eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Negative Feedback - Crazy (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62358-negative-feedback-crazy.html)

mrbills10 07-22-2013 10:14 AM

Negative Feedback - Crazy

So I got my first negative feedback yesterday....

BUT

The feedback said "Great Buy"...I tried contacted the buyer, but havent heard back and I opened up a report a buyer case, but I feel like I am spinning my wheels...

I am just hoping that future buyers will read the feedback and scratch their heads also...

The buyer had some feedback but not a lot..maybe a mistake but it probably cost me 100% feedback

Thoughts

Steve

JamesNorth101 07-22-2013 10:25 AM

The best thing to do is to try to contact the buyer again. I have had this happen to me.

eBay generally wont do anything (because they are just that useful) but if you want to risk it you can talk to eBay. This will bring attention to your account though.

mrbills10 07-22-2013 10:58 AM

thats what i was thinking...really dont feel like calling ebay and bring attention to the account

JamesNorth101 07-22-2013 11:15 AM

Then just have to continue to contact the buyer (ring them if you would like) and try to get them to change the feedback. Bare in mind you can only request a certain number of feedback revisions per year though, so use it wisely.

Dmshark25 07-22-2013 11:51 AM

Yea just send s feedback revision it seems like a mistake here so I think u have a great chance of getting chanced to positives , seems like buyers intentions

An0nym0u$ 07-22-2013 12:05 PM

You can try using the "Report a buyer" link they now have for sellers. I doubt it will do anything, but worth a shot.

Your best bet is what Dmshark25, suggested which is the feedback revision process. With that, you have a limited time before buyer can accept (I think 10 days?), so you might want to first send a friendly email to the buyer as a 'heads up'.

Definitely DO NOT CALL eb on this one. Like you said, the less attention on your account, the better. It might suck to get the neg, it will suck alot more to get the account closed ;-)

rsot 07-22-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbills10 (Post 469606)
Thoughts

Steve

You get a negative feedback - not the end of the world - up your sales and get more positive feedbacks. You reported the buyer - move on. Not worth breaking your head over

mrbills10 07-22-2013 03:49 PM

Thanks for all the kind words...it just sucks being the first negative in over 1 year...

I also did do the report the buyer option...but i doubt that will do anything...

I will probably send another email asking why he left negative feeback just to see if I can get a response...

Once again, i think the people that see the feedback that was left, will also wonder why negative feedback was left...

Dmshark25 07-22-2013 08:07 PM

Feedback revision works great especially with your case where it seems like a simple mistake. So I think it's worth the try, I hate negs, all accounts 100% knock on wood

Sausage 07-22-2013 10:15 PM

Don't send the feedback revision unless the buyer agrees as you could waste the revision one someone who doesn't log on to ebay very often, they only have (I think) 7 days before the revision expires. Contact the buyer, send emails to his paypal, via ebay and phone him - request his information, if its a mistake he'll change it.

Furious George 07-22-2013 10:22 PM

CS will remove this.... it's conflicting information. It's a great feedback left as a negative. Clearly a mistake and any rep with ebay will fix it. Just report it.

john456 07-22-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious George (Post 469831)
CS will remove this.... it's conflicting information. It's a great feedback left as a negative. Clearly a mistake and any rep with ebay will fix it. Just report it.

I agree. Ebay has been helpful in these cases. Best bet is to email their customer support.

They may not remove the feedback but will take that into account. I have had negative feedback disappear when a former buyer got his account banned for leaving too much negative feedback to all transactions.

Ebay knows about crooked buyers, nasty competitors acting as ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyers, etc.

Also i agree with the comment about ensuring that buyer agrees with changing feedback before sending the request.
J.

nyc 07-23-2013 04:57 AM

You can call ebay and get the feedback removed if everything is legitimate. A buyer left negative feedback the other day because a case was opened automatically after two days on a item. I contacted the buyer few times and got no response so I decided to take the initiative and call ebay and less than a few minutes they removed it. Only make the call if it's legitimate.

rsot 07-23-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbills10 (Post 469736)
Thanks for all the kind words...it just sucks being the first negative in over 1 year...

I also did do the report the buyer option...but i doubt that will do anything...

I will probably send another email asking why he left negative feeback just to see if I can get a response...

Once again, i think the people that see the feedback that was left, will also wonder why negative feedback was left...

Dont keep pushing - some buyers get pissed off and report you - what`s done is likely done.

GreenBean 07-23-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbills10 (Post 469736)

Do not apporach the buyer in that way.

Be careful about an email if the buyer has not responded previously.

Consider other options
:peace: