This is a new one .. ebay phone call ??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default This is a new one .. ebay phone call ???

I had a call on my cell phone. Caller ID said (801)545-1800

I didn't answer, no voice mail message was left. I did a google search of the phone number, there were a bunch of google listings for this phone number. All said it was ebay calling in some form or another. Some said scam, some said ebay sales, some said ebay trust and safety. The weird thing is that I never give ebay my real phone number, i use toll free forwarding and the current number with them is only 3 hours old.

Who would have access to phone number besides ebay.

Here is one site that has numerous people who have gotten calls from this number over the years.

whocalled.us
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2008

Longevity: 92%

wow, thats creepy, why don't you try to call it back but block your number, dial
*67(then the number) your number will auto. be blocked
try it.
Old 06-12-2008

Longevity: 91%

eBay has called me multiple times regarding policy violations, ect. Seems like the new thing to do. (if it's that new)
Old 06-13-2008

Longevity: 92%

Here is what I got after I listed something with a link to my company website that I work for. They took the listing down at 330am so I guess they couldn't call me about it.

Dear XXXXXXX(XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com),

We're writing to follow-up on a recent action taken on your account. Ideally, we would have liked to discuss this with you by phone, but a phone call wasn't possible in this case. (Out of consideration for our members, eBay has established guidelines around when we can place phone calls. For example, we don't call members after 9:00 PM.)

We do have some important information to share with you.

Please note that we did not attempt to call you this morning concerning our recent Trust and Safety action on your account, as we have a courtesy policy in place that prevents us from calling if it is earlier than 9:00am your local time.

If you have any questions or concerns after reading the notice we have sent you, please don?t hesitate to reply to the email.

Thank you for your time, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

To review the rules for sellers, please visit:

Knowing the Rules for Sellers

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety
Old 06-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

If they start calling sellers when they remove listings, they are going to have a few billion more in phone call bills starting next month.