Be careful with combining shipping - opens you up to illegitimate buyer claims - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Be careful with combining shipping - opens you up to illegitimate buyer claims

I just got nailed by a bad buyer who bought 5 items from me. She paid quickly and I shipped quickly. I took the time to pack all 5 items safely into one large box.

What does this moron do? She files items not received on 4 of those items and a pp dispute to get her money back.

When I saw this I replied that you asked me to combine to save you shipping and all 5 items were in the box. She said no, only one item was in the box.
When I told her the weight of the box and what only one item would weigh she said that the box was full of heavy packing.

Now I look at the rat gave me 5 negs in a row and said she didnt get the items.

Damn buyers are going to far. I usually can handle a buyer here and there but this one takes the cake.

So, be really careful with combining, I am going to lose 450+ on this one because I have one tracking number to put into pp and I am sure she will get the rest of the money back.

Last edited by Modee; 07-05-2008 at 10:26 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Thanks for the heads up I'm now never gonna give the option of combined shipping. Sorry for your loss did you talk to paypal and show them the email or ebay message she sent to you asking you to combine shipping and put all 5 items together while shipping?
Old 06-30-2008

Longevity: 91%

Is it possible the postal workers tampered with it? I've been hearing about this a lot lately. If a part of the box isn't taped, they will open it, remove items, then close it back.
Old 06-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I had the same thing happen to me. My courier scans the packages at each location for the weight and up until her door the package weighed the same as I shipped it from here with 3 items, yet she still claimed she only got 1 and got the money back over PayPal :(
Old 06-30-2008

I'm so lucky my cousin have a confirmed paypal account so I can sell on eBay...and he only uses that to buy item's through eBay. Other then that...i send auto invoices through auctiva at the end of auction's with the google checkout button located inside. I will not trust paypal with sales. Especially since you might get one of those buyer's who are new to online shopping and might panic after 3 days from buying that they never got anything....it's just so many crazy ways u can get screwed over on paypal lol. Google Checkout owns...they never give me problems EVER.
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 98%

I mentioned this before several months ago. I combine shipping and the people claim they only got one item. So I have to replace it. I also mentioned that it still happened after I included that if I send more than one item I have a note saying there are multiple items and to keep all packing material before throwing it away.

Of course whenever people claim an item is missing, they also claim they did not keep packing material.

I think it was here when I posted, people thought I was packing wrong, but now it turns out to be a popular scam, as popular as the "I am late paying due to being in the hospital" lie.
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

Luckily I haven't had this happen, but ive seen it mentioned here a couple times...I say I do combine shipping, but nobody ever waits for an invoice and always pay full price for each item...so I ship them separately just to avoid this...

ebay-sucks: I would atleast try to contact someone about, calling Paypal can be very effective and ive had some success with ebay live...I wonder if you can enter the same tracking number for each one?
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

This is a case where you should copy her account info make a new account with it and get her ass kicked off. Then at least you get the feedback removed and hope fully she won't be doing it to anybody again
Old 07-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

I say we should create a "bad Buyer" list so we can block some of these scammers
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Someone should start up a service to get people kicked off from ebay for such actions, I'd give someone $50 to get the prick kicked off from ebay if I got hosed for $450. We just need someone that has the know how and would enjoy it....anyone have any ideas of who would enjoy doing something like this?
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 91%

I would if i knew how
Old 07-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Since ebay-sucks already has that PITA Buyers real name, why not create a new eBay/PayPal account that matches that jerks real name and address, make sure eBay knows you already have an existing user account and you just want to add another one and then go wreak havoc so that eBay will that close that jerks real account along with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts you made up using their real name.

Might work, just wait a few weeks to try it.
Old 07-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

excellent!
Old 07-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

EBAY-s:

Go into paypal--into the Resolution center--at the very right--see a list of blue actions--
REPORT BUYER FRAUD TRANSACTION---

also--look at her recent fb-- it will take some time--but sounds like she's an expert at this--
a.) get her email from your ebay box--asking you to combine-FORWARD to your email box.
b.) USe that to forward to ebay T+S--report her there
c.) go through her list of sellers whom she bought from--send them each a short note--asking if any probs, also --reverse lookup--
look at the fb--she LEFT for others--contact those sellers--

SOMEWHERE--she'[s done this before...
Once you get a hit---share that with ebay and paypal-- (i knwo this all takes time)--

NOW-- call her Postmaster direct in her home town--speak to a Supervisor/ or the Postmaster herself--tell them that this person is performing a FRAUD--you'll be surprised at what info those nosey postmasters gather..

TO AVOID a PP Hold/Limitation--Immediately Refund her--
NOW--call paypal tell them what she's done--ask for a fax number to submit all your proofs--
YOU WILL FIND JUSTICE--maybe even getting her/him banned permanently...

Good luck
p.s. dont let this one bad egg ruin your hOliday!!!
Old 07-05-2008
Threadstarter  

I am going to not let this die. I am not a person who does paybacks but this rat just shut down my account. 5 negs and I think she is the same who left me 3 a while back.

Going to start a new account and buy 10 things from her, pay with paypal and ask to combine into 2 boxes, ( her listing says she will combine shipping !!!! ohh yea!!!! ), then I am going to give her the same meds right back. Didnt receive items, only got 2 out of the 10.
I hate doing this because I am just not a type of person who likes this but its time to shut her account down now that I got the 30 suspension.

I guess my sigy means something, time to play the game.

I have been packing and shipping items for 20 years, 13 on ebay. The new scam is these 10 and 15 fb ebay buyers are now telling me my packing is not up to par and I need someone to show me how to pack.

I also have seen a trend that it arrived broken into pieces. They refused insurance and want me to pay them for my very poor packing. Right!!

I took one up on this line of crap and told them to send it back I will pay the bill, I got it back alright, wasnt the same item, it was a piece of crap they just wanted replaced.

For anyone who thinks sellers are the scammers, after 13 years of ebay, I can tell you from experience, its the freakin buyers who are the real scammers.

Time to get busy on a new MY SCREW A SELLER account. Gosh I hate that, but...... you have to do what you have to do.
Old 07-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Exclamation

Did you try ebhl's suggestions at all? No dispute with me that the buyer needs to be punished but I would be cautious and not risk spending hard earned money.
Old 07-05-2008
Threadstarter  

I will be working on doing this also.
Old 07-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

to avoid this, my suggestion is to always have one tracking per paypal payment.

If they want to combine ship, refund first if they paid separately, and send one invoice for all items.