eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Will this work abroad? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/5124-will-work-abroad.html)

disorderlyconduct 06-12-2008 02:57 AM

Will this work abroad?

I'm going to be traveling out of the country next week and while I already have a number of ebay accounts, I'd like to ensure that if any or all go belly-up, I can get back on while I'm in another country.

Here's what I'll be doing.
I'm leaving a computer here in the states and it's going to be connected to a broadband service.
I'm using Windows Vista (if that means anything).
I'm also going to be using gotomypc.com on the computer here in the states. I'm going to log into it internationally and post my auctions from it, not the computer I'll be on in China.
If any of my accounts get suspended, will I be able to apply the eBay Stealth book abroad?

At this point, I would easily purchase an account from someone, but it would still be used on the computer that is in California. The person's int service that I'm going to have my computer attached to isn't going to know all of the intricacies of changing the IP address and such.

I'd really appreciate any information anyone can pass out.

imjustme 06-12-2008 10:43 AM

What are you going to do when the power goes out in California?

disorderlyconduct 06-12-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 45095)
What are you going to do when the power goes out in California?

Good one. I'll have to call my brother and tell him to put his computer back on. That's the only thing I can do. The last thing I want to do is let ebay know I'm selling from China, land of all replicas and DVD's. They'll surely think I'm doing something that is against their selling rules. And I couldn't possibly do that.:D That would be against their policy.

imjustme 06-12-2008 05:32 PM

I see Chinese accounts all the time with 2000+ feedback selling 100% counterfeits...

disorderlyconduct 06-12-2008 05:40 PM

No ****? I have to be honest, I really don't watch ebay much or check out accounts (something I probably should do), but I've never seen anything like that before.

My fear is that my accounts will go up in smoke because of listing over there. So, I couldn't think of a better thing to do than to get gotomypc and log into my computer from China and then post my aucs.

I've been on live help a lot today with ebay csr's and they've assured me that there wouldn't be a problem. Of course they're going to say that.

aspkin 06-13-2008 12:08 AM

If you're unable to change your IP address, you won't be able to access more then one account without linking your other accounts. If you become suspended, and unable to change your IP address any new accounts you create will just be linked and shut down.

Unless your brother can change the Ip address on command, you're limited to one eBay account.

Contact ImJustMe on what he does for his US accounts. He's in Japan now.

disorderlyconduct 06-13-2008 12:45 AM

I'll be damned. I had no idea he was in Japan. I'll contact him. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

topazcorp 06-13-2008 03:45 AM

BTW are you going to China for a long time or just for the next week? Cause you might consider not selling at all with your well established accounts while you're abroad... You could create a bunch of new account and try to list on them from China to see if it work.

411guru 06-13-2008 03:50 AM

I heard chinese accounts on ioffer selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff never get suspended because ioffer can't touch foreign accounts who violate copyright laws. If thats true, is it true for ebay too? Is that why chinese accounts with 3000 fb on ebay are still unkilled?

imjustme 06-13-2008 06:05 AM

I sell on US accounts without problems. I set them up and log into them with Japanese IPs. I just link Japanese PayPal accounts to them too, without problems. From my experience, only PayPal will hunt you down if you login with IPs from other countries, not eBay.

I have one US eBay account where I never ever logged in with a US IP, only Japanese IPs. It has over 100 items sold and 40+ feedback without getting killed.

disorderlyconduct 06-13-2008 10:30 AM

I’m going to be in China for a long time. I actually just got back from there. I was there from November 07-April 08 and came back to California to take care of some business and now I’m on my way back next week. I’ve just decided to go to the source. It’s where I get all of items anyway, so I wanted to go there and get them all for myself. It’s not a place I want to call home forever, but in this line of work, it’s the place to be.
Also, prior to me leaving, I called PayPal and told them to take note that I’d be in China and that I’d be accessing my account while there. In addition, I withdrew money everyday from the local ATM’s using my PayPal debit card. All it takes is a phone call or contact with a PP rep to let them know there’s not going to be any type of hanky panky going on and that no one is using your card fraudulently. About 3 times in the 6 months that I was there, I had to call to have the card reset because every now and then, the card freaks out or PP experiences some difficulty, but they reset the card right there on the phone and I’m good to go. So, from my experience, PP doesn’t seem to be an issue. I log into everyday while I’m in China. It’s ebay that I don’t log into. I made the mistake one time of logging into one of my accounts and I posted an auction and they canceled my listings and wanted to me to speak to a csr. I got the issue taken care of, but since then, I’m always careful not to log into any of my accounts from China and list on them.

imjustme
I’m sure you probably don’t keep those Chinese accounts in your mind, but if you happen to know a few off-hand, I’d like to see some of those. I’m a bit confused about your selling techniques. Let me try to understand this:

1. You are living in Japan, correct?
2. You have US ebay accounts as well as Japanese ebay accounts?
3. You have a US ebay account hooked up to your Japanese PayPal account?

I’m assuming that your US ebay account states the item you sell are located in the US and that shipping will come from the states. According to ebay, as long as the item is in the states, it’s okay, but if you sell on a US ebay account and the items are shipped from China, they frown on that and can suspend you.

Let me know your set up, partner. I’d appreciate reading it and understanding more.

topazcorp
I don’t think I’d want to create any Chinese accounts. Maybe I’m wrong, but I just don’t see people buying the items that I sell from a seller that’s based in China. I would tend to think that they would question authenticity of my items.

411guru
As for ioffer, you’re right about that. It seems that the Chinese accounts don’t get nuked like those accounts from America. I’ve thought very hard about selling on ioffer and I’m still contemplating it. It’s just that the competition is crazy and all of the stupid questions people ask you and the haggling they do before they accept the item is ridiculous.

aspkin
Your ebook is great and while I haven’t finished reading it yet, I’ve learned a bit more from it than from the other ebooks I have. Plus, I really dig your style of writing. Good job and kudos to you.

imjustme 06-13-2008 02:24 PM

I have about..

90% of my accounts: Japan eBay + Japan PayPal
10% of my accounts: US eBay + Japan PayPal

Of course I let my buyers know that the items are shipped from Tokyo, Japan. But I never had any of those accounts suspended for just selling on them. Unless of course I did something stupid like list a brand name item on a 0 feedback account.

trust & safety retards 06-13-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 45305)
I have about..

90% of my accounts: Japan eBay + Japan PayPal
10% of my accounts: US eBay + Japan PayPal

Of course I let my buyers know that the items are shipped from Tokyo, Japan. But I never had any of those accounts suspended for just selling on them. Unless of course I did something stupid like list a brand name item on a 0 feedback account.

I have decided to sign up to this site after having a good read these past few days but I am still a bit unsure with a couple of things which I will still try to re-read to gain a better understanding.

So 'imjustme' are you using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details with both your ebay and paypal accounts? I am somewhat confused by this. I am from the UK but am living in the Philippines and I am wanting to create some new ebay accounts based in the UK and have them linked to paypal accounts created in the Philippines.

What I am unsure of is when do I have to use 'real' details and '⊗⊗⊗⊗' details with both ebay and paypal?

disorderlyconduct 06-13-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trust & safety retards (Post 45331)
I have decided to sign up to this site after having a good read these past few days but I am still a bit unsure with a couple of things which I will still try to re-read to gain a better understanding.

So 'imjustme' are you using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details with both your ebay and paypal accounts? I am somewhat confused by this. I am from the UK but am living in the Philippines and I am wanting to create some new ebay accounts based in the UK and have them linked to paypal accounts created in the Philippines.

What I am unsure of is when do I have to use 'real' details and '⊗⊗⊗⊗' details with both ebay and paypal?

Oh Man - you have no idea. I'm trying to get back to the Philippines. I was there for 6 months back in 2005. I loved it. Went everywhere. If I could sell from the Philippines, I'd be there now.

You bring up some good points with your questions for imjustme. What about those, IJM. Do you have any answers for this person? I'm curious as well. You seem to have all of this dialed in.

trust & safety retards 06-13-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disorderlyconduct (Post 45332)
Oh Man - you have no idea. I'm trying to get back to the Philippines. I was there for 6 months back in 2005. I loved it. Went everywhere. If I could sell from the Philippines, I'd be there now.

You bring up some good points with your questions for imjustme. What about those, IJM. Do you have any answers for this person? I'm curious as well. You seem to have all of this dialed in.

I have been living here for just over 3.5 years now and loving every minute of it although after being smashed from pillar to post by the retards I am now running out of money and have a considerable amount of VERO stock that I need to offload to give myself a fighting chance of staying put in the Philippines. I used to be on a very good earner using a UK ebay account and UK paypal account which I managed to get feedback up to over 1800 before I got smashed although they still allowed me to keep my account.

After yet another VERO they still allowed me to keep my account but now it is currently suspended as I owe them around £10 in fee's but is no good to me really as my paypal account is limited.

Just I am so confused as to what 'real' and 'false' info is needed to create eba y and paypal verified accounts. From looking it seems that to create a verified paypal account in the Philippines all you need to do is register a credit card (vcc) and then confirm the 2 payments, so I am thinking to do this but I am wondering how the hell I get around creating a UK ebay account.

Can I use the same credit card (vcc) that I use for paypal?

ambercolour 06-13-2008 11:12 PM

If you using gotomypc from china its gonna be way slow, however sometimes its fast. I think its either the distance.
I'd suggest to open chinese ebay accounts if you are trading from china, however it isnt easy.....

topazcorp 06-13-2008 11:47 PM

Try taobao.com, you might have more success there then on ebay...

disorderlyconduct 06-14-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambercolour (Post 45416)
If you using gotomypc from china its gonna be way slow, however sometimes its fast. I think its either the distance.
I'd suggest to open chinese ebay accounts if you are trading from china, however it isnt easy.....

You're so right. It's painful at times. I even tried another one, LogMeIn and that was slow as well. But both are still faster than dial up and I also get up early in the morning while in China when the network is much faster.

disorderlyconduct 06-14-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topazcorp (Post 45420)
Try taobao.com, you might have more success there then on ebay...

Wow, you know about taobao, impressive. I thought about that as well, but why in the hell would the Chinese buy a replica handbag or wallet from taobao when they can simply walk down the street and get them?

disorderlyconduct 06-14-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trust & safety retards (Post 45341)
I have been living here for just over 3.5 years now and loving every minute of it although after being smashed from pillar to post by the retards I am now running out of money and have a considerable amount of VERO stock that I need to offload to give myself a fighting chance of staying put in the Philippines.

I first want to say how jealous I am that you’ve been in the P.I. for that long. I know that the 6 months that I was there was the most incredible time in my life. It’s the place that I want to retire to. I’ve been all over: Manila, Bulacan, Bicol, Sagada, Boracay, Tagaytay, Cavite, Pampanga and Baguio, The country has its problems, like any other, but there’s an energy and a way of life that I haven’t found anywhere else, and I’m supposed to be in the best place on Earth – The Bay Area, California. I can see why you’re trying to stay put there – you lucky devil.

I have been living here for just over 3.5 years now and loving every minute of it although after being smashed from pillar to post by the retards I am now running out of money and have a considerable amount of VERO stock that I need to offload to give myself a fighting chance of staying put in the Philippines.

Are you getting your VERO items from the P.I. (Divisoria, Green Hills) or are you getting them from other places and just shipping from the P.I.? If you don’t mind me asking, what were you selling?

I used to be on a very good earner using a UK ebay account and UK paypal account which I managed to get feedback up to over 1800 before I got smashed although they still allowed me to keep my account.

I don’t understand what you mean by “smashed.” Did ebay do something with your accounts? What happened?

After yet another VERO they still allowed me to keep my account but now it is currently suspended as I owe them around £10 in fee's but is no good to me really as my paypal account is limited.

Why did your paypal account get limited?

Just I am so confused as to what 'real' and 'false' info is needed to create eba y and paypal verified accounts. From looking it seems that to create a verified paypal account in the Philippines all you need to do is register a credit card (vcc) and then confirm the 2 payments, so I am thinking to do this but I am wondering how the hell I get around creating a UK ebay account.

Why is it so necessary to create a UK account? Do you feel it’s better to appear to be a UK seller as opposed to a Philippine seller?

disorderlyconduct 06-14-2008 04:26 PM

I've been a member of this forum for awhile, but it wasn't until I purchased the ebook that I started reading and posting on here. The only thing I'd have to say is that there's soooo much information that it gets dizzying after reading. Some of you on here are remarkable with your knowledge and experience.

411guru 06-15-2008 05:21 AM

taobao is the reason why ebay china can't capture the market. I would sell on there if I could read all the language. As for why they would buy a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse on taobao when they can walk down the street to get it. Ask yourself this, why would you buy anything online when you can drive to walmart and get it? Its because people are busy/lazy. I'm sure its the same in china.