eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Back up accounts??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62329-back-up-accounts.html)

unclejohnny 07-21-2013 03:03 PM

Back up accounts???

After reading the a few pages in the book and post on this forum. Is it safe to say that after 3 or 4 years account or after you do a certain amount of transaction that if Ebay or Paypal want more information, you should prepare for another account. Yea there might be situations where they might take you off hold or suspensions, but what happens if they don't.... Might as well have new pictures, names, address, etc on deck just in case you don't have that info to give to them. Thought....

Sandy D 07-21-2013 03:06 PM

Prepare for far more then one account as you never know when something will happen.

Have as many as you can handle growing now for the future.

If you start now with new accounts they will be prime for Christmas selling season.

Many here have a stack of back up and working accounts. If you lose those two accounts say in November you wont have anything to go to. I suggest you have 5-10 accounts up and running at least for now growing in case you need them. Wait until Dec then you have to deal with the pp holds, limits etc.

Always have some building for later!

JamesNorth101 07-21-2013 03:42 PM

For each account I run as a business, I have at least 2 or 3 back up accounts that are just building up history. Means if one goes down I can then spread some sales onto other main accounts onto back up accounts. More the merrier as far as I am concerned.

unclejohnny 07-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 469410)
Prepare for far more then one account as you never know when something will happen.

Have as many as you can handle growing now for the future.

If you start now with new accounts they will be prime for Christmas selling season.

Many here have a stack of back up and working accounts. If you lose those two accounts say in November you wont have anything to go to. I suggest you have 5-10 accounts up and running at least for now growing in case you need them. Wait until Dec then you have to deal with the pp holds, limits etc.

Always have some building for later!

I am but a few reads on the book & a tax id and I be ready. Well it sounds like from around here most people started with out a tax id :rolleyes: hmmmm.....

Furious George 07-21-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 469454)
I am but a few reads on the book & a tax id and I be ready. Well it sounds like from around here most people started with out a tax id :rolleyes: hmmmm.....

You should start without a tax ID because you won't really need it unless they ask for it, and they're not going to ask for it if you're under the reporting thresholds (or under pace to get there)

Of course, they might ask for one in case of a limitation.... but it's better to see if you're going to get limited quickly - IMO

Sandy D 07-22-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 469454)

LOL

I have 100s of sellers and buyers account and have only been asked for tax ID on one single account. My real one.

I have not been asked on my other accounts at all so do not provide anything to them unless they ask.

Spread sales over as many accounts as you can.

rsot 07-22-2013 10:38 AM

It is possible - as Sandy D has alluded - to operate without EVERY providing tax ID let alone real/personal ID

unclejohnny 07-22-2013 03:45 PM

Well looks like I need to stop playing games and get started

AuctionsDenied 07-22-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 469733)

Figure out what what your selling threshold is going to be. Based on information given to you through this thread, that will give you a baseline of how many accts to get going.

Figure this out into your plan and you are on your way.

john456 07-22-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 469508)
LOL

I have 100s of sellers and buyers account and have only been asked for tax ID on one single account. My real one.

I have not been asked on my other accounts at all so do not provide anything to them unless they ask.

Spread sales over as many accounts as you can.

Wow.

I am working on going epic scale with ebay stealth.

How many active accounts do you have so i can set myself a goal?

J.

unclejohnny 07-23-2013 03:16 PM

Well unfortunately some of these wholesale warehouses I talk to say I need a tax id and/or a reseller certificate.....sigh. Which I'm not in a rush to get it done but I do need to start the process

Sandy D 07-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 469840)
Wow.

I am working on going epic scale with ebay stealth.

How many active accounts do you have so i can set myself a goal?

J.

Well into the 100's of my own personal accounts.

Sandy D 07-23-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 470112)
Well unfortunately some of these wholesale warehouses I talk to say I need a tax id and/or a reseller certificate.....sigh. Which I'm not in a rush to get it done but I do need to start the process

That is easy. You can get a vendors license locally usually at your courthouse.

An0nym0u$ 07-23-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 470112)

It takes about 10-15 minutes (maybe less) online to fill out the IRS form to obtain a free tax id. You will get verified online and can print out the form for proof.

Just make sure its not your stealth info when filling out the form :brick:

Hettie 07-23-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 470120)
Well into the 100's of my own personal accounts.

Wow - how do you keep track?:eek:

MM78 07-23-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hettie (Post 470139)
Wow - how do you keep track?:eek:

Most call it...being organized!

Hettie 07-23-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 470142)
Most call it...being organized!

Sounds like my kitchen - NOT!!

unclejohnny 07-23-2013 04:11 PM

As someone sig say "Research is the key" or something close to that. When you think your done, you really not. Therefore I have a long night. ......

aerodesigns_wai 07-23-2013 11:27 PM

Is rotating the items sold in the accounts a good idea? Say I have 5 accounts and I rotate them quarterly so if any negative feedbacks come up the accounts will have a year to allow the negatives to vanish.

rsot 07-24-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 469733)

x5 - get 5 stealth accounts going and keep accounts slowly building - spread the load.

Dmshark25 07-24-2013 12:34 AM

I'm trying to get to 100 accounts and more. You can never have enough accounts and I keep learning and your able to see how ebay and Paypal operate with a variety of accounts so more accounts makes me a better seller besides just having backups, and I always rotate them keeping them active, I feel unless u have activity you may get random increases but at least for me I have to always earn the Paypal hold being lifted

GreenBean 07-24-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejohnny (Post 470154)
As someone sig say "Research is the key" or something close to that. When you think your done, you really not. Therefore I have a long night. ......

Takes longer than a night.

Sit down and work out what your expectations are.

Work out how much time you have and how much work you will do to achieve it.

Do not go willy nilly into making accounts. Rather work out how to have a portfolio of them that you can control and use as money makers.

Go over the forum, go over the stealth book several more times.

See what stands out to you as being ideal for a future in stealth.

Plan, work accordingly.

Good Luck

:pop2: