eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   "Below Standard" but stopped selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/52426-below-standard-but-stopped-selling.html)

kryunn 10-31-2012 08:18 AM

"Below Standard" but stopped selling

I got this one for the second month in a row:

"Improve selling to avoid limitations

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Your seller performance is below standard under the US seller performance standards program.

If you are not meeting minimum performance standards, selling limits will be placed on your account.

Based on your ratings, we recommend you focus on writing better item descriptions for your listings, and shipping promptly and updating your buyers."

I am 1,47% on low DSR's out of the 1,20% allowed. They are asking me to improve. However I have been not selling since august. The low DSR's were left in mid this year, so even if time keeps passing, my DRS's won't improve and neither will get worse as the rolling window keeps moving.

Should I consider my account as been kissed-goodbye or since I have been not selling for three months (by the next evaluation) perhaps it doesn't get affected at all?

Also, "selling limits will be placed on your account" means exactly that (it doesn't currently have any limits) or it may be restricted? You never know with e B a y.

Thanks!

rsot 10-31-2012 09:15 AM

You may get limits placed on later - had a similar situation 2 years ago - tried to improve but limits got placed. I made a mistake of contacting them and they suspended my account altogether.

Decision is yours to make - I would work on it a bit and make up backup accounts

they_screwed_me_too 10-31-2012 09:31 AM

i had an account that fell to below standard

totally my fault for being generally crap :brushteeth:

after 3 reviews they placed limits on it

and the month after they suspended it totally

kryunn 10-31-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 388813)
i had an account that fell to below standard

totally my fault for being generally crap :brushteeth:

Were you selling at the time of the suspension or that account was sleepy?

kryunn 10-31-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 388809)
You may get limits placed on later - had a similar situation 2 years ago - tried to improve but limits got placed. I made a mistake of contacting them and they suspended my account altogether.

Decision is yours to make - I would work on it a bit and make up backup accounts

I will leave that account alone. Will it be suspended / restricted for sure or there is a chance that it remains untouched or even without any limits placed?

they_screwed_me_too 10-31-2012 10:54 AM

i was selling (there were items listed)

but once below standard sales are very very slow

it is nigh on impossible to get back

if you are able to list new items i would list some cheap items and get some favourable DSR's

it may not get you back to standard but will improve your performance in EBs eyes

kryunn 10-31-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 388845)
i was selling (there were items listed)

but once below standard sales are very very slow

it is nigh on impossible to get back

if you are able to list new items i would list some cheap items and get some favourable DSR's

it may not get you back to standard but will improve your performance in EBs eyes

That's exactly what I think, but with a variant. I wonder how's a sleeper account under eB's eyes. The account is inactive. I wonder if they would still take action against it or if the rolling window will pass just like that.

rsot 10-31-2012 01:43 PM

/quote

Sounds quite logical - had something similar 1.5 years ago

they_screwed_me_too 10-31-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 388926)
/quote

Sounds quite logical - had something similar 1.5 years ago

thats correct

i got the "we dont like your business model or selling practices" email

and ive not sold on ebay since :spy:

kryunn 10-31-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 388935)
thats correct

i got the "we dont like your business model or selling practices" email

and ive not sold on ebay since :spy:

I hope that this doesn't apply to inactive accounts. I have never seen an inactive account being suspended (except for being linked to other suspended *active* account). Time will tell.