eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Changing to Business account to increase selling limit (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62341-changing-business-account-increase-selling-limit.html)

jasonbkk 07-21-2013 09:18 PM

Changing to Business account to increase selling limit

Currently running a stealth acc with 25 limit per month.

When I try to Request higher selling allowances, ebay asks me to change my account into a business acc.

What problems would I run into if I did change to a business acc?

Would ebay ask for ID and utility bill?

On my other stealth acc I went upto 100 selling limit just by confirming my address with ebay posting me a letter with a four digit code, strange how different accounts vary.

JamesNorth101 07-22-2013 05:19 AM

Just sell to your limits each month and the increase will come. All about patients.

GreenBean 07-22-2013 08:52 AM

If this is for ebay UK, you may get asked about your business plan etc.

Keep that in mind.

Options could be spreading the stealth accounts out more.

:typing:

rsot 07-22-2013 11:18 AM

With eB, anything is possible - that's the inherent problem - if your account is looked at and considered risky, you might have to prove with documentation.

Best to spread sales over other stealths as GB recommended. Don't force all on one account

Karakolio 01-02-2014 06:22 AM

Re: Changing to Business account to increase selling limit

I have the same issue, and I talked to a customer rep who told me that currently my selling activity ressembles to a business. In other words, I am not following exactly the stealth technique in the book, selling various low risk items. Whether this is a correct strategy or not, each to their own...

In the past I changed one old account to business and it lifted my limits. I also remember I had to send a business plan, supplier info, an explanation why I have a rise in sales recently, of course ID and utility bills as well. Also, we had several phone calls. I can't remember if they have asked for any other documentation, I think that was all.

rsot 01-02-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karakolio (Post 515673)
I am not following exactly the stealth technique in the book, selling various low risk items. Whether this is a correct strategy or not, each to their own...

Discuss what you are doing differently?

Selling various low risk items is good...

Karakolio 01-02-2014 02:58 PM

The thing is that I normally sell high-risk items, and I don't want to start off with low risk, as it seems if I am trying to "fool" the system into giving me higher limits, imo it looks a bit dodgy. If I plan on selling electronics in the long-term, I will start with electronics, not with socks.

JamesNorth101 01-02-2014 06:53 PM

Selling high risk items off the bat is a good way to get an account restricted.

Best method really is to start off with small low value second hand household items.

Tried and tested method many times over and leads to the strongest long term accounts.

Pasicel 01-02-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karakolio (Post 515792)
The thing is that I normally sell high-risk items, and I don't want to start off with low risk, as it seems if I am trying to "fool" the system into giving me higher limits, imo it looks a bit dodgy. If I plan on selling electronics in the long-term, I will start with electronics, not with socks.

You need to understand that's kind of the point - to play the system and avoid being double looked at by the devil ( eBay reps ).

You build trust via small items = Feedback / 5 Stars