eBay items wont be bought? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default eBay items wont be bought?

I had a batch of 50 items ( all the same ) priced at 40$, sold them all in 24 hours.
Within the first hour i sold about 10.

However, I received my new batch today , re-listed at the same price, same style, same everything, i even did the 4$ bold. BUT yet, nothing has sold? What might this be?

Hopefully this changes, I miss the cha-ching noise my phone makes every 2minutes from the eBay app lol.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 64%

Your listing is ghosted. It should appear within 24 hours. In some cases, your Best Match results have been demoted for up to 30 days. If that's the case, you'll need a new eBay account to sell that product.
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 70%

You should NEVER let you listings expire, when they are hot sellers. What I mean by that is if you have 50 items, for $25 each, and they sell out in a week, you should keep an eye on it and when you only have a few left or right before you sell out, jack the price up to $300, and when you get more in stock realign the price and quantities. This way it will say 105 SOLD, and now when you restart it will say 0 SOLD. Buyers LOVE when other buyers purchase items. It give them confidence and assurance.

I have a listing that has sold over 20,000 items, and my competitor has it listed half the price.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
cantzme (03-01-2013), Clara (03-01-2013), Pasicel (03-02-2013), stanislav (03-02-2013)
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 64%

Great info, I have an item that I learned that the hard way, I let it end, relisted it when my new shipment came in it took about 2 weeks to become a hot seller again, I was confused for some time...
Old 03-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah great info, what would you recommend, leave the ad up and hope for the best?
Its getting views, but nothing like the traffic I seen on the first listing...
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 67%

Very good advice, and something else you may want to consider with this philosophy. Use Quantity Manager App combined with never running out. This way you can control what the buyer sees is left in stock. I do agree that people love to buy what others already have, and it does build confidence for sure. BUT they also love being one of the last to get them before they sell out. If the auction says "more than 10 available" I know there is time to shop it as a buyer. If it says 296 sold and only 3 left, I am buying it now before I miss the bus. Quantity manager allows you to show a low quantity left like "3" without running out of stock. It auto updates to 3 everytime someone buys one. So you really have 500 in stock but it only shows 3 left. If you sell items you have alot of and they move fast, try this app. $10 bucks a month I think. In addition you can log in to this app and adjust all your inventory at one time like Az, sooo much easier.
HBZ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
You should NEVER let you listings expire, when they are hot sellers. What I mean by that is if you have 50 items, for $25 each, and they sell out in a week, you should keep an eye on it and when you only have a few left or right before you sell out, jack the price up to $300, and when you get more in stock realign the price and quantities. This way it will say 105 SOLD, and now when you restart it will say 0 SOLD. Buyers LOVE when other buyers purchase items. It give them confidence and assurance.

I have a listing that has sold over 20,000 items, and my competitor has it listed half the price.

Last edited by hbz; 03-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hbz For This Useful Post:
Pasicel (03-02-2013), stanislav (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasicel View Post
I had a batch of 50 items ( all the same ) priced at 40$, sold them all in 24 hours.

However, I received my new batch today , re-listed at the same price, same style, same everything, i even did the 4$ bold. BUT yet, nothing has sold? What might this be?

Hopefully this changes, I miss the cha-ching noise my phone makes every 2minutes from the eBay app lol.
What category of listings?
Old 03-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Cell phone skins/accessories/cases

So far ive sold 2 items, traffic is picking up. I guess patience is key this time.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post

Amazing advice! Thank you!
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
This is high risk category.
Old 03-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah I know, account is doing fine. Main concern was why werent they selling as fast as before.
It noticeable picked up though
The Following User Says Thank You to Pasicel For This Useful Post:
stanislav (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

So far ive sold 2 items, traffic is picking up. I guess patience is key this time.
Selling goes in cycles. Never forget that.

Make more accounts too.

You are selling in a high risk category.
Pasicel (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Yeah I know, account is doing fine. Main concern was why werent they selling as fast as before.
It noticeable picked up though
I think I know what you are selling. We both sell the same thing. I agree with you. Sales were slow since yesterday but then all of the sudden it picked up. Also I think you need to slower your price maybe.
Pasicel (03-05-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

If what sells is legitimate and he is authorized to sell then he shouldn't be worried about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Selling goes in cycles. Never forget that.

Make more accounts too.

You are selling in a high risk category.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:

You only have one ebay account and you plan on keeping this type of selling up? Sooner or later like the guy that replied to you first in this thread is correct.....another thing is competitors will begin to resort to dirty tactics ..believe me..they will resort to anything possible to knock you out cold...there are very mean people on the streets and there are the same very mean people on the internet including ebay. The internet or the world wide web *www* really stands for the "wild wild west" lol.

I have 5 ebay accounts right now that i am selling two very hot items right now at 80 dollars a pop and the other item at 125 dollars a pop with each of these items having 5 ebay accounts of their own with each account looking dramatically different in listing style, theme colors,font size/colors,etc and that cha-ching noise you mentioned having on your phone...i've had going on for a few months now straight night and day, when i wake up each morning i have a huge chunk of money earned while sleeping..i love that fact about hitting the jack pot when finding a new hot commodity item(s) on ebay..making money while you sleep is the best thing since sliced bread. I do not have to do any packaging/shipping neither...the company does the shipping for me, a friend of mine his family owns this company.

I have ran into nasty competitors over my items or being ghosted as stated by another fella in this thread which he recommends resorting to another ebay account...that is what you gotta do man and as far as the haters (the jealous competitors) ....well i wish i could tell you an easy way to rid of them ...too many people around here would start doing it and ebay would put it stop to it...its not cheating by any means...but if someone throws a low blow at you because you are beating them in a game..you are going to wanna throw that low blow back..right? Well that is exactly what i do..but instead of me simply returning that low blow back to them....i just opt to the knock out punch and put them to sleep, for good and if they do happen to come back..they sure the heck know better to mess with me, believe that!

I just pray to God that my "legitimate" sales with these two newly found hot commodities i discovered two months ago will not cease, sales have been astounding for me these past two months....these two hot commodities of mine right now each item running on 5 of my ebay accounts not all at the same time but switching them and mixing them up,etc for a total of 10 ebay accounts - 5 accounts per item and its only me and 3 other people that are selling huge quantities of these "fairly" expensive items ...use to be 5 sellers but two of them i put to sleep because they lashed out at me and tried to throw some low blows and as explained above..i just didnt feel like playing any games and got rid of them and ebay banned them thanks to my retaliation technique thats quite unique..

I still sell other stuff as well like computer parts and all sorts of stuff on other accounts but for these two newer items i recently discovered, i was first on ebay selling them, right now its just me and 3 other guys at the moment and with my prices around 25% - 35% cheaper with both items than the next competitor on ebay..its all gravy right now and even if more hop on the bandwagon with these two hot items as it always does eventually...they still wont be able to match my price..no way because i got more room to lower the price as it stands unless china comes out with quick knock-offs but trust me..any knock-off's that i see wont be lasting long on ebay as long as i am around..i hate people that sell knock-off's as genuine goods..i get rid of them like pesky rodents. Its not fair, its cheating and quite frankly..its stealing in my book because your selling an item as a name brand item when its not, i consider that a form of stealing or at least scamming and ripping people off and a scammer and a thief are basically the same to me.

Anyways dude..make sure you got at least 5 different accounts with each having completely different styles in listing styles, theme styles like colors, fonts,logos,etc decorating your listing..make each stand out differently and switch off and on with them periodically, i am using two per item right now, than i'll use three per item, then i'll go to one per item..i just mix it up but most of the time its two or more ebay accounts per item so its always 24/7 with one item at around 80 bucks per sale and other item 125 bucks per item and as i mentioned i change up the price depending which account i am using by 5 or 10 bucks or so.

Honestly i prayed this friend of mine that works for a company his grandfather own's would agree to giving me the bulk price i was praying for which they did along with shipping directly out of their company to my customers and they agreed. This is a multi million dollar company so it's nothing to them..im not going to become a millionaire doing what im doing on ebay with this deal i got going right now..but if it continues on this way just for another few months i'd still be completely happy..heck if it ended right now i'd still be completely happy but as it stands..these two items are items that i can only get at the price i am getting them at because i know owner of this company that generously gave me a piece of the pie and these items are of very high quality with 5 year warranties and best of all Made in America, baby!

I dont even need to work as a CNC Programmer right now where i make 90 grand a year at my current day job..because at this rate i am surpassing what i make at my day job easily on ebay right now but we all know that trying to live off strictly ebay sales is not always a feel-safe, comfortable way of living and its never stable overall as a yearly average. I tend to need that security feeling in my life along with nice benefits and pension..i work for a company called Hamilton Sundstrand..we are a aerospace company that make parts for the F-22 Raptor jet fighter and other jet planes and we use to make parts for NASA's Space Shuttle..so i have a pretty secure job so everything i make on ebay is just icing on the cake.

I wish you good luck dude and and i personally never bought the book this forum sells here...im a fairly intelligent dude but i never really got into the ebay thing as hardcore as most of the other people around here have..so that is why i never felt the need to buy it..i just used my two cents and did my own research through the posts of the forums here and at other places and put two and two together and im doing very well right now but i suggest you get the book if you havent if you plan on getting hardcore into the ebay selling thing.

Last edited by Moegames; 03-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moegames For This Useful Post:
Pasicel (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
If what sells is legitimate and he is authorized to sell then he shouldn't be worried about anything.
Like you?

Since there is nothing in any of his posts to suggest he has anyone's OK, I stand by the concept of making more accounts.

To me, that would be sensible.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Sam221 (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Oh yeah definitely, I've recently came back to eBay after about 2 years. Been catching up with all these threads, I currently have 3 other accounts building up time, selling items slowly, at this moment i only have 1 account bringing in the money. And definitely looking forward for the rest of the account to catch up, and will be creating more. And yes. That sleeping and waking to a fat PayPal account is a really good feeling. but i don't celebrate yet until all my customers have left me good feedback.
Great info guys, thanks.
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Amazing post Moegames

@Pasicel, yes read your reply now - high risk but all the best