eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How much am I pushing it with my listings on new ebay acct? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/63847-how-much-am-i-pushing-my-listings-new-ebay-acct.html)

nodeal 08-26-2013 11:35 PM

How much am I pushing it with my listings on new ebay acct?

Okay so I got 2 brand new stealth accounts going recently, and being as though time REALLY is money for me right now, I needed to get them going ASAP. Therefore, I had to skip a few recommended precautions for new ebay stealth accounts, and I just wanted to know how risky I am being.

So these two accounts, I gave them some browsing history, watched some listings, and saved some sellers.

I did this for 2 days, left the accounts on the third day, and on the fourth day I made my first auction listing on each account. Is auction better than Buy it Now for new accounts? Any advantage to either at this stage of the game?

Unfortunately I do believe ebay considers what I am listing high risk, especially because they are name-brand and not generic and there are a LOT of phakes of them on ebay. However, these are non-VeRo items I am putting on my listings. 100% authentic! Is there anyway I can minimize the suspicion ebay will have towards my listings? These are high quality, authentic items that I want to give at a good price to start building feedback. Unfortunately people are selling the phake ones, and I'm afraid ebay may see the same item on a new account and flag it even if it is indeed authentic.

I know it's recommended to wait for the first sale, then list your next item, but I really need to get things cranking. How bad is it if I go for a second auction item on each account? Also considering my items may be considered "high risk"??

Also, how much money is considered "too much" on a new account to receive for a sale? The items I plan on using to baby my stealth accounts range in value from $20 - $80. Are these safe dollar amounts if I have 1-2 active listings at a time?

I'm sorry guys, I'm just really trying to find the specifics here, especially as it pertains to my situation. The items I have to sell are wonderful, 100% authentic items that I am in a good position to sell for great prices to start boosting the feedback. I am just afraid ebay will turn a suspecting eye towards me to early in the game.

Thank you! You guys are awesome!

Dmshark25 08-27-2013 12:01 AM

When selling name branded items you can get suspended whether u are an authorized dealer or not, I would not worry about others that are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and what not. Focus on your account .

I have a group of accounts that are all selling name branded items and they are going into their 9th month. The important thing is that u need to worry about your own business

Your products need to be great and your customer service needs to exceed all customers expectations.

Besides having a quality product I believe shipping is the most important , sometimes I make 2-3 trips to the PO a day , I like to do same shipping if possible and if not the item is out the next day and I offer free shipping on most of my listings.

One of my strong points which is reflected on all my accounts feedback is the great customer service and fast shipping , I ship all priority shipping so the item usually arrives in 2 days.

You also need to spread your sales out , make many accounts, if your only selling 10-15 items a month on an account rather than 100 you will stay under ebay and your competitors radar .

I Also find buyers are more easy on you if it looks like your just a small account selling 10 items a month, if you have a big account and your selling 100s than buyers are more critical

Hercules 08-27-2013 12:02 AM

You have to just dive in slowly. There is no set way. Different items get handled in different ways...competition, thieves, vero...you just have to try things and loose before you win.

Plus if I knew how to sell with ease why would I tell you or anyone?

AuctionsDenied 08-27-2013 12:11 AM

OP, I completely agree with @DMshark.

He has a lot of valid points.

If you need to get going, then you need to get more accounts going. If you try to push to hard on your 1, maybe two accounts, you may be back where you started.

Also depending on how competitive your niche is, you have to worry about competition trying to rattle you. Besides the obvious of Big brother watching.

JamesNorth101 08-27-2013 06:13 AM

I would start of selling generic low risk items to build up an account, and not move into selling branded good until at least 50 or 60 feedback and the account is at least 3 or 4 months old, although this is still pushing it a bit

In the longer run however, it leads to a much safer stronger account

GreenBean 08-27-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 480738)
Okay so I got 2 brand new stealth accounts going recently, and being as though time REALLY is money for me right now, I needed to get them going ASAP. Therefore, I had to skip a few recommended precautions for new ebay stealth accounts, and I just wanted to know how risky I am being.

You made your first error right there by skipping a few recommended precautions.

I say this because having no accounts to sell on will leave you without money. (So you defeated your own plan). I do not say this lightly but to try to get you tounderstand why there are recommendations made to use stealth accounts.

Follow the plan, and have long term accounts. What on earth could be better than that? Only having more than one ebay account doing well. LOL.

Do not think I do not understand the desires to rush. I know for sure that deviating from the stealth plan has only ever made issues for me.
Avoid that yourself.

Your item price is rather high for brand new accounts.

Do you think in your own mind that ebay/paypal will recognise your account as reliable & safe? If you do not think that, then guess what? Neither will they.

Go slowly now. Go properly. Pay attention to the advice from everyone. Slow and steady wins the race.

Good Luck

:mod:

joesshooze 08-27-2013 07:58 AM

Most everything here is good advice. Just know that it is all a crapshoot too. Nobody here is going to cosign your activity and tell you it will be ok. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. Eb & PP are so not predictable other than the obvious. I have been where you are but patience and research is paramount. Good luck.

rsot 08-27-2013 09:30 AM

@OP, name-branded and high risk items can't really be PUSHED with a new account - but if you have the experimentation skills, that's really your choice to go for it. Watch out for competition and other takedown procedures. Act wisely - ship well, watch your PP balance (dont let rate get high)...lots to learn.

All the best.

unclejohnny 08-27-2013 10:57 AM

Yea, I know, you want that money fast but, you need to go slow. Probably 1 brand name item a month. Are these items in your position? If so you can by pass time by selling on Craigslist while your account build. Also the money is not going to come that quickly. You have to earn the buyers trust first. Depending on what you are selling, folks are not just going to buy 2 items off a brand new account

nodeal 08-27-2013 11:35 AM

Okay, patience patience patience. I understand. How for can I bring these accounts by the holiday season?

I am going to start up new stealth accounts while I experiment with less-than-perfect practices on these new accounts. If anything noteworthy happens on these accounts, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Nikez87 08-28-2013 10:09 AM

Slow and steady wins the race.

Jack 08-29-2013 10:47 PM

Also start opening more accounts. Lets say you only want to run 5-6 accounts, make sure you have 5+ aging, and getting ready for anything that might happen.

You can also grow your business this way. Once you have 5+ accounts aging start using 6 accounts (spreading the sales out), then 7 , and as your using these accounts make sure you have accounts aging!

Hope that helps somewhat!

rsot 08-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 480862)
Okay, patience patience patience. I understand. How for can I bring these accounts by the holiday season?

I am going to start up new stealth accounts while I experiment with less-than-perfect practices on these new accounts. If anything noteworthy happens on these accounts, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Avoid going gung ho on big sales off the bat.