eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Problem trying to send a refund (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62501-problem-trying-send-refund.html)

keithy72 07-25-2013 05:42 PM

Problem trying to send a refund

Hi all!

I have got a problem buyer...A long story short he is not happy with it and wants to return... Ok That's not a problem, he opened up a case through ebay and is insisting on me sending him a refund straight away before he send the item.

I told him no as this is not normal practice, I will wait till I receive it back, anyway I gave in, cant be bothered with the hastle and I want to try to prevent me getting my first negative feedback too.

However I cant work out how to issue the refund, I know it sounds weird and I'm probably missing something so simple but when I go into paypal, the funds are held and I don't have the option to send the refund.

This guy is now thinking Im trying to pull a fast one, Ive told him to close the case and it will release the funds then I can send the refund but he is not having it.

One thing I did notice is when I go into the case it does say that sending him a message is "buyers preference" rather than his preference being in the "issue a refund" part, so is it possible that because of this it is stopping me being able to send the refund?

sorry for the long message but really scratching my head over this one....
Thanks in advance for any help!
Keith :)

Dmshark25 07-25-2013 07:44 PM

In the case opened their should be a couple options one issue refund and accept return

Bunneh 07-25-2013 08:02 PM

As far as i can recall, you wont be able to issue a refund while the case is open as your funds are being 'held' for the transaction. So he would need to return it first, ebay will also tell you that he needs to return the item in order to get a refund.

I also WOULD expect a negative rating from this buyer as they are being impossible.
I cannot see you getting a positive result from this. Dont be bullied.

Can you not just initiate the return from the case? then he will have 7- 10 days to return it with tracking, else the case will close in your favor.
My guess is if you refund him before he returns it, you will most like lose both.

You need to look after yourself. If he was a honest buyer he would do this the proper way.
Just as you would if you went to the supermarket. They would want the item back first before giving you your money back.

JamesNorth101 07-26-2013 03:23 AM

You can issue the refund though the eBay case itself. When you respond to the case it is one of the 4 (could be 3) options available. No need to go into PayPal for this.

It sounds as though he may well leave a neg anyway, so I would at least try to get my stock back

jeffweico 07-26-2013 03:39 AM

When a case is opened eBay places a hold on the PayPal transaction. So the refund must be issued through the Resolution Center on eBay. It is the last option at the bottom of the case screen.

I would issue the refund as the case will automatically close. I HATE having open cases.

Bunneh 07-26-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 471106)
When a case is opened eBay places a hold on the PayPal transaction. So the refund must be issued through the Resolution Center on eBay. It is the last option at the bottom of the case screen.

I would issue the refund as the case will automatically close. I HATE having open cases.

I agree, but he should get the stock back first (depending on the value) as buyer might be trying to get both!
Either way this is a negative rating waiting to happen :s

rsot 07-26-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 471114)
I agree, but he should get the stock back first (depending on the value) as buyer might be trying to get both!
Either way this is a negative rating waiting to happen :s

No 2 ways about it - the buyer is trying to push for a refund and trying to keep the item. Agree on the rating - it`s a rough situation OP.

OP, your approach with the eB claim is to agree for the return of product for refund. Be aware that the buyer might try and return crap-in-a-box or something else than the item.

keithy72 07-26-2013 07:24 AM

Thanks for all your help with this.

The value is only £11 which is why I am not too fussed, I would rather he keep it and me lose the money than get a negative, however I think I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be getting a neg.

I still have not been able to give him the refund though which is very strange, I went into the send a refund option on the case page on ebay on the 21st, it says you've agreed to issue a full refund, please issue the refund through paypal when the item is delivered. When I go into paypal it is just held funds, and still no option to send the refund.

He thinks Im at it and will not close the case because he does not trust me to send the refund. I honestly think that it wont let me refund is because he has me sending a message as the buyers preference instead of selecting his preference as wanting a refund...

Anyway, I have sent paypal an email asking for help with it, so hopefully get an answer from them soon.

Once again thanks for your answers everyone, hope you are all well and making lots of pennies!!! :)

rsot 07-26-2013 08:30 AM

You are breaking your head too hard for 11 quid...seriously. I know you want to win and sort out this situation but...it is a lot of effort for this amount

GreenBean 07-26-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithy72 (Post 471159)
Thanks for all your help with this.

The value is only £11 which is why I am not too fussed, I would rather he keep it and me lose the money than get a negative, however I think I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be getting a neg.

Not a nice place to be.

See what paypal do.... hopefully they will resolve the issue.

Then you can move forwards.

Good Luck

:peace: