Google Base - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-24-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

So you're selling The Crown Jewels or Fort Knox then?

Let's see...2 auctions a week, one bar at a time. You could be in business for the next 962 years (give or take a year).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So you're selling The Crown Jewels or Fort Knox then?

Let's see...2 auctions a week, one bar at a time. You could be in business for the next 962 years (give or take a year).
I guess closer to crown jewels, but you probably would never guess.
Old 07-24-2007

I wonder if it would be possible to use google base (not just google search)A for ebay auctions, or any other auction site for that matter, or even something like an Auctiva store. Since I'm still working on a new website to host my content, I've been hosting my content at other places. And I think it might lend a little credence if there was some reputable site backing up the listings. Plus it might help bring some traffic back later for return customers and make the overall Google Base listing itself run more smoothly not to use the Google Base as the host. Not to mention, you wouldn't have to recreate the listing all over again...hmm. Anyone ever try this? Would it work?
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you can't use adwords for ebay, considering the rift between google and ebay right now. Although money talks so who knows...

George, thanks for confirming my suspicions that adwords aren't all that effective. What types of items did you say you were selling (in a general sense) ?

Maybe the problem stems from not really understanding Google Base. If anyone knows where to find a complete users guide (not the google base forum--it's terrible) please let me know. I'd LIKE to give them another shot, but driving blind is never a good feeling.

Who said adwords wasn't effective? I get a gang of sales from an adwords campaign~ However said that, isn't doing something right or don't have a product that people want.
Old 07-24-2007

Yes but how much money do you spend to get the result you want? I don't have the time nor the dollar revenue to keep throwing money into a hole that only yields a few flowers a year. Or something like that. I suppose it depends on what you sell. Not everything is going to be effective for all people at all times on all levels.

It also doesn't help that I still have all sorts of hiccups any time I try to list something in google base, and they don't have much in the way of a tutorial. I don't have three hours to spend on a single listing damnit! Just today, *somehow* I've managed to take the bottom half of the listing, column the listing off, and pop the bottom into the second column. Need trick, but I have no flipping idea how it happened, how to fix it, or how to repeat it. I ended up going back into html mode, selecting all, erasing and starting all over. Grr.
Old 07-24-2007

By the way, if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about, please post a fix for this problem. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, imagine your listing suddenly turning into a thin string of words for the description, about 3 words wide, going all the way down the page until it gets to another section--terms of sale for instance-- at which point it goes all the way back to the top again in a second column. And continues down the page just like the last column. It's kind of interesting to look at, and I might use it at some point if I could only figure out how it happened in the first place, but I don't want it right now.

I get a lot of this in GB. The description window is already pretty thin, and I haven't figured out a way to turn it to normal view yet. That would help I think. So listings end up looking lop-sided and unprofessional looking, try as I might. Even with its limitations, I still find the ebay lister easier to use.
Old 07-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Google adwords and Google base are totally different programs. Adwords is awesome if you use is wisely. Base in my opinion is a waste of time.
Old 07-24-2007

Would you be able to use adwords to promote another site similar to ebay, Aspkin? I already have a ton of product listed there. What I need is advertisement and traffic there.

P.S. Does what I described sound in the least bit familiar? Maybe you had this problem when just starting out listing? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the boundaries of the html "board" or lack of a better word. It seems you can stretch and shrink them as you need to. I just haven't figure out how, unless you count stumbling into it.
Old 10-07-2007

Resurrecting an old thread that I found through YES the search tool!

Has anyone used base to list in Euro or GBP currency? Is traffic any better?
Old 10-26-2007
Executive [VIP]

I love you guys..lol, this whole marketing thing is interesting, its cool to have a place to come and chop it up with people who think alike.