eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Odd duck buyer... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62693-odd-duck-buyer.html)

toml3030 07-30-2013 04:36 PM

Odd duck buyer...

so the buyer wins a $250 auction and sends me an email to caller at this number in los angeles, i call no one answers

next day the buyer says she's in Tacoma, Washington and gives me a tacoma number, i call no one answers

next day the buyer says she's in San Franciso, and gives me a SF number, i call no one answers

next day she says she's still in SF but gives me her los angeles number again and she says to call. i call she answers and it turns out that she hasn't even made up her mind whether she wants the item or not and wants me to go call her back on Tuesday so we can talk about it some more.

I decide i want no more of this bullcrap and just put in for order cancellation. She refuses to cancel the transaction and writes me about 5 messages telling me to call her in her los angeles number, but she gives a different los angeles number.

her purchase history says she's bought similar items to what I'm selling going back at least 12 months so I don't think this is a hijacked account.

BigCJ 07-30-2013 04:43 PM

Record all of her phone numbers, issue her a refund and block her account/address. Report the buyer and relist. If she leaves a negative, let ebay know.

She sounds like a load of trouble.

Id wait for others to chime in.

GreenBean 07-30-2013 04:46 PM

By now you have spent your profit on dealing with this buyer

Agree with cjmixers :yar:

Record the info block etc etc

Time waster

:argue:

toml3030 07-30-2013 04:49 PM

she hasn't even paid me....:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 472556)
Record all of her phone numbers, issue her a refund and block her account/address. Report the buyer and relist. If she leaves a negative, let ebay know.

She sounds like a load of trouble.

Id wait for others to chime in.

she keeps writing she would love to pay me if I would just call her again.

GreenBean 07-30-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toml3030 (Post 472560)

If she had that much love for you, she would get her act together and be accessible

:deadhorse:

Dmshark25 07-30-2013 04:52 PM

That's insane, open up a case and I think if they don't pay in 4 days you can close the case and a strike goes against the buyer and you can put them on your blocked list.

I only did this one time , with a crazy buyer who I felt if they had purchased the item , I'd somehow lose the item my money and get a neg.

So like u I first tried to cancel they refused , than waited 3-4 days no word from the buyer so i opened the case than was able to close and get fees back.

First message the buyer and tell them that they need to communicate through ebay and they need to make up there mind and give them a time frame ( within so many days) the calling all over is crazy

And don't forget add buyer to block list to save u from future sales

GreenBean 07-30-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toml3030 (Post 472560)

What type of listing was it,auction?

What settings do you have about payment etc

:spy:

toml3030 07-30-2013 05:07 PM

I actually called ebay to ask how to deal with this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 472562)

So like u I first tried to cancel they refused , than waited 3-4 days no word from the buyer so i opened the case than was able to close and get fees back.

And don't forget add buyer to block list to save u from future sales

and that's what they told me to do.

I'm afraid to do that because if i have her money then she can create all sorts of problems further down the road.

I'm considering just eating the $25 FVF and killfiling her.

toml3030 07-30-2013 05:08 PM

auction, paypal or credit card only

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 472563)
What type of listing was it,auction?

What settings do you have about payment etc

:spy:

already have a 2nd chance buyer lined up who wants the item

BigCJ 07-30-2013 05:39 PM

That's not an issue.
Just refund the money. It will show in the transaction history.

Give the reason why for ebay to see and tell them that the buyer has not payed, its been over the time frame to pay, and open a case against her.

Do not give her the option to 'think' about canceling anything.

Furious George 07-30-2013 06:29 PM

This has scam written all over it.

Block her. Cancel the transaction.

Bunneh 07-30-2013 06:46 PM

Geez but this buyer really seems to make you want to beg for the money.

Block her & open a case!

I would not send it even if she did pay, because when she receives it i am sure she will be finding something wrong with it to.
So if she pays, just refund her. .

lyl797 07-31-2013 12:51 AM

Truly one of the kind ....

AuctionsDenied 07-31-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toml3030 (Post 472553)
so the buyer wins a $250 auction and sends me an email to caller at this number in los angeles, i call no one answers

next day the buyer says she's in Tacoma, Washington and gives me a tacoma number, i call no one answers

next day the buyer says she's in San Franciso, and gives me a SF number, i call no one answers

next day she says she's still in SF but gives me her los angeles number again and she says to call. i call she answers and it turns out that she hasn't even made up her mind whether she wants the item or not and wants me to go call her back on Tuesday so we can talk about it some more.

I decide i want no more of this bullcrap and just put in for order cancellation. She refuses to cancel the transaction and writes me about 5 messages telling me to call her in her los angeles number, but she gives a different los angeles number.

her purchase history says she's bought similar items to what I'm selling going back at least 12 months so I don't think this is a hijacked account.

Sound like someone was trying to test their tracfones...........

Seriously, Just file the case wait the time and you will be done with it.

bigboddie 08-01-2013 12:49 AM

Open unpaid item case cut and paste all the headers of the messages she sent you along with the numbers in the details of the case escalate your case and you'll win 100%. Also block the dipstick asap.

joesshooze 08-01-2013 01:28 PM

INSANE it is! Isn't calling the buyer outside ebay transaction & frowned upon? I won't call once. I am not about to give a buyer my phone number.

bigboddie 08-01-2013 01:34 PM

There's another thing to use in your favor, report the buyer to ebay for trying to force you to complete the sale outside ebay, that should get them banned.

acreech41311 08-02-2013 02:06 PM

that is utter nonsense , there is no viable reason someone would need you to call them repeatedly, or even once for that matter in order for them to pay you for an item they bid on and won.

If I were a betting woman I would say she wants you to call her so that she can give you some sob story about how she cant pay as much as she bid and will want you to take less for it, or shes gonna try to arrange payment through a cashiers check/money order or some other method that I probably wouldn't trust.

The only reason to request contact through the phone is so that there is no record of it for ebay to look at when things go south, and Im betting they will. I'd wash my hands of this.

toml3030 08-02-2013 03:40 PM

I'm trying...she refuses to cancel transaction

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreech41311 (Post 473463)
The only reason to request contact through the phone is so that there is no record of it for ebay to look at when things go south, and Im betting they will. I'd wash my hands of this.

It looks like I'm going to eat the $25 loss since I don't even want her to pay so she can leave negs on my acct.

GreenBean 08-02-2013 05:47 PM

She refuses to cancel???????????????? FFS.

You have spent too much time on this.

By now you should have filed the unpaid strike and ended the matter.

ALL of these carryings on should have been reported to ebay.

Buyer is harassing you and you are letting them.

Stop NOW

:boink:

joesshooze 08-02-2013 06:10 PM

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read here.

bigboddie 08-02-2013 07:44 PM

Does seem kinda loopy on the op's part for not opening an unpaid item case on this.