eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   hitting limits on a stealth account - types of items to list (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/50302-hitting-limits-stealth-account-types-items-list.html)

tryingtofigurethisout 08-31-2012 01:49 PM

hitting limits on a stealth account - types of items to list

Is ANYTHING branded considered a high risk item? :confused: Like a pair of Nike shoes - would that be a high risk item? Versus a pad of paper.

Not sure if you guys have heard of 'cards against humanity' card game, but I have some that I want to sell on my new stealth but I'm afraid of it being high risk. I'm almost positive they're not VERO.

MM78 08-31-2012 01:56 PM

Indeed anything that is Branded "could be" considered high risk, for the most part...anything that is copied, duplicated, f@ked is high risk, also items that cost a lot.

Never heard of that specific card game, When it comes to VERO the Rights Owner can shut you down if they desire at any time. Your going to have to test out your luck.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-31-2012 02:00 PM

hitting limits on a stealth account - but with low risk items?

My stealth account is 30+ days old, only 1 week old for selling. I have a 100 item limit and just want to list some of my customized apparel. If I get close to hitting the limits, do you think the account will be closed? Keep in mind it's nothing high-risk. Custom designed $10 t-shirts. :ranger:

MM78 08-31-2012 02:04 PM

No your account won't be closed, you just won't be allowed to sell past your limits. Keep in mind that hitting your limits without any problems (MC999, ETC) will help raise limits as you keep high DSR's etc.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-31-2012 02:13 PM

Great. so even selling t-shirts as buy it now will be okay? I heard to wait on buy it now auctions for over a month. but I guess seeing as these are basically NO risk items, that's ok? :mod:

MM78 08-31-2012 02:28 PM

You don't have to wait to list but you do have to build some "browsing" history on the account..sorta like window shopping only online. I usually log into my ebay account, search for random items, look at my account, watch a few items, etc.

Who ever told you to wait a Month was wrong. Are these T-Shirts your own design or Branded?

tryingtofigurethisout 08-31-2012 03:40 PM

so I guess the problem would be listing 30 HIGH RISK items. that would be bad

MM78 08-31-2012 05:30 PM

Yeah, 30 high risk items would be bad.

oge 08-31-2012 05:44 PM

MM78

I advise to wait a month before doing BIN. Which is correct as 7 day 99 cent auctions builds the accounts up better then BIN as BIN isn't considered selling slow.

Saying I'm wrong doesn't make sense to me and then they go do something else then I have to deal with it.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-31-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oge (Post 372576)
MM78

I advise to wait a month before doing BIN. Which is correct as 7 day 99 cent auctions builds the accounts up better then BIN as BIN isn't considered selling slow.

Saying I'm wrong doesn't make sense to me and then they go do something else then I have to deal with it.

that's what I've been doing. but I need income for my family and can't hang around for 30 days without much :(

I think I need more accounts. :thumb:

slim jim 08-31-2012 06:06 PM

more accounts definitely helps. counting on 1 is never a good idea, things happen, mistakes happen. might as well grow a few accounts for down the road so that you do not have this problem in the future. oge was one of the first to help me out here and so far so good but i have also been very patient

GreenBean 08-31-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 372538)
Hi all,

My stealth account is 30+ days old, only 1 week old for selling. I have a 100 item limit and just want to list some of my customized apparel. If I get close to hitting the limits, do you think the account will be closed? Keep in mind it's nothing high-risk. Custom designed $10 t-shirts. :ranger:

Custom designed might still get a 2nd glance.

Clothing is known to trip the bots.

:juggle:

GreenBean 08-31-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 372545)
You don't have to wait to list but you do have to build some "browsing" history on the account..sorta like window shopping only online. I usually log into my ebay account, search for random items, look at my account, watch a few items, etc.

Who ever told you to wait a Month was wrong. Are these T-Shirts your own design or Branded?

Custom design usually gets seen by ebay as branded...:ranger:

All it will take is one member of the ebay police to report the listing of customised apparel. And we know that is just what they do.

The account has come under unwarranted scrutiny.:ranger:

oge 08-31-2012 06:09 PM

Yes you need more accounts but doing something to get suspended will put you right back to square 1 which would be worse. I hooked you up the best I could with fb, 30 + days etc. Please consider more accounts as an alternative even if you make them yourself because to keep selling you have to have more then 1 account or when you get suspended you will be back to square 1!

Good luck!

slim jim 08-31-2012 06:12 PM

couldn't have said it better myself

download3000 08-31-2012 06:47 PM

Some get removed some dont its all random. If you list your nikes as USED they would never be removed, but if you list them new its very possible.

GreenBean 08-31-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 372530)
Is ANYTHING branded considered a high risk item? :confused: Like a pair of Nike shoes - would that be a high risk item? Versus a pad of paper.

Not sure if you guys have heard of 'cards against humanity' card game, but I have some that I want to sell on my new stealth but I'm afraid of it being high risk. I'm almost positive they're not VERO.

WOAH! You said elsewhere you had that game taken down. SO why risk listing it on a new account?

If an item has a 'NAME', it has a high chance of having what is called an IP owner. (Intellectual Property). Therefore items may be looked at more closely.

This is where YOU have to be very careful. Branded goods, even used, can flag accounts.

GreenBean 08-31-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 372545)
Who ever told you to wait a Month was wrong.

In the old days, we always suggested to new sellers to WAIT.

Much safer to go slowly and do a little here, a little there.
Absolutely for sure, browse, surf, play.
But hurry to list, not for me. :nono:

It's preferable given that the account we are talking about came from the forum. Sellers give recommendations to their buyers.

We must avoid being counter-productive, even with the best intentions.
:peace:

tryingtofigurethisout 09-01-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 372600)
WOAH! You said elsewhere you had that game taken down. SO why risk listing it on a new account?

If an item has a 'NAME', it has a high chance of having what is called an IP owner. (Intellectual Property). Therefore items may be looked at more closely.

This is where YOU have to be very careful. Branded goods, even used, can flag accounts.

I never said that...

I said I had another VERO item removed (beach body products).

tryingtofigurethisout 09-01-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 372607)
In the old days, we always suggested to new sellers to WAIT.

Much safer to go slowly and do a little here, a little there.
Absolutely for sure, browse, surf, play.
But hurry to list, not for me. :nono:

It's preferable given that the account we are talking about came from the forum. Sellers give recommendations to their buyers.

We must avoid being counter-productive, even with the best intentions.
:peace:

Then what am I suppose to do for income right now? :( Guess that's up to me to figure out lol. Buying more accounts won't help for this moment. Will help for the long run though. Guess I better get crackin'

crafty1 09-01-2012 01:36 PM

Why don't you buy an aged account with lots of feedback.......

Getting a brand new account will take you ages as you have mentioned

tryingtofigurethisout 09-02-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1 (Post 372736)
Why don't you buy an aged account with lots of feedback.......

Getting a brand new account will take you ages as you have mentioned

I would LOVE to but don't see any for sale.