list of ebay alternatives.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default list of ebay alternatives....

Hi, i found a list of ebay alternatives, hope this helps some of you....

Amazon
AuctionFire
AuctionQuests
Bid-Alot
Bid4Assets
BiddersNSellers
BidVille
BluJay
BuyItSellIt
ioffer

have fun
=D

Last edited by 2eXclusiive; 07-17-2008 at 06:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Only a few of these are worth the time though. iOffer and Amazon being the only two that have decent traffic.
Old 07-17-2008

Longevity: 94%

Amazon isn't really worth it IMO.
Old 07-17-2008

Longevity: 94%

I make apprx 1500$ each month on amazon, not enough to be my main income but definitely a good way to make more cash!
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

yea, i put them up because i never heard of some of them
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, Aspkins def. right.
I use ioffer and Amazon, Overstock,
I just consider these "gas money"
Old 07-18-2008
Administrator

Gas Money!

Didn't you just buy a couple fuel efficient cars?
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 93%

eCrater also pretty good, work x10 better then Ioffer. IMHO.
Making there 1-2k monthly.
From Ioffer, with same listings ,made 100$ in 3 months.
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 91%

lordik what category you selling on there?
Old 08-14-2008

Default Where Else To Sell Besides Ebay ?

Where Else To Sell Besides Ebay ?
Old 08-14-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

U could try ioffer.com.
Old 08-16-2008
Administrator

Your own website?

Build a store, and send adwords traffic to it, you might be surprised.
Old 08-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You can try Amazon, iOffer. There are plenty of eBay like sites out there.
Old 08-18-2008

UBID is only for businesses am I not correct?
Old 08-18-2008

Not to be negative but building your own webstore is hella hard. You have to submit it to all the search engines and make sure you rank good with certain keywords and have alot of back links. My personal experience, it will take you 1 month to build 30+ visits per day organically. My company's website is 6 months old and now with 40 visits per day with a rank of 1,546,600 and so far only 3 sales. What is ebay like 9. ioffer is 1,500. I don't care too much as its not my personal site but if I had it my way, I'd list on ebay, ioffer, ecrater. Those sites already have the traffic, which is why you pay them a commission.
Old 08-18-2008

Yes my boss is a cheap scape. He got me to do the website. I am a webmaster noob. He doesn't even want to spend $100 per month on google adwords, while I am spending $20 a day for my ioffer listings. (raking it in now) However, I was speaking of growing your site organically, without artificial google ads, etc. It can take a month just for one of your keywords to show up on google.

On another note, I don't realize why I am paying ioffer close to a dollar every time I sell something. As of now, 90% of my buyers come from google, who clicked on my ad and registered on ioffer so they can buy my stuff. (digital download software). They didn't come from ioffer.com. In fact, ioffer did nothing to contribute to my sale except for the landing page. My download server is not even on ioffer, its on e-junkie. I can simply sell my items via google ad linking to e-junkie page, which is free.

That is why I never minded paying ebay for frees. They got me results. iOffer is just a huge landing page index and you make your own ads. Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent.
Old 08-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
411 you need to hire someone who knows what he is doing, or learn how to do it yourself. My sites went from just a few sales a month to a few sales every hour after I used my techniques. And these are not cheap items, I make bank on each sale.

Honestly my techniques are nothing new, it's just that I really know what I am doing and know exactly how to drive not just traffic, but BUYERS to my sites. On one of my sites almost 10% of the people who visit via pay per click - buy! That's oro massif (Mexican slang term for "solid gold.")

SEO is important too, although from my experience pay per click if done PROPERLY is far superior.

EBAY and other auction sites are good, but I sell the exact same items for much more on my own websites than on EBAY. EBAY is full of cheapskates looking for bargains; people who argue with you over a dollar extra charged on shipping. Not my ideal customers, but yes, I do sell there anyway because on EBAY every auction does result in a sale, at least for me.

Not saying to jettison EBAY, just saying to spend the time and money to make your websites work for you as well.
Modee, why don't you write a ebook on your techniques and tricks, it would help alot of us out, id be the first one in line to buy. You can count on that. Also you could limit the number of copies sold so there is no saturation.

Give it a thought.
Your smart. Just another way too cash in, right?
Old 08-25-2008

Longevity: 90%

I have looked at several alternate sites to Ebay, and I agree, right now, none of them appear to have the review/sales of Ebay, but if enough folks have had enough of Ebay, we have to start somewhere. I have looked at Epier which is a personally (real person) owned/operated site that is very similar to Ebay (reduce learning curve). As far as I can tell, that is where the similarities end - there is NO listing fee and a reasonable selling fee. Yes, it does have slow sales, but probably not much different than any of the others. Give it a look and see what you think. For small sellers like me who are set up to sell items from around the house and who only want to take money orders or checks, this appears to me to be a reasonable alternative to ebay who is now making it difficult for such sellers as me to continue on their site. Remember - it will take time for this (and probably any of the other sites) to get more visitors/users/sellers/buyers, but it does present an alternative.

I have NO vested interest in any auction site (including epier). I am just a small buyer/seller who is looking for a reasonable auction site and not wanting to be nickled and dimed to death.
Old 04-17-2009

Longevity: 87%

The only ones I've heard of are:

ecrater (ecrater.com)
ioffer (ioffer.com)
craigs list (craigslist.org)

I wouldn't say amazon is an alternative as much as the above, and I know craigslist is just a digital classifieds but because it's free it's good, ebay today took down one of my listings, and claimed it was not legit (ONLY AFTER I SOLD IT, PAID EBAY FEES, TRANSFERRED PAYPAL MONEY TO BANK ACCOUNT, & SHIPPED ITEM OUT TO THE WINNER), they are very slow on ebay and I know for a fact the item is legit, it's almost as if someone made a personal attack at my listing, is it possible on ebay to alert ebay of an auction and feed them false info resulting in them taking it down for a reason that was made up? Whatever happened it was ebay's fault, because I purchased the item on ebay to begin with and if it was not legit, they are 100% responsible for allowing me to purchase it on ebay when I did, I simply re-sold the exact same item and they throw a bitch fit because I actually made some profit, ebay-paypal is such a monopoly, they know they can push people around because of it, but if you go to a real bank they have no respect for paypal, hopefully the gullible masses that enjoy ebay will wake up and realise their double ebay-paypal fees are too high and they manipulate auctions and remove them for no good reason, we need to use one of these alternatives until it's as powerful as ebay then use another one until there are no more monopolies that's the only way fair prices are reached when there is competition, like cell phone companies, I suppose the government could eventually break the monopoly, the paypal-ebay monopoly alone looks illegal, sounds illegal, feels illegal, it's like shopping at the store and you find out the easiest and best way to shop is by using a currency that was created for the store, it just isn't right, if the government can break up the Microsoft monopoly (which they did), if the government can break up the Telephone company monoply 'Mob Bell' (which they did), then they can and will eventually break up the online auction monopoly (ebay), and ebay, you will be broken, that's a promise, the people have spoken.
Old 04-17-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Ebay is the number one auction site. No other can compare.
Just try to play by ebays and pp rules and you'll be fine. Shipping items fast
and providing good customer support is the main thing. Always be nice to the customers no matter how rude they can be.