eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Signature confirmation >> international to austraila (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/52226-signature-confirmation-international-austraila.html)

lasvegas 10-26-2012 02:21 AM

Signature confirmation >> international to austraila

Hey Guys I am confused .. I have been shipping internationally for awhile and never had a bad experience except one time to RUSSIA which I just let it go and moved on.

Anyway, Today I sold a $2200 item and buyer requested to ship in 2 different boxes since he wanted to not pay TAX over $1000 in AUSTRAILA. So as I was making a label in eBay today, I could NOT select the signature confirmation box! I was amazed that I never noticed that! Does USPS NOT allow sig confirmation? How can I get sig confirmation on Priority mail? Does adding insurance via USPS at the post office automatically require signature confirmation?

If I cannot add signature confirmation I will just refund the buyer his money because I am not about to get scammed.

On the other note on ebay seller protection page it says "If Buyers Address Does not allow Signature Confirmation, Delivery confirmation is used instead"....

Well which one is it!!? Is it Sig Confirm or Delivery Confirm? LOL

yotano211 10-26-2012 02:29 AM

The item is over $250 so it requires signature confirmation, anything under 249 is only delivery confirmation. But some people do signature confirmation on items over 200 or so to cover their butts.

GreenBean 10-26-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasvegas (Post 387346)
Hey Guys I am confused .. I have been shipping internationally for awhile and never had a bad experience except one time to RUSSIA which I just let it go and moved on.

Anyway, Today I sold a $2200 item and buyer requested to ship in 2 different boxes since he wanted to not pay TAX over $1000 in AUSTRAILA. So as I was making a label in eBay today, I could NOT select the signature confirmation box! I was amazed that I never noticed that! Does USPS NOT allow sig confirmation? How can I get sig confirmation on Priority mail? Does adding insurance via USPS at the post office automatically require signature confirmation?

If I cannot add signature confirmation I will just refund the buyer his money because I am not about to get scammed.

On the other note on ebay seller protection page it says "If Buyers Address Does not allow Signature Confirmation, Delivery confirmation is used instead"....

Well which one is it!!? Is it Sig Confirm or Delivery Confirm? LOL

Be careful. He could get you stung & Customs seize the goods.....think carefully about this.

In Australia, we are allowed $1000 duty free imports.(That's the one box). He's got an extra $1200: that could get trapped by our Customs.

Have you spoken in depth to the buyer? Warning bells are going off with me.
:peace:

Gamefreak 10-26-2012 02:35 AM

I suggest you ship with a more reliable overseas carrier ( tracking wise ) for this.

DHL, FEDEX, UPS, you need to be protecting yourself and not worry about the buyer for such an expensive item...

yotano211 10-26-2012 02:36 AM

@GB, I PMed him the same thing, it's against the law to dodge taxes and "gift" thing.

Follow the path of the yellow brick road.

slim jim 10-26-2012 09:32 AM

i've shipped to australia a few times over 1k and never have been asked to 'seperate packages'. sounds like a problem ready to explode