eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How to get around category restriction (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/52881-how-get-around-category-restriction.html)

SquantoPaco 11-10-2012 11:36 AM

How to get around category restriction

I recently was restricted from the cell phone and acessories catergory. I want to keep selling in that category can I set up a new ebay and link it to my old paypal or will ebay catch on quickly? If so does anyone have any other ideas to get around this restriction?

BigCJ 11-10-2012 11:43 AM

No way to get around it im afraid.
You make a new account, they link both because you sell the same thing, they will ban both accounts because they will see that you are trying to get around the restrictions.

If you list in another category, they will give you an MC-of doom for miscategorization.

The only thing to do is to make new stealth accounts to spread sales :/

slim jim 11-12-2012 01:37 PM

listen to CJ, make more accounts and spread them over the accounts. make sure to not use the same exact picture and use variations of words, listing details so you do not get linked.

ruswal 11-12-2012 01:40 PM

I wasn't linked but i get category restriction too, but not all accounts.

newjerseymax 11-12-2012 01:59 PM

Its getting more common until you prove yourself with good feedback... Make other accounts... :smash:

GreenBean 11-12-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquantoPaco (Post 392188)
I recently was restricted from the cell phone and acessories catergory. I want to keep selling in that category can I set up a new ebay and link it to my old paypal or will ebay catch on quickly? If so does anyone have any other ideas to get around this restriction?

Whole point of a restriction is that ebay does not think your account has any standing with them.

ebay knows all the tricks sellers might try to get around issues.

Linking an old paypal is fatal. ( I think you should avoid that :boink:) DO pay attention to cjmixer's advice.

If you do not want to make more account at this point, then selling to your best advantage on this account is needed.

Slow and steady will be your mission.

Make a point of avoiding selling limits because you try to buck the system
:peace:

rsot 11-12-2012 04:07 PM

Make more accounts and build them up - spread sales.

arwoodco 11-12-2012 09:49 PM

Sell on Ebay's other sites (Canada, UK, Australia).

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquantoPaco (Post 392188)

Back in the old days 2003 or so, I would just sell on ebay.ca, ebay.com.au and ebay.co.uk to get around any category restriction.

Each Ebay site is under separate governence.

They attempted to throw me and some of my competitors into this pathetic totally looser-ville category (they happily created for us), which no one would ever frequent.

So, like I said, I just started to sell my stuff from the othe Ebay sites.. UK, Australia and canada.

mcmx 11-12-2012 09:54 PM

You could be creative and take a risk by listing it under another category that hypothetically makes sense.

Example: I've listed sweatpants under Clothes & Accessories and also under Sporting Goods > Exercise & Fitness > Gym, Workout & Yoga > Clothes

But if some people try to narrow down the search results by clicking through categories, chances are they'll click in the category it's supposed to be in and they won't see yours