eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   how does ebay limit work (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/58416-how-does-ebay-limit-work.html)

albertldee 03-30-2013 10:17 PM

how does ebay limit work

i have my EBay account since June 2010.

i mainly buy stuff all the time. I just start selling with a limit of 100 listing or $5k whichever come first.
I'm well below that when i post in a category like phone cable i get a error that i can no longer post in that category as a new member I'm limited.

However it is saying i should post the same item in a different category if i do everything list ok until i get the error then i have to list item in a different category. Why i don't understand

ERROR I GET

You can't complete this listing right now. See below for details.

"It looks like you're new to selling on eBay. We limit the number of items that new sellers can list until they establish a good track record with us and their buyers. This helps ensure all sellers meet their buyers' expectations when selling on eBay

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This means you won't be able to complete this listing right now but may still be able to list other types of items.

You don't need to contact us. You should be able to list this item in 30 days."

MM78 03-30-2013 10:35 PM

There are selling limits in certain categories...Cell phones is one of those categories that places limits because you are technically a new "Seller".

The only way to get those limits raised is to sell up to your limits every month without issues...
And Or
Make many more accounts so your able to sell the quantity you need.

Pasicel 03-30-2013 10:36 PM

You can sell 100 items no doubt, but at the moment not of the SAME items( category ). This is normal, just build a history in that category, once that buyer leaves you a positive feedback, try to list it again.

GreenBean 03-30-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertldee (Post 435780)
i have my EBay account since June 2010.

However it is saying i should post the same item in a different category if i do everything list ok until i get the error then i have to list item in a different category. Why i don't understand

"It looks like you're new to selling on eBay. We limit the number of items that new sellers can list until they establish a good track record with us and their buyers. This helps ensure all sellers meet their buyers' expectations when selling on eBay

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This means you won't be able to complete this listing right now but may still be able to list other types of items.

You don't need to contact us. You should be able to list this item in 30 days."

ebay know you are new. They are trying to help you avoid issues & have possible suspensions.
What is the selling feedback on this account? This is part of the info that ebay uses to let you list.

If you do certain things, you can build your account up & we can tell you how to do this.
:peace:

albertldee 03-31-2013 12:22 AM

not sure of my selling feedback maybe 0 cause out of the 30 item i sold so far no feed back but i just start 4 days now and i have a total of 315 feedback cause i purchase a lot over the 3 year

MM78 03-31-2013 12:36 AM

Buying Feedback and Selling Feedback are totally different. On your profile page there's a "feedback as a seller" Tab, it shows your feedback as a seller.

Seller feedback is going to play a major part on selling limits and category limits.

GreenBean 03-31-2013 12:37 AM

Buying feedback does not matter.

Where you appear to be is at the start of selling & getting your account going well.

These early days are where you must be careful of everything you do.

Do you understand about being careful of putting your item in the correct category?

Please ask any other questions you might have.
:ranger:

albertldee 03-31-2013 02:08 AM

LOL because of the selling limit I put them in similar category

can I create another eBay account and connect it to my PayPal account or is that a violation
maybe easier to have 2 eBay account and 1 PayPal account

Speeder33 03-31-2013 02:13 PM

definitly make a new paypal with every ebay account, really not that much more work...

MM78 03-31-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertldee (Post 435822)
can I create another eBay account and connect it to my PayPal account or is that a violation

You can create other ebay accounts with the same information and attach the paypal account to the new ebay account but you can't list the same item...you will get limited/banned!

If you really need to sell the same item multiple times make how ever many accounts you need to sell your items, please remember that all the accounts must have new everything, name, address, phone, etc.

albertldee 03-31-2013 06:36 PM

thanks speed and MM you guide me in the right direction I was just going to do exactly what you suggest not to do thanks for the head up my 100 limit running out in a few days hmmmm

albertldee 04-01-2013 02:05 PM

i'm so happy cause I was afraid I would sell 100 item in 2 week then have to wait 3 week before I could sell again
I Just start selling 4 days now with no feedback as a seller I guess they see where I sold almost 40 item in 4-5 day also they ask how fast I ship I told him same day or within one day luckily while on the phone with eBay my post man came I put eBay on hold and let the post man scan my scan form and take the packages I assume when the guy check my record he see everything ship he said ok I will upgrade you from 100 to 225 and just call back within 1 month and we can upgrade it again

rsot 04-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertldee (Post 435822)

You can do this - not a violation but I would not recommend this until you have MASTERED your 1st account. Adding another account can leading to splitting of sales limits, increased restrictions, and...complete suspension.

albertldee 04-02-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 436245)
You can do this - not a violation but I would not recommend this until you have MASTERED your 1st account. Adding another account can leading to splitting of sales limits, increased restrictions, and...complete suspension.

yes the guy who I spoke to provide me some helpful tip he said the same thing get this account establish then open a second account or he said I can open a second account if i'm going to sell clothing and stuff, he also told me that when I'm visiting in Canada I can create a Canada account to sell to Canada only as long as I have a psycal Canada address which I do and bills in my name

rsot 04-02-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertldee (Post 436434)
yes the guy who I spoke to provide me some helpful tip he said the same thing get this account establish then open a second account or he said I can open a second account if i'm going to sell clothing and stuff, he also told me that when I'm visiting in Canada I can create a Canada account to sell to Canada only as long as I have a psycal Canada address which I do and bills in my name

Just want to be clear that you should not be thinking that Pp Canada is free and easy to work with - it has its own security things so just make sure you work properly :)

GreenBean 04-02-2013 06:08 AM

albert'

Slow down.

You are rushing and then will make the mistakes.

Pay REALLY close attention to rsot about Canada. You need to go slowly.

Do not make ANY account in either USA or Canada without asking the forum about your plan.

Otherwise you will waste your work. You have to learn first and that takes time.
:peace:

albertldee 04-02-2013 07:08 PM

my step was when I go to Canada the next 2 week I will create a eBay account with my Canada address and attach it to my paypal account if ebay need me to verify I can cause I have bills in my name and so on then I was planning on selling clothes in that account my US account I sell Phone and computer Accessories, the ebay Canada account is just for Canada shipping only
it will not be anything high end maybe about 30 item the most

will that be ok

i'm not using a stealt account

just that i'll be boring sitting in the house for 2 months

a.v.limited 04-12-2013 11:04 AM

just start sales slowly and limits get lifted as you get feedback for items that have been sold

rsot 04-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertldee (Post 436654)
my step was when I go to Canada the next 2 week I will create a eBay account with my Canada address and attach it to my paypal account if ebay need me to verify I can cause I have bills in my name and so on then I was planning on selling clothes in that account my US account I sell Phone and computer Accessories, the ebay Canada account is just for Canada shipping only
it will not be anything high end maybe about 30 item the most

will that be ok

i'm not using a stealt account

just that i'll be boring sitting in the house for 2 months

Your pp will be Canada-registered as well? Boredom is never good ha

O.Michaels 04-14-2013 08:03 AM

I'm not sure but I think you should wait a little bit until they raise your limit...

You gotta be patient, they will eventually. It can happen in 5 months time or in 5 years.

And don't contact them... it's useless.

Hope this helps.

rsot 04-14-2013 05:18 PM

More than 1 account is a good way to spread.