eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay date of birth problem (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/63329-ebay-date-birth-problem.html)

Keithlan1978 08-15-2013 12:08 PM

eBay date of birth problem

I opened an ebay account months ago and have never used it but now i'm opening a paypal account to go with my ebay account but i have a problem

When i set the ebay account up i had all the details in my laptop and also written down in a notepad but i'm now using a new laptop as my my old one had to have everything removed off it due to a virus

The problem i have is on the notepad i have all the details written down on i don't have any date of birth, Now i don't know if i've made a mistake and forgot to write it down or if i wasn't asked for it when signing up but i'm pretty sure paypal will ask for it when i sign up and i don't want to put a different date of birth in to the one on ebay

Is there any way to find out the date of birth i used on ebay or find out if i've even put a date of birth into ebay as i cant believe i would of missed off writing it in my notepad?

Thanks guys

An0nym0u$ 08-15-2013 12:40 PM

As far as I am aware, the DOB you entered in ebay is encrypted and it is not retrievable by any methods within your ebay account (I doubt you can find it by browsing anywhere in your Account tab).

This is done on purpose because it is considered part of the security of your own account.

Even if you call up ebay, this is one of the first questions they will ask you to verify you are the person authorized to use the account.

MM78 08-15-2013 12:44 PM

@OP,
Consider saving your data on a FlashDrive and or online service.

rsot 08-15-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithlan1978 (Post 477481)
I opened an ebay account months ago and have never used it ....

If you cant get the DOB - might be best to let it go... not hard to make replacement.

Or make the pp - set your new dob and go from there - see what happens...I dont have many reports of members having problems with DOB even though always recommend all info to match between eB and pp.

So - again, safest move is to redo from scratch.

Ebayorbust 08-15-2013 01:17 PM

If you opened a UK ebay account in the last 6 months you would not have given a date of birth at sign up.

I can say this with 100% confidence.

Only paypal asks for dob. They ask for it at signup and then again when you try to lift the receiving limit.

Keithlan1978 08-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 477509)
If you opened a UK ebay account in the last 6 months you would not have given a date of birth at sign up.

I can say this with 100% confidence.

Only paypal asks for dob. They ask for it at signup and then again when you try to lift the receiving limit.

I opened the account in November last year I didn't realise it was that far back,So you reckon I won't of been asked for date of birth when I signed up?

I'm sure I'd of had it wrote down if I'd been asked it as I have every other detail including security question and answer

Keithlan1978 08-15-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 477504)
If you cant get the DOB - might be best to let it go... not hard to make replacement.

Or make the pp - set your new dob and go from there - see what happens...I dont have many reports of members having problems with DOB even though always recommend all info to match between eB and pp.

So - again, safest move is to redo from scratch.

I could let it go but it would be a shame as its 9 months old and I'm certain if I was asked a DOB I'd have it written down

A few years back before i knew about stealth accounts I had an eBay account in my name and a paypal account in my girlfriends name I don't even think the addresses matched and it was never limited for that reason

Ebayorbust 08-15-2013 11:27 PM

I'm still fairly certain you didnt give the dob to ebay.

I said the last six month as I have been creating large amounts of accounts during this time. I'd say its a safe bet to assume that dob hasnt been given.

GreenBean 08-15-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithlan1978 (Post 477620)
I opened the account in November last year I didn't realise it was that far back,So you reckon I won't of been asked for date of birth when I signed up?

I'm sure I'd of had it wrote down if I'd been asked it as I have every other detail including security question and answer

Changed happened late October. Made a note on my files at the time.

Ways exist around any potential issues.

:heh:

Keithlan1978 08-16-2013 09:07 AM

Thanks everyone I'll set the paypal up an see what happens,I'll be setting up more accounts anyway so long term I'll be ok