eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How long does ebay give you to pull up low DSRs??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/49794-how-long-does-ebay-give-you-pull-up-low-dsrs.html)

411guru 08-17-2012 01:57 AM

How long does ebay give you to pull up low DSRs???

Couldn't find a definite answer.

What happens after your account becomes "Below Standard" and after your next evaluation, its still below standard for low DSR?

Will they suspend your account for 30 days or forever suspension?

I have an account with 1.18% not as described and 400+ feedback. It became below standard last evaluation. Now its showing still below. Next evaluation is coming up. Will they put me on a 30 day suspension?

How long will they give you to pull up your DSRs before indefinite suspension?

Basically what I'm asking is, what is the process of suspension. 30 days to pull up? If not 30 days restriction? Etc.

diamonda 08-17-2012 01:25 PM

Be careful: something similar happened to my (legit) acct. I think it was one DSR went below standard, so I received a selling limit for the next month. This very seller limit is what PREVENTED me from being ABLE to raise that DSR back up (ridiculous: basically entrapment, but anyway....). Therefore next month the DSR was still below standard. My reduced selling limit continued, therefore I was still unable to shift enough items to raise it. Third month, still had the reduced selling limit. Fourth month: banned indefinitely from selling. Have you received any proper ebay message/warning regarding this, or any code violations MC999 etc?

bansheezone 08-17-2012 03:10 PM

To prevent something like this you must have sleeper accounts ready to help built up your dsr ratings. Be it 20-30, I do this just to bury a negative comment sometimes. You always need to have accounts just for this the purpose of keeping your business going, those dsr's are the worse idea yet by eBay.

411guru 08-17-2012 03:13 PM

This is one of my legit accounts. So its 3 months, then suspension. I thought it was a 30 day suspension from selling? ?So you were still able to sell after you were limited? What was your limit? I'm coming up on ithe 2nd month. My listing almost aways appear last so I don't think I'll be able to move enough product to pull up the dsr.

Any advice? I'm considering to let the account cool off, or close the account and start another legit account. Appreciated!

bansheezone 08-17-2012 03:34 PM

Let it cool off, give eBay a call tell them your concern and what steps are needed to correct the situation and get on it fast. Build up multiple accounts, this is the only way to handle selling on eBay, they might switch things up again then what do we do?

Bunneh 08-17-2012 03:42 PM

Where are you getting the low stars?

Shipping? Communication? Dispatch Time? Description?

This is easily fixable, communicate more with your buyers, supply free shipping, same day dispatch, and write more details in your description.

You can either add the shipping into your price, to be able to make it free, or make a small loss to recover your account.

Obviously you know where you are falling short. It is not hard to get back to being standard.

Also, You wont be able to create another Real account if this one falls down, as you mentioned above. Your only other option is to go completely stealth.

Good Luck

bansheezone 08-17-2012 04:00 PM

"This is easily fixable, communicate more with your buyers, supply free shipping, same day dispatch, and write more details in your description."

Hence the helpfull steath accounts you should have to get you back to where you need to be.

slim jim 08-17-2012 05:22 PM

got to agree with the banshee...DSR's make no sense at all and they are not understood by most customers. I can offer free shipping and get automatic 5 star which makes no sense. It's what ebay does to get you to offer free shipping, holding you hostage.

diamonda 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansheezone (Post 368707)
, those dsr's are the worse idea yet by eBay.

couldn't agree more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411guru
This is one of my legit accounts. So its 3 months, then suspension. I thought it was a 30 day suspension from selling? ?So you were still able to sell after you were limited? What was your limit? I'm coming up on ithe 2nd month. My listing almost aways appear last so I don't think I'll be able to move enough product to pull up the dsr.

not sure if this was for me or bansheezone's response, but either way bear in mind i'm based in the uk using uk eb, so could be different for you. general info: was a personal account not business, nearly ten years strong, simply used to regularly buy and sell a variety of non-very-expensive things. 99.9% pos fb, 4.8/4.9 in all DSR's except one which must have been 4.6. Got warning message. Can't even recall what the selling limit was before reduction or how much it was reduced by, but enough so that it was impossible to improve it to what was required in order for eb to allow the acct to continue selling. So it was three months, then gone, despite every attempt to save the acct livechat/emails/calls/etc. This is why I asked what warning msg/code violations you received from eb if any, as the code/reason will mean a different outcome- anything from 30 day suspension to always.

bansheezone 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

I do offer free shipping so they do not make a profit off my shipping charges. But I work it in so that it is still a profit. Never give anything away for free, if anything raise your prices and stay put.

411guru 11-18-2012 04:28 AM

Bump on this as there was no definite answer. I have one account that is below standard for 3 months and coming on 4 months it will still be.

What will happen in month 4? I'm thinking to close the account so it won't get linked to my other good account.

GreenBean 11-18-2012 04:46 AM

Do you mean you just let the account stay 'poor'?

Has anything improved.

I dont understand if you have done anything to improve DSRs.

I would be expecting the chop anytime :smash:

:spy:

411guru 11-18-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 394378)
Do you mean you just let the account stay 'poor'?

Has anything improved.

I dont understand if you have done anything to improve DSRs.

I would be expecting the chop anytime :smash:

:spy:

The account is still selling. DSRs are improving but not enough to become standard for next evaluation.

The account is 2002 and has no selling limit and a legitimate account. But I also have another legit account from 2007 that is currently above standard.

I heard month 4 is the axe??? So I was thinking to close below standard account to save other account.

Johnson1 11-18-2012 05:34 AM

I once found myself in a similar position and I could not improve the DSR's. The selling restrictions they applied made it impossible as you could not sell enough merchandise to have an effect.

I find it difficult to believe that eBay are not aware of this.

imjustme 11-18-2012 11:14 AM

If you want to have any chance of saving the account, sell as many items as you can to raise the DSR. You have to sell at breaking even point or even at a small loss, depending on what the account is worth to you.

I had an account selling limited for low DSRs and it took 1 year until I was able to sell again, because the low DSRs were recent and it takes 12 months for them to drop off.

If you can't raise the DSR enough, then you're probably in for a 12 month wait.

they_screwed_me_too 11-18-2012 01:47 PM

the 3rd evaluation after being put on the naughty step the account is suspended permanently from selling

411guru 11-20-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 394502)
the 3rd evaluation after being put on the naughty step the account is suspended permanently from selling

I really need help here. One of my accounts will still be below standard after 4th evaluation. I've searched for hours and get conflicting answers.

Some say on the 4th evaluation, you get limited selling privileges, like 5 a month. Some like you guys say 4th time is the axe.

Then I read that even if I close my account, it will still affect the above standard account I have. I really don't want to close this account because it has no selling limit and from 2002. All my accounts are legit.

So I only have maybe 12 hours left to decide what to do. Do I close the account, or pry it will not be suspended after 4th evaluation?:s

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

411guru 11-20-2012 05:15 PM

Update:

I thought I'd update because so many OP never update end result. I thought this might help others in the future. So I just checked out my troubled account. It remains below standard but no suspension nor restrictions. My dashboard says no limit on listings and I just relisted something normally. All seems fine:laugh:

However, I'm not sure if they are going to restrict it in a few hours/days. We will see. Knock on wood.

Chippychick 12-01-2013 05:22 PM

Re: How long does ebay give you to pull up low DSRs???

3 month mark for me and mine were improving. Indefinite suspension for me and my scores did not dip,that low

Dmshark25 12-01-2013 06:32 PM

It's a sand trap , once ur below the account is so hard to salvage if ur limits are 100 items or 50 is impossible , sometimes after doing the math it would take 4-5 months to become standard and that's considering u sell to ur limits with no refunds or another low DSR

ITS made to set u up to fail , I'll look real close into any neg or neutral hit report on everyone and if there is a clear violation call in

I don't recommend calling in until you have experience and know all rules and risks , but I have gotten a few removed instantly
If your a good seller and you feel the low DSR was against the rules research it research the buyers feedback left history, which helps when they are mostly neg and neutral

Once ur below its hard to come back and sometimes better to put all that tine and energy into making a new account

It's unfair system but it's eBay

Sausage 12-01-2013 09:46 PM

I have an account that's just been put on the naughty step, only 60 feedback no negatives but one low DSR due to two low positive feedback.

I am going to fight to save it by selling an item just to cover the cost - we shall see how it goes after a month.

toml3030 12-01-2013 10:49 PM

my experience was that once the DSR's fell below standard, they left it alone until i had another low DSR evaluation period within 12 months from when it first fell below. I had about 600 transactions when I hit below 4.6 DSR. Then i had one disasterous evaluation period 9 months later when I got three separate clueless newbies left a 1.0 on shipping time because they didn't bother reading the listing, and at that point my account was restricted from selling.