eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Invisible Selling Limit After Registered Country Change (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/59988-invisible-selling-limit-after-registered-country-change.html)

Bangduck 05-14-2013 08:27 AM

Invisible Selling Limit After Registered Country Change

Hi all,

I have a eBay account that is more than 10 years old and it has no selling limits. However, I moved to another country, so I changed the Registered address on eBay to my new address. After I changed the registered address and country, I tried to list an item with 10 quantity. I wasn't able to , and I got the following message:

Attention!

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, there is a limit to the item quantity which a seller can specify in one listing. The categories and types of items that are subject to limits and the quantity allowed may vary.

You have reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This means that while you can list other types of items, you will need to wait 30 days or until your other listings of this type have ended before you can list this item.

Established accounts which demonstrate a history of excellent buyer satisfaction will be automatically subject to higher limits.

Does anybody have any similar experience and have any suggestions on the best way to remove this restriction? On my ebay "Selling" page, it does not show any selling limits at all , so I think my scenario is different from a new seller's.

Would it be a good idea to call eBay? Or to wait , hoping that the restriction will disappear?

Thank you all! :bump:

GreenBean 05-14-2013 08:30 AM

What country was the first registration and how long was it since you listed etc?

Why did you not speak to ebay first about changing address or check on this forum?

:juggle:

Bangduck 05-14-2013 08:36 AM

The account was originally registered in UK. It was a little less than 4 months since I listed.

Thanks !

WinterIsComing 05-14-2013 10:08 AM

I think it's a security measure put in place to prevent people from selling their ebay accounts. If this is not a stealth account, definitely contact them and confirm that it's still you. They should lift the limit.

Bangduck 05-14-2013 10:41 AM

I am kind of afraid of calling eBay... Is there any chance that the limit would be automatically removed by the system after some time or some new feedbacks?

Thanks!

rsot 05-14-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bangduck (Post 449343)
I am kind of afraid of calling eBay... Is there any chance that the limit would be automatically removed by the system after some time or some new feedbacks?

Thanks!

Definitely avoid calling eB - there is a chance...keep selling well and building the account. Make other accounts too

Speeder33 05-14-2013 04:59 PM

if this is a real account then I would call, usually i agree to avoid but if it is your real account and you moved then you should be okay

imjustme 05-15-2013 07:32 AM

That message will go away after about 3 months. I personally wouldn't call eBay.

Bangduck 05-15-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 449624)
That message will go away after about 3 months. I personally wouldn't call eBay.

Thanks for the info, have you personally had this message before ?

Thanks again everyone for the advice!

frozenprince 02-02-2015 08:15 AM

Re: Invisible Selling Limit After Registered Country Change

Hi just pass by your post,
what you facing is a category limit keep selling on low risk item and gaining positive records no negative feedback no open claims and within 3 months the limit should be removed,

May I ask what country you change from? and to?
How is the situation right now?

My advise is never to call eBay on this issue

Bunneh 02-02-2015 08:20 AM

Have you listed in this same category before? or is it the first time?

applebaum 02-02-2015 09:47 AM

Did you try to list less that 10 of the item? I have had this happen before and have been able to list 1 or 2 of the item without any problems.

epimetheus039 02-03-2015 02:29 PM

I always talk to live chat support, which can only be found on ebay.co.uk. Just chat with them and ask for your limits, it could be that your limits were actually not unlimited as this is a glitch sometimes that limits are not visible. I have had this happen on numerous accounts.