Is it safe to list 1K GC on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-25-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Thanks: 29
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default Is it safe to list 1K GC on eBay

Hi, I have a $1,000 Amazon GC which I need to sell. Is there a maximum limit on GC to be sell on eBay. I searched $1,000 Gift Cards on eBay and I can't find any.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 05-25-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

No maximum on GC amount to list but be careful on selling this high on new account. A huge amount coming to PP can give you problems. Also, buyers can take advantage if you dont ship with tracking and signature,
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #3  
Old 05-25-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarian View Post
Hi, I have a $1,000 Amazon GC which I need to sell. Is there a maximum limit on GC to be sell on eBay. I searched $1,000 Gift Cards on eBay and I can't find any.

Thanks
Be careful of doing this. Make sure you cover yourself fully with tracking, signature and check the buyer out most carefully.

Even consider other methods of payment

:
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #4  
Old 05-25-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

That would scare the heck out of me to list a 1000 gift card when some are saying they get 50.00 subway cards yanked.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #5  
Old 05-25-2013
BigCJ's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,790
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,019 Times in 708 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (6)
Default

I would say that its not ok. Loads of factors.
Age of the account, amounts passed through the account before, holds, etc.

But, if you must?
Do the following:


Have the winner pay for the shipping that has tracking conformation and signature conformation. They are unwilling to pay? Do not ship, do not sell.

Tell them this in the listing: "DUE TO THE HIGH RISK OF POSSIBLE FRAUD, I WILL BE RECORDING THE SERIAL NUMBER AND PIN (if there is a pin) AND IT WILL BE TIED TO THE PERSONS CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESS."

This will weed out a lot of scammers.

If you can, place in the listing that you will ship the card after around 5 business days after payment. This will give you time to start withdrawing the funds from your paypal to the bank in case they wish to scam you. Least you'll get something out of it.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES send the number via email. Too easy to just lose EVERYTHING.

Verify the amount after the auction win, while its in transit and once it is received by the buyer. You can keep this up until you see that the funds are spent.
This might give you ammo in case you need to fight a case.

Good luck...but again, if you can sell locally or spend online yourself...it would be best.
__________________
NEW account verification services! Please Inquire with a PM!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Elijah (06-01-2013), GreenBean (05-25-2013), Pandarian (05-26-2013), Sandy D (05-25-2013), wonderwoman901 (05-28-2013)
  #6  
Old 05-26-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 568
Thanks: 6
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I have looked for some gift cards that say they will hold the funds for 30 days and then they will ship. I think its pretty ridiculous, but you can do whatever. Best bet is to sell it close by you in person. If you gonna do it via pp make sure you dont go crazy if you get a chargeback.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #7  
Old 05-26-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
I have looked for some gift cards that say they will hold the funds for 30 days and then they will ship. I think its pretty ridiculous, but you can do whatever. Best bet is to sell it close by you in person. If you gonna do it via pp make sure you dont go crazy if you get a chargeback.
30 day processing is high but if you tell the buyEr and he or she accepts than that's some protection. Another payment processor is a good choice
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #8  
Old 05-26-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
I have looked for some gift cards that say they will hold the funds for 30 days and then they will ship. I think its pretty ridiculous, but you can do whatever. Best bet is to sell it close by you in person. If you gonna do it via pp make sure you dont go crazy if you get a chargeback.
Based on another thread, the OP lists on ebay USA but is located elsewhere....

Might have problems there.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Pandarian (05-26-2013)
  #9  
Old 05-26-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Thanks: 29
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Based on another thread, the OP lists on ebay USA but is located elsewhere....

Might have problems there.

Absolutely right. I'm not located in USA. However I get this $1,000 GC from USA and its not realistic to get the GC to my country and spend it or sell locally. So I have to sell it. eBay or wherever its possible.

BTW, I have lost $50 in past due to not providing tracking. So I have learn a lesson from that and I will provide tracking in this case.

I will sure spend the money in paypal within 5 days after receiving payment, So even buyer makes a dispute, I will not loss money. But I will loss time which I spend on my eBay & PayPal accounts


Also my eBay has $5,000 monthly selling limit or 100 items per month. For this month currently I have sold 52 items for near $3,300. Account has 100% positive feedback. No holds in PayPal. No spending limit.

Also to be a Power Seller I have fulfilled every requirement except the no. of items sold.

I think this will give more info to my fellow members to give answer to me. Thanks for your time and comments.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarian View Post

I will sure spend the money in paypal within 5 days after receiving payment, So even buyer makes a dispute, I will not loss money. But I will loss time which I spend on my eBay & PayPal accounts


Have you ever withdrawn this kind of money? If not I would suggest several smaller amounts to get it out rather then one large chunk.

Also, how will you ship it if your locations is out of the USA and your account is in the USA. Wouldnt some buyers wonder about this once they received it?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Thanks: 29
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Have you ever withdrawn this kind of money? If not I would suggest several smaller amounts to get it out rather then one large chunk.

Also, how will you ship it if your locations is out of the USA and your account is in the USA. Wouldn't some buyers wonder about this once they received it?
I get my GC from a incentive offering company. It will not shipped to me. It will directly shipped by the company to eBay buyer with tracking & signature requirement.


BTW, I have tried to list the GC @ eBay. Looks like they only allow to list a GC with maximum of $500. However if you put BIN, Reserve or Starting price below $500, eBay will not recognize it when creating the sale. However I'm bit scared with the policy


What are the guidelines?

Allowed
  • Gift cards for a travel agency (For gift cards for travel services like airline tickets, see the guidelines in the Restricted section below.)
  • Paper-based gift certificates
  • Phone cards for minutes (For cards with a dollar amount, see the gift card guidelines in the Restricted section below.)


Restricted
  • Collectible gift cards with no redemption value can be listed, as long as sellers specify in the listing that there's no dollar amount on the card.
  • For stores or companies going through bankruptcy or going out of business, you can list their gift card only if it's still being accepted as a form of payment. If there's an expiration date, be sure to specify it in your listing.
  • Gift cards can be listed as long as you meet all of the following requirements:
  • The card's dollar amount is $500 or less.
  • You have the card in hand at the time you list it.
  • You offer only one gift card per listing.
  • You have only one gift card listing at a time, even if you have more than one eBay account.
  • At our discretion, eBay may approve authorized resellers or direct suppliers to list gift cards without these restrictions.
  • Gift cards for travel services (such as airline tickets, lodging, and so on) have to be listed in the Travel > Other category. For more details, see our travel policy.


Not allowed
  • Gift card codes or electronically delivered gift cards
  • Prepaid credit cards (or money cards) from American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. For details, see our credit and debit cards policy.
  • Store or merchandise credit in the form of a receipt


I think I should not list it in eBay. I should find somewhere else to sell it. Or buy something from Amazon GC and sell it @ eBay. Wonder Amazon ship to different locations when you pay with GC

Last edited by Pandarian; 05-26-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

This is going to be TROUBLE.

This is too much money to risk with a buyer, with ebay or amazon.

Please be careful

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
This is going to be TROUBLE.

This is too much money to risk with a buyer, with ebay or amazon.

Please be careful

Op is trying hard but in the end, too dangerous for dealing with pp. Tracking, insurance, claims - be ready OP
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-28-2013
hapajenn1's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 280
Thanks: 152
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
30 day processing is high but if you tell the buyEr and he or she accepts than that's some protection. Another payment processor is a good choice
for those of you doin a lot of selling , does this method of 30 day processing to have protection as the seller ALSO work for international orders?
i hate shipping international (e.g. europe) because its too expensive to send with tracking. USPS insurance doesn't cover anything (worthless insurance protection). therefore , won't demanding to the buyer that he wait 30 days offer protection when selling (due to the 45 day limit on the Buyer opening a case?)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-29-2013
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,355 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (47)
Default

If it were me I would be researching items on Amazon to re sell on ebay.

I found several things on amazon and asked the seller if they carried and inventory, when they said yes I ended up buying a case lot and got a better price to boot.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-29-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,281
Thanks: 65
Thanked 85 Times in 77 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default

At one time my CC was running a promo with an airliner to get giftcards and get a boat load of points. I bought the max 500$ x4 and sold them on ebay for like 498$ , I guess ebay had good ebay cash promo then.

Anyway I was very picky of who I sold to and did cancel a handful of bidders if they were new or just seemed fishy. I did not have any problems.

Just reember you win some and lose some.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-29-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
for those of you doin a lot of selling , does this method of 30 day processing to have protection as the seller ALSO work for international orders?
i hate shipping international (e.g. europe) because its too expensive to send with tracking. USPS insurance doesn't cover anything (worthless insurance protection). therefore , won't demanding to the buyer that he wait 30 days offer protection when selling (due to the 45 day limit on the Buyer opening a case?)
Why would anyone risk offering 30 days just to sell internationally.

Not wise at all.

Getting too too close for the 45 day dispute time frame.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-01-2013
hapajenn1's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 280
Thanks: 152
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Why would anyone risk offering 30 days just to sell internationally.

Not wise at all.

Getting too too close for the 45 day dispute time frame.

The 30 days gives protection to you as the seller.
45 day dispute time frame, but the 30 day waiting period is sufficient if you consider that the slowest shipping method (e.g. USPS First-Class) would require longer than the additional 15 days after the initial 30 day period.

For instance, you sell a pair of jeans to Italy. The buyer has to wait 30 days. Then you ship the jeans to Italy which takes more than 15 days (therefore the buyer has to receive item after 45 day Dispute time frame). The buyer cannot file a dispute because it wouldn't make sense for the buyer to claim Item Not Received, if theres proof that the shipment would require more than 15 more days......
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-03-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
The 30 days gives protection to you as the seller.
45 day dispute time frame, but the 30 day waiting period is sufficient if you consider that the slowest shipping method (e.g. USPS First-Class) would require longer than the additional 15 days after the initial 30 day period.

For instance, you sell a pair of jeans to Italy. The buyer has to wait 30 days. Then you ship the jeans to Italy which takes more than 15 days (therefore the buyer has to receive item after 45 day Dispute time frame). The buyer cannot file a dispute because it wouldn't make sense for the buyer to claim Item Not Received, if theres proof that the shipment would require more than 15 more days......
Increasing evidence that a buyer can file a dispute at ANY time if he/she decides to put in the time and effort.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-2013
hapajenn1's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 280
Thanks: 152
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Increasing evidence that a buyer can file a dispute at ANY time if he/she decides to put in the time and effort.
i see your point , but the method i'm talking about makes it harder for the buyer to file a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dispute.
let's say you ship from USA to Russia. The buyer already knows that the shipping (regular, not expedited) will take more than the 15 days. So once you (the seller in this case) waits 30 days, the remaining window of time is day 31 to day 45 for the buyer to file dispute.

Although the buyer in Russia can open a dispute from day 31 to day 45, it would still deter a lot of scammers if they are informed that the day is ONLY shipped on day 30. It is still possible for the scam buyer to open dispute on day 45. But, it it is illogical and irrational to do so. The item shipped out day 30, and cannot be delivery complete until after day 45, even if the item was not lost.

Anyways, is there any way for us sellers to protect ourselves in International shipping on EB? I really hate it. I have heard from the grape vine that Click n Ship offers a decent protection for sellers, refund/reimbursement?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-05-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,222
Thanks: 4,615
Thanked 7,103 Times in 6,470 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
Anyways, is there any way for us sellers to protect ourselves in International shipping on EB? I really hate it. I have heard from the grape vine that Click n Ship offers a decent protection for sellers, refund/reimbursement?
Your idea is a good one but really...besides tracking + signature + INSURANCE, there is not protection for international shipping. PP likes to wipe its hand off of international sales and stiff the seller since it's so easy to do e.g. less protection vs chargebacks :(
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe to list now? tryingtofigurethisout eBay Discussion! 5 09-14-2012 07:31 AM
How often and How much is safe to list? Iwuvcurrency Subscriber Discussions 9 10-27-2011 11:11 AM
Safe to list again? brog1330 eBay Discussion! 5 10-25-2011 01:53 PM
When is it safe to list on a new account ctwain Subscriber Discussions 2 02-21-2011 08:52 AM
How many items is safe to list per day? hungt_143 Subscriber Discussions 7 03-19-2008 05:38 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts