eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New sort of limitation? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62415-new-sort-limitation.html)

Hajdut 07-23-2013 03:16 PM

New sort of limitation?

Hey guys! I am using ebay stealth from almost an year now, it is awsome. No serious problems so far. But i came across a listing limitation i have never experienced before:

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.

You may be able to list this item in 23 days.

Click here for live help.

Because i have received this beautiful massage in 3 accounts for the last 3 weeks. I have listed at least 20 new items in all of them... They all have the 100 items & $5000 limit.

Pleace, do you have any idea how to check how many listing i could do in this particular cathegory?

So after 23 days how many listing could i do?

Thank you very much for your answers in advance.

An0nym0u$ 07-23-2013 03:25 PM

Are you selling large quantities of name brand item? If it's a high end product, then that's my first guess of why you got that message.

I suggest alternating the product you sell and stay under the radar. DO NOT CALL to increase your selling limit, as that would create unwanted review of your account. Instead, let the bots increase it naturally over time.

Dmshark25 07-23-2013 03:28 PM

This is a category limitation placed on all accounts nothing new , each account has different limitation for different items, just do a search in ebay for category limitations

Hajdut 07-23-2013 03:46 PM

Thanks guys!

And what will happen afer 23 days? Would i be able to make only one listing or what they mean by "period of 30 consecutive days" is that they will reset my account limits for the next 30 days?

An0nym0u$ 07-23-2013 04:07 PM

As Dmshark25 correctly noted, it is a category limit. It will reset after the 23 days have passed. It is just like the overall selling limit that gets reset after 30 days.

GreenBean 07-24-2013 12:03 AM

Be careful of repeatedly listing the item.

If you are getting flagged, ebay has concerns with the account.

Proceed carefully.

:juggle:

rsot 07-24-2013 12:13 AM

Make more backup accounts and spread sales across - dont force it all on one account

Dont try to circumvent the category restriction - if you are caught on the account, you will be suspended due to eB policy compliance.

Sandy D 07-24-2013 12:52 AM

This is why I spread sales over many accounts when I have multiples of the same thing to list.

I do not want to raise flags to any account so I spread those items across many accounts. Different pictures, description, price etc.

JamesNorth101 07-24-2013 05:07 AM

If you wish to sell more of the item that you have a category limitation on, create more stealths. Simple solution.

After time category limits can be raised or removed.

From eBay - Reasons for category limits

'You registered your account less than 90 days ago
You haven't sold multiple items in this category before
You haven't sold in this category in over a year
You have had eBay Buyer Protection cases opened for more than 3% of your total transactions in the last year

Once you've been a seller for more than 90 days, confirmed your personal information, have sold multiple items in the category you want to list in, and have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and following our rules and policies, these specific category limits will be removed. Other limits may still apply. Since these specific category limits are automatically removed, you don't need to do anything else.'

a.v.limited 07-24-2013 12:18 PM

this normally happens for branded goods

rsot 07-25-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.v.limited (Post 470468)
this normally happens for branded goods

Has to do a lot with the category where authenticity can be questioned. Certain categories are just geared like that