How to use a different address on eBay - different approaches - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-14-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Exclamation How to use a different address on eBay - different approaches

Well you just go to google maps and search a address close to your home. Suppose my address is 5410 main street so just choose a address such as 5200 main street. You have to use google maps so when you put in a address close to yours you can tell if it's a house address that already exists or a shopping mall close to your home. Don't choose a house address that already exists.
So now you have a different address to put into eBay. Also use this address for your simon giftaccount.

Now to use your different address to buy you do the following:
Contact seller and tell him/her:
Im taking care of my mother at her home and will not be back to my home until 2 months. Can you please ship it to my mothers house because I really don't want to let this wonderful deal go. Please I really want to buy!!! I will pay right away!!!

Now just email the seller your real home address when you recieve it when you pay him. Do NOT send your home address via the contact button on ebay! This little paragraph works. I've personally used it and have recieved my item to my home with no problem.

Now for selling you do the folowing:
Get a UPS business account. It doesn't cost any money and you don't need a tax id. You can signup for the account over the phone. You simply print out the return labels and put it in each package you ship. The return label will have your address and if the buyer wants to return your item he/she simply has to glue the return label on a box and drop it off at a UPS location. Now you will recieve the return package in 5 business days. You will be charged the return shipping costs and $7 but you will be reimbursed the return shipping costs at the end of your statement period. So intially the charge of a return is $7.

I hope you guys find this useful. God bless you all.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-14-2008 at 11:45 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2008
Banned

This definitely one way to do it.
Old 07-15-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Thanks John, good stuff.
Old 07-15-2008

Longevity: 91%

Personally the way you have said this

Quote:
im taking care of my mother at her home and will not be back to my home until 2 months. Can you please ship it to my mothers house because I really don't want to let this wonderful deal go. Please I really want to buy!!! I will pay right away!!!
To me sounds like a scam, ive had a few message me exactly like this and im so weary of it.

Just simply tell them can you post to your work address as you wont be home to pick up the parcel and never get time to run to post office. Dont beg, sounds scammish.
Old 07-15-2008

John it may work, but it wouldnt work with me (If i was the seller)

No need beg like a scammer is there, when your not?
Old 07-15-2008

Longevity: 96%

Depending on how expensive the item is. If the person pays and then messages me to ship it to their grandmothers house because shes ill and taking care of her and to a completely different name and address i would pretty much tell them to... in a very cordial way.

So what if i ship and i have delivery confirmation. They file a charge back for non receipt and i submit that tracking number i will not be covered. im screwed.
Old 07-15-2008

exactly. No need to beg! Just tell them can they send it to another address or not. You should possibly do this before you buy!
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Always 'safer' to have this worked out BEFORE the transaction is made. No point in proceeding to a sale and taking the chance of failure. Wishy washy words from a buyer would make me feel inclined to block their ID.
hotsassylips (01-30-2011)
Old 07-15-2008

thankyou take some advice for future trannys ok. this is 10 characters u silly pop up thing
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Another way to grab an address is to find a one person retail shop.

Barbershops and shoe repair shops work great for this. Note their address.

-Send them a piece of mail with your name but their address.

-Stop by the day before the mail is delivered. Tell the guy that you just moved from XYZ city and you messed up your change address forms. Say that you live at 1401 xyz st. instead of 4109 xyz st. and could the shop owner please hang on to any mail that comes for you until get it straightened out with the PO. Toke the guy a finn if you have too, Barbers are good for taking tips.

- when you send the letter you want make the guy is not nosy. So place a finn or a ten in with the letter.

- Stop by to pick up your letter the next day. If you get the letter unopened, you now have a anonnymous (sp) PO drop.

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Sniggers. I like THAT!
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Sorry Non US readers. This only works in the USA, the Canadian and UK postal codes are different for each address, in the USA you have zip codes for entire areas.
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

..cynic, one needs to be 'creative'. Basically a good angle regardless of the country.
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yeah I guess you could make it work, Would the UK post deliver on the postal code or the address? It probably would work in OZ, I think Australia uses a zipcode like system.
Old 07-15-2008

lol i would do that to my neighbours, alot easier not a barbers. Wouldnt have the guts.
What about verifiying the phone call? you gonna say to him oooops i messed up my phone number can i just take a call whilst i sort it out?????
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

The phone number is not the issue here. This is about using a different address. The point of the thread is 'How to have a work-around' for a 'different address'. Started by John, it is a thread to determine how to do this.:D
Don't forget the aim is to beat ebay.
Old 07-15-2008

ok im sorry.

But why not use this through a neighbour.
This is alot of hassel. tbh wouldnt he get a bit peed off?
Old 07-15-2008

If your real address has any link to any suspended account it is not wise to use it at all.
I did it early on and it cost me a good account. The buyer sent a message to ebay telling them that I had asked to ship to a different address then what was on the account.
So, if your real addy is link dont use it for anything.
NEVER trust a seller/buyer ( ) to do things right or give them your address of a suspended account.
Old 07-15-2008

ebay-sucks.
I wouldnt think many sellers report. I know some might but. Yeah probably best to get a PO box in that case
Old 07-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Another tack I have used in the past.

--- I will look to rent garage space from a residence. If you peruse the classifieds, every now & then you will find someone willing to rent out their garage for storage space rather cheaply. I go there with several months rent in hand and in addition to renting the space, I explain that my current Condo agreement does not allow for me to run a home a home based business. Because of that, I ask if I can also put up a locking mailbox so I don't have to risk getting Business mail at home in violation of my condo agreement.
----(and of course to save on mailbox fee, if he pursues that line of reasoning), With several months rent, cash in hand they almost always agree to the mailbox.

--Example, the residence where I am renting the garage is 1409 XYZ st., I put a locking box with the number 1409 A XYZ st. next to owner's mail slot or box.

Normally, the agreements to rent a garage are informal and done in cash, I have never had to fill out an application, it is anonnymous(sp) for intents and purposes. Having the cash in hand for several months rent is the key though.
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default I want to buy on ebay with one of my new accts but I'm nervous ,,,,,, help?

I have an item I want to buy w/ one of my new accts, however, the seller requires paypal and well, my pay pal info will be different from the cc info I want to use to buy it. The cc info is associated with a few bad ebay/pp accts.

what do you think I should do?
do u need more info?

(if i could find this item anywhere else on the net, I'd buy it there --but I can't find it)
Old 07-16-2008

go to Prepaid Virtual VISA Cards by EntroPay load a virtual credit card with the amount you need to buy it. Then use that new virtual card through paypal. Job done.