Help needed!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Help needed!!

Recently had a buyer message me on one of my stealth accounts saying that the item I sent him was defective and he wants a refund, so I told him no problem, send the item back to me and as soon as you send it, I will give you the refund. He told me to send him a prepaid shipping label so he can get a immediately refund instead, I did and that was the end of communication for a few days.
Few days later, he messaged me on that stealth account again saying the item I sent him is defective and he needs a replacement. I replied saying that he already received refund on that item and he was suppose to send it back... well he didn't reply anymore after that.
Then, I started to realize that on another one of my stealth accounts I have another buyer messaging me stating defective item also but what drew my attention was that it has the same exact message the previous buyer sent me on my other stealth account.
I started to see what he was doing and went to take a look at his feedback, sure enough, these two buyers I had has left feedback for each other before and he has in the past sold the same item I am selling now which he claims defective and wants a new one sent to his "job address" (in another state).
Because my item wasn't exactly expensive, so despite knowing he was probably reselling the "replacements" I sent it anyways to avoid a hit to my feedback.
Well, yesterday I got 2 more purchases on 2 different accounts from a buyer and he messaged me for tracking number and stated that this was a gift and not to include eBay paperworks. Well, I am rather familiar with his way of typing... went to take a look at his feedback, and sure enough saw the previous two buyers name.
I knew this was trouble so I immediately refunded and sent a cancellation request on both accounts, made up a reason for each saying I don't ship to unconfirmed address and that I don't ship to unverified PayPal users.
Today I look at both of my accounts, got the same reply back telling me to refund him fast (which I already did) so he can purchase from another seller and that he will leave appropriate feedback for ruining his "niece's gift". I think he's going to leave me negatives on both account, what should I do.

Sorry for such a long story. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-21-2012

Longevity: 93%

I'd him to your blocked bidder list and hope for the best. Depends how much you value your item and your account if you want to appease him and not risk the negative feedback, but if he does, you may be able to get eBay to do something about it if it qualifies as feedback extortion or similar.

If you do add him to your blocked list he won't be able to send you messages, but he won't ever buy from you with those accounts either.

Id keep serial numbers or unique identifying information for your products to. He may be returning a different item than you shipped him.
Old 11-21-2012

Longevity: 70%

You can now report the buyer, which is a new option. You should try that. Unfortunately there is no stopping idiot buyers, who are out to scam from the start. You can also block them from bidding on your items as well, which you should do as soon as you can. Lastly, if they do leave negative feedback you could contact ebay and maybe they will remove it.

This just goes to show how sh!tty some people lifes are, that they need to try to make money off such a miniscule item. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 11-21-2012

Longevity: 66%

I'd play it cool too, block him everywhere and move past this obvious scammer asap damage limitation etc.

If hes going to trash ur feedback after placating every single con theres no more you can do unless you do try put it to eb.

I've yet to know what thats like in stealth mode personally, and the more i note as i learn the more i wonder .. sux enough normal mode .. best of luck.
Old 11-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 71%

Thank you everybody for the help, I think I will just suck it up and say sorry on both accounts and offer a compensation of some kind in order to keep my feedback...
Old 11-22-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtannie850 View Post
Thank you everybody for the help, I think I will just suck it up and say sorry on both accounts and offer a compensation of some kind in order to keep my feedback...
I think that would be the best option. Hurts to do it but hopefully you can sort it and move on.