customers.

diamonda 08-18-2012 03:40 PM

^^ out of interest elijah, how do you manage to keep your DSR's for shipping high enough to not receive warnings about them being below standard?

at present i actively LOSE money on shipping (no doubt a diff situation to yours.

New stealth acct so going slow and literally bending over to help the customer :rolleyes: but regardless) but stiiiiiiill some nutter must have left me low in this category to bring it down to 4.9%.

How come you're managing to charge double actual cost (I'm not saying this is wrong, believe me- I totally understand that cost of postage is not just the cost of a stamp) and be ok in this DSR?

error 08-18-2012 10:27 PM

diamonda,

This is easy, simply offer free shipping, and you auto receive a 5 for shipping when that item sells.

Factor in the cost of shipping in your BIN or Start price.

MM78 08-18-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by error (Post 368503)
I have a new eBay, new Paypal. All with good information.

I am selling Legal / Authentic VERO items, and have had about 12 sales so far.

My question is, are you authorized to sell these "Authentic Vero" items? If not then it's a crap shoot on how long your account will last.

I would honestly say that it would be in your best interest to have several backup stealth accounts in case your "Real" account is limited.

Even if you can get out of being limited, there would be no point in continuing to sell your items.

error 08-19-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 369045)
My question is, are you authorized to sell these "Authentic Vero" items? If not then it's a crap shoot on how long your account will last.

I would honestly say that it would be in your best interest to have several backup stealth accounts in case your "Real" account is limited.

Even if you can get out of being limited, there would be no point in continuing to sell your items.

Yes I am prepared to file a counter notice if VERO has any of my items removed. I have included detailed close up picures of the COA of each piece sold in the Auctions so any VERO member will see that the items are Authentic.

diamonda 08-19-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by error (Post 369042)
This is easy, simply offer free shipping, and you auto receive a 5 for shipping when that item sells.

Factor in the cost of shipping in your BIN or Start price.

no but that's the thing he does not offer free shipping: go back and read the post: he said he CHARGES £2.35 OVER the ACTUAL cost of £1.64, hence my question.

error 08-19-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonda (Post 369167)
no but that's the thing he does not offer free shipping: go back and read the post: he said he CHARGES £2.35 OVER the ACTUAL cost of £1.64, hence my question.

Hence my answer, was to start offering free shipping and ajust that price into your starting cost or BIN cost. Read my answer.

If you commuincate with your buyers and let them know updates on shipping, give accurate descriptions, and have fair prices, you will get customers that will leave 5s across the board. However, you will also have those (Mostly Older Generation) that feel they were overcharged for shipping and leave less.

Elijah 08-19-2012 10:43 PM

I use each account for a 24-hour period only so don't have to worry about that crap any more. That is my solution, lol...

Quote:

Originally Posted by error (Post 369204)
Hence my answer, was to start offering free shipping and ajust that price into your starting cost or BIN cost. Read my answer.

If you commuincate with your buyers and let them know updates on shipping, give accurate descriptions, and have fair prices, you will get customers that will leave 5s across the board. However, you will also have those (Mostly Older Generation) that feel they were overcharged for shipping and leave less.

:pound:

diamonda 08-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 369234)
I use each account for a 24-hour period only so don't have to worry about that crap any more. That is my solution, lol...

:pound:

knew I hadn't misinterpreted this, because the whole point of your anecdote was that the guy wanted to receive the exact 'difference' between actual shipping cost and what you charged to him in the P+P section! so now it makes sense: if you ditch the accounts after a day this can never catch up with you, otherwise it would bite pretty quick DSR-wise.