eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer Refusing package, and I never get it back (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/63773-buyer-refusing-package-i-never-get-back.html)

corleone 08-24-2013 08:30 PM

Buyer Refusing package, and I never get it back

I thought I had encountered everything, but this is a new one. Tracking shows package refused and it's just disappeared off the face of the earth. It's been 2 weeks now.

Buyer claims the address was a business which can't accept packages on Saturdays. I think it sounds weird, but anyway's.

I did a quick search and saw that ebay buyer protection is void if a package is refused, anyone with experience with this?

rsot 08-26-2013 12:22 PM

Was it shipped in the USA corleone? Refusals in the country can take as long as 30-45 days to return - call up USPS to get it back ASAP....

corleone 08-26-2013 01:45 PM

Yep, shipped within the country.

I'm just curious as to what ebay buyer protection will do about this. From what I've read, refusals, void buyer protection.

If it takes 30-45 days, their appeal rights will be up.

Normally I just refund on issues like this, but it was a valuable package.

yotano211 08-26-2013 01:58 PM

Their appeals can last longer than that. I am just going through one that is 59 days old on ebay right now.

zoneout 08-29-2013 12:30 AM

I can vouch for the slow returns on a refused package. Just had 2 last month. It took both about a month to get back to me and both were 1000 miles away. If it has to go coast to coast I imagine its gonna be closer to the 45 days. Oh and they don't scan on the way back so it looks like they drop off the face of the earth.

Z

GreenBean 08-29-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 480317)
I thought I had encountered everything, but this is a new one. Tracking shows package refused and it's just disappeared off the face of the earth. It's been 2 weeks now.

Buyer claims the address was a business which can't accept packages on Saturdays. I think it sounds weird, but anyway's.

I did a quick search and saw that ebay buyer protection is void if a package is refused, anyone with experience with this?

Parcel is in orbit after that delivery was not able to happen.

USPS will take a while to get any info to give you any sort of guidance.

Presumably the post man will have something written down.

Is this a true refusal as in the addressee saying I decline to accept the parcel or is this as a result of action from the employee. 'I could not deliver item X because I had no access to the address'. If it is the latter, was anything done about redirection?

Check where you stand there, Don Coreleone.
There is a subtle difference.
:mod:

zoneout 08-29-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 481276)
Parcel is in orbit after that delivery was not able to happen.

USPS will take a while to get any info to give you any sort of guidance.

Presumably the post man will have something written down.

Is this a true refusal as in the addressee saying I decline to accept the parcel or is this as a result of action from the employee. 'I could not deliver item X because I had no access to the address'. If it is the latter, was anything done about redirection?

Check where you stand there, Don Coreleone.
There is a subtle difference.
:mod:

Correct. For a true refusal the tracking will say REFUSED. On the latter, if they could gain access and no one was was around it will say NOTICE LEFT. If they don't have access it gets tricky. I have had cases where it says DELIVERED but it was left with a neighbor. Other times it will say ATTEMPT REDELIVERY.

rsot 08-30-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 481474)
I have had cases where it says DELIVERED but it was left with a neighbor.

That is too dangerous with regards to potential for claims

zoneout 08-31-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 481622)
That is too dangerous with regards to potential for claims

True. However, fortunately for me I happen to put signature request on that one and we were able to figure out which neighbor signed for it.