eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   USPS/Ebay robbed me as well (different situation) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/60016-usps-ebay-robbed-me-well-different-situation.html)

arpichelago 05-15-2013 01:27 AM

USPS/Ebay robbed me as well (different situation)

So, I'm not asking for advice, just letting people know that this can happen. It happen to me with a FPO/APO address but I kinda think it could happen in other circumstances.

Basically I lost 350$... I got signature confirmation and it got there but the buyer had already opened a case.

Why they ruled the case in his favor? Even though the tracking showed it delivered with signature confirmation, Ebay told me that they couldn't see the actual signature from the buyer. :suspicious: I didn't even know you could do that. I got the impression that they were looking at something pretty similar to the USPS online tracking that everybody has.
I can't remember if the tracking said something weird about the signature, like "pending", but I think it might have, I wish I could remember.
USPS said they'd have it in 60 days which obviously was not useful to me. I lost the receipt which you need to get an insurance claim, you can't just use the tracking number and your ID apparently.

Anyway yeah, I guess this probably only happens with PO/APO/FPO/DPO, but figured I'd share. Not looking for advice here... though I do need another vcc now lol...

Laritha 05-15-2013 02:15 AM

wait... they couldnt see the signature where? when they tracked it online?

slim jim 05-15-2013 06:15 AM

Since when do you need the receipt to file a usps claim? And you state you lost the receipt. Why is it usps fault that you lost it and a buyer opened up a claim?

arpichelago 05-15-2013 07:24 PM

Apparently yes, they wanted to see the actual signature online somehow.

It's the fault of USPS that they couldn't supply this actual signature in time. I uploaded the tracking and it was marked as delivered. Losing the receipt isn't really relevant. It's mostly Ebays fault wanting to see the actual signature or whatever.

rsot 05-16-2013 01:14 PM

You need to push back - Have you gone on the USPS website...often they have the signature electronically available to work on the website. I have seen it before. There should be a way to get that info from USPS and appeal the case.

arpichelago 05-16-2013 06:25 PM

I already appealed the case, and they only gave me 5 days to supply the signature, which they didn't tell me until those 5 days were up. :rolleyes:

GreenBean 05-17-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpichelago (Post 449814)
Apparently yes, they wanted to see the actual signature online somehow.

It's the fault of USPS that they couldn't supply this actual signature in time. I uploaded the tracking and it was marked as delivered. Losing the receipt isn't really relevant. It's mostly Ebays fault wanting to see the actual signature or whatever.

Why should USPS resolve a claim without the supply of a receipt?

The issue lies with YOU as the seller and the sender of the item.

You need to have everything in order to avoid such issues, especially for the future.

Both ebay & USPS are totally inflexible when it comes to claims.

I am so sorry you got stung. To be successful you simply have to have everything together. Dont forget you have the other issue of a buyer too.

I hope things improve soon.
:peace:

GreenBean 05-17-2013 04:03 AM

Don't forget if this has been an insurance claim that got denied, you can file a counter claim.

:juggle:

arpichelago 05-17-2013 04:14 AM

Well, if you pay for labels online with USPS you wouldn't have a receipt... I mean, I paid with my credit card with real name on the return address. IDK why they wouldn't be able to check their records, or I could check my bank statement, its not like I didn't have the tracking number either.

Anyway I don't really care. I was able to work things out another way money wise. :rolleyes: I just need a new account now, I hadn't gotten past the 21 day limit anyway.