NEW Business Seller - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-15-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Thanks: 19
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default NEW Business Seller

hi huys had some advice from you a while back about becoming a business seller.
finally took the plunge and got a accountant etc.

from reading a few posts on here and odviously the origin of the site im a bit worried about my set up.

I have a ebay account for buying and an ebay account for selling i have read the ebay rules and think everything is fine with this i basically buy items off ebay and then re sell them on ebay. as well as cat boot items etc.

what is the main reason for peoples accounts to suddenly get stopped from being able to sell.

i dont sell phakes or vero items and i pay fees on time etc.
is it basically if you get so many negatives or cases against you?
what else should i be very careful with?

I know people will say go stealth but to me it sounds complicated and i dont want to ruin my own personal accounts by logging in to a stealth account etc and getting caught

any help would be great

cheers
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 05-15-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

Ebay closed accounts with no reason in most cases.

I have my original legit account and 100s of stealths.

You need to buy the book and spend a ton of time here reading to learn the methods so you dont link your legit account to others.

Not complicated but does take time to learn.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
learningtogetby (05-19-2013)
  #3  
Old 05-15-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Thanks: 19
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason.
how does that make sense as they lose out on money.

i guess every account is different.

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

They make so much money they dont care about the little seller at all.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
learningtogetby (05-19-2013)
  #5  
Old 05-16-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason how does that make sense as they lose out on money, i guess every account is different but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.
seems strange to me
And what you do is make 5-10 stealth accounts and operate as if each account is different spread the risk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
learningtogetby (05-19-2013)
  #6  
Old 05-16-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason.
how does that make sense as they lose out on money.

i guess every account is different.

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me
Ebay never loses money. for each zapped account another one stays active & makes ebay money.

There are ALWAYS reasons for accounts to be suspended.

The problem is that the suspended seller may never understand the reason.

Work with that in mind from now. Be as good as you can in stealth.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 531
Thanks: 34
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
what i dont understand is if they close legit accounts down for no reason.
how does that make sense as they lose out on money.

i guess every account is different.

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me
hellooooooooooooooo I used to think the same thing.... reading here and seeing accounts killed for "no reason" i was so scared.

but i kept going......... then after reading some threads around this place for a while and then suddenly "no reason" didn't really mean that......

run a clean account, do the best you can, and go full blast, and don't worry about the hammer coming down on you. just go go go go go.

if you get killed... learn why and avoid it.

read why people get killed and don't do that... its not hard.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
learningtogetby (05-19-2013)
  #8  
Old 05-17-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 563
Thanks: 34
Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post

i guess every account is different.

but from reading this site i basically am just waiting for my account to be closed down for no reason.

seems strange to me
You will find a lot of information and tons of experience going through this forum.
Don't look at the information you read as a sign that you will be eventually shut down. Use the information to create longevity for your accounts.
Great tools here to accompany the stealth guide.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2013
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,058 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

When worked properly, a stealth account can last for years if:

Your items are legitimate
You give refunds or replacements when necessary
You answer customer emails promptly
You maintain a professional demeanor
Keep a valid phone number on file
Use tracking on EVERY package sent

If you are not causing problems for eBay/PayPal/Amazon, they will pretty much leave you alone. Rarely do I lose an account, and when it happens, it is usually lost within the first six months. My oldest stealth account is a little over 5 years old.

They see I leave $1k in my PayPal at all times. They see the tracking numbers and have confirmation of delivery. They can read my customer responses and see that I behave as a professional and always try to please the customer. This builds trust.

Of course, any one of us can lose an account at any time regardless of what we do. But, on average, an account will last longer if you are an otherwise legitimate retailer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
golden_monkey (05-17-2013), learningtogetby (05-19-2013), stanislav (05-17-2013), vogeltron (05-21-2013)
  #10  
Old 05-17-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

An ebay account is as good as the method used to operate it.

Hardly matters if it is real or stealth.

Still just an ebay account.

Work within their guidelines, play their game and be like jeffweico said...

Have a long lasting account.

You, as the seller, control your stealth destiny. And if you can not do that, then you are misusing all the benefits of this forum.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
learningtogetby (05-19-2013)
  #11  
Old 05-17-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Ebay only makes money from closing accounts, since many people are unable to withdraw their funds (due to it being a stealth account with no bank account, they just can't comply with all of the document requests, etc). That money is pure profit for ebay. Knowing the risks and having read the guide, you should always have multiple accounts. You can't count on them suddenly becoming a fair company just for you
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 531
Thanks: 34
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default

do as jeff said and sleep easy, he nailed it.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Thanks: 19
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (0)
Default

thanks all some really good responses, i think i would like another selling account but really dont want to compromise my current long standing account. like you say go stealth and spread accounts but easy said than done if you not sure how to start it all off.
but im sure in time and with your help i can eventually get there.

cheers for some great responses guys
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2013
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,058 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
Ebay only makes money from closing accounts, since many people are unable to withdraw their funds (due to it being a stealth account with no bank account, they just can't comply with all of the document requests, etc). That money is pure profit for ebay. Knowing the risks and having read the guide, you should always have multiple accounts. You can't count on them suddenly becoming a fair company just for you
I don't know if this is a new PayPal thing or maybe just a UK thing? I have NEVER had PayPal keep the money after an account was closed. But I don't have a lot of closed accounts.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is PayPal REALLY keeping money now, just like Amazon?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-20-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I don't know if this is a new PayPal thing or maybe just a UK thing? I have NEVER had PayPal keep the money after an account was closed. But I don't have a lot of closed accounts.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is PayPal REALLY keeping money now, just like Amazon?
@jeff'
Since I joined here I can say that I know of 8 cases where paypal held the funds AFTER the 180 days.

It has been some months since I heard of it happening again.

However, I can also say that paypal has taken funds from the limited balance for other sellers. In other words, say the total of funds held was US$1500, final payout was under $1200. No, there were few buyer refunds. Rather paypal imposed penalties.
(If you check their T&S, they state their rights to do this.)

All of this is case specific. I must stress that.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (05-20-2013)
  #16  
Old 05-20-2013
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,058 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

I should have seen that one coming. I remember when they added the "Fines" section to their TOS about a year ago.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-20-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

It is a very rare event when PP holds funds indefinitely - 99%+ the rule is still 180 days...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-20-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 531
Thanks: 34
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default

maybe when they smell fraud and foo foo
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-22-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_monkey View Post
maybe when they smell fraud and foo foo
Fraud like trying to rip off a lot of people...or people calling in and shouting SCAM!

Not so much foo foo only...if you are tied to other accounts OWING, that's another big problem.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-22-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
I know people will say go stealth but to me it sounds complicated and i dont want to ruin my own personal accounts by logging in to a stealth account etc and getting caught

any help would be great

cheers
Its not that hard - the forum has a lot of info and, coupled with the guide, you can be on your way in no time.

Getting caught? Done properly, stealth will never tie you to old banned accounts.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Becoming a Business Seller - what is the catch! rosalind eBay Suspensions 6 11-19-2012 04:34 PM
Business seller just_smile eBay Discussion! 0 10-20-2012 09:17 AM
Becoming a business seller? Superdude eBay Discussion! 9 06-25-2011 07:14 PM
Business seller scrubberbytrade UK eBay Suspensions 11 06-20-2011 12:59 PM
business name for amazon seller rock45 Amazon 2 03-29-2010 09:20 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts