Using your new stealth account changing paypal address on listings red flag?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Using your new stealth account changing paypal address on listings red flag??

This has me confused, curious about stealth accounts, but wouldn't it be a red flag if you have one account linked to ebay, and you start changing the paypal address in the listings??

Or should I change the linked account to ebay with my new paypal?? Seems like both are red flags.

Since ebay owns paypal, whats the point??, if you get banned or suspended, they will know any paypal account linked to the ebay account will be suspect. It seems like you need to have stealth ebay and paypal accounts, all at the same time??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Not sure where your going with this or exactly what your asking...but just a real account, all accounts should match. So, the Ebay account info should match the paypal.
Old 08-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Let me give you an example, I have an ebay account, or store, I have a few partners, we each have our own paypal account, is it a problem if we share the ebay store? By sharing we each list our own products for sale with our own paypal address in the listing.

So for example we will have 100 items for sale, some listings have one paypal address in the listing, some will have another.

We essentially will take turns selling in the store. Each will also get their own 1099, from paypal so each one handles their taxes individually.

Its incredibly confusing, I have actually asked paypal about this, they claim as long as all the accounts have separate info, we do all separate bank accounts etc. its ok, but I'm not so sure.

Another example, I have no time to devote to the ebay store year round, so after about 6 months my partner will take over and use his own paypal account. We each share the store for about 6 months.

Last edited by pstallone; 08-29-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

It seems like it would be asking for trouble.

I would just 1 PayPal, withdraw the money to a business bank account, and then divide it if you all want to share a store.

It would overall be better if you each had your own eBay account however.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstallone View Post
Its incredibly confusing, I have actually asked paypal about this, they claim as long as all the accounts have separate info, we do all separate bank accounts etc. its ok, but I'm not so sure.

paypal claim they are a wonderful company.

They prove too often they are not.

If you have that advice in writing, then you may have some chance.

Grey area of operating in this manner.

Could you afford to lose the account because of limitation?

Think carefully here.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You dont change the paypal address in the listings - you register the account to stealth addresses and stick with them. Operate each account separately
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You dont change the paypal address in the listings - you register the account to stealth addresses and stick with them. Operate each account separately

Im not sure what you mean. I have one account, one email address for the listings, you say I should have several addresses for that one paypal and same email address??
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
It seems like it would be asking for trouble.

I would just 1 PayPal, withdraw the money to a business bank account, and then divide it if you all want to share a store.

It would overall be better if you each had your own eBay account however.
The problem is that a new ebay account takes a long time for the listings to rank. It took a year for the current store to actually become profitable, thats why my friends are interested, otherwise we would just each have our own ebay account.
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:

If I create stealth addresses at some point paypal will ask for my SS or EIN and if the addresses don't match, my account will get punished I assume.
Old 08-30-2013

Longevity: 64%

OP you stand the chance of loosing everything if you are limited. Here I was taught to spread things out over a few accts. So if 1 acct. is lost not everything is lost. It's not worth it for what you are trying to accomplish.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If I create stealth addresses at some point paypal will ask for my SS or EIN and if the addresses don't match, my account will get punished I assume.
Your not seeing the bigger picture, If you can't embrace the Stealth Way then you can't really move forward.
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Your not seeing the bigger picture, If you can't embrace the Stealth Way then you can't really move forward.
What is the bigger picture, please explain.

It seems I need to create multiple ebay accounts with the stealth paypal accounts. the problem is new ebay accounts takes months to start selling, so its like starting over, whats the point? Unless I am banned and forced to do so.

I would like to use the ebay account which is highly ranked!
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Im not sure what you mean. I have one account, one email address for the listings, you say I should have several addresses for that one paypal and same email address??
No - you are doing it well - 1 account, 1 email, all info should match between pp and eB. Dont mix up the accounts.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What is the bigger picture, please explain.

It seems I need to create multiple ebay accounts with the stealth paypal accounts. the problem is new ebay accounts takes months to start selling, so its like starting over, whats the point? Unless I am banned and forced to do so.
Many people on this forum have started their stealths from 10/$1,000 to extremely high selling limits, If your not banned yet...creating a few NOW and working them won't kill you....It will only help you, by the time you know it, you will be working with some solid accounts.

Stealth isn't just for those who have been banned, it's for anyone who KNOWS that Ebay/PP can ban you whenever they want, like too.

Quote:
I would like to use the ebay account which is highly ranked!
Ah Yes, the I want my cake and eat it too syndrome, good luck with that.

Here's a question to think about:
Lets say your banned within a year, what are you going to do? are you going to start making new ebay/pp accounts in family, friends info to make new ones?

If you would of had a few accounts by the time you get banned you would of had some solid accounts up and running.
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No - you are doing it well - 1 account, 1 email, all info should match between pp and eB. Dont mix up the accounts.
The question still is how do I let my partners sell on my ebay account, without an issue? We don't want to merge our funds, each person has his own paypal account, and would like to add it to his listings

As above, listing example. 90 listings 30 to mikes paypal, 30 to my paypal, 30 to Joes paypal etc.
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Many people on this forum have started their stealths from 10/$1,000 to extremely high selling limits, If your not banned yet...creating a few NOW and working them won't kill you....It will only help you, by the time you know it, you will be working with some solid accounts.

Stealth isn't just for those who have been banned, it's for anyone who KNOWS that Ebay/PP can ban you whenever they want, like too.

Ah Yes, the I want my cake and eat it too syndrome, good luck with that.

Here's a question to think about:
Lets say your banned within a year, what are you going to do? are you going to start making new ebay/pp accounts in family, friends info to make new ones?

If you would of had a few accounts by the time you get banned you would of had some solid accounts up and running.
What I dont get is how a stealth account lasts for more than a few months, as soon as you come close to 20,000 paypal needs real info on your account SS tax ID, sometimes asking for detailed address info and bank account info.

I have read many posters, who are in a panic when paypal actually tries to verify a stealth account. I do understand the basics, separate IP, eliminate flash cookies separate bank accounts etc. At some point paypal will want to verify who you are.

Last edited by pstallone; 08-30-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What I dont get is how a stealth account lasts for more than a few months
Simple...You take how much you want to sell and divide that by the amount of accounts you may need. Say you need to sell $80,000 worth in a year, Most will suggest not to sell up too the $20k, some may say only sell up too $15k. So lets say $15k, take your $80k divide it by $15k = 5.33 round up too 6.
There are people like Sandy who run OVER 100 accounts at a time! running 6 is a piece of cake.

Quote:
as soon as you come close to 20,000 paypal needs real info on your account SS tax ID, sometimes asking for detailed address info and bank account info.
This is why you read around the forum, many have given methods that work.
Nothing is impossible, where there is a will, there is a way.

Honestly, you really don't seem to be ready for stealth, you keep fighting it! lol. You have to learn to embrace it, accept it.
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Simple...You take how much you want to sell and divide that by the amount of accounts you may need. Say you need to sell $80,000 worth in a year, Most will suggest not to sell up too the $20k, some may say only sell up too $15k. So lets say $15k, take your $80k divide it by $15k = 5.33 round up too 6.
There are people like Sandy who run OVER 100 accounts at a time! running 6 is a piece of cake.

This is why you read around the forum, many have given methods that work.
Nothing is impossible, where there is a will, there is a way.

Honestly, you really don't seem to be ready for stealth, you keep fighting it! lol. You have to learn to embrace it, accept it.
I do accept it, just don't understand how it works, i have a tendency to over think things.

Say I want to run 6 accounts? I need 6 separate bank accounts, six separate credit cards etc. The biggest problem I see is the ebay accounts, a small ebay account get swallowed up in ebay. So if I create 6 ebay accounts from scratch and only sell $1000 in each per month, the power sellers will crush me. I sell in a competitive category it took a long time for it to be profitable.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I do accept it, just don't understand how it works, i have a tendency to over think things.

Say I want to run 6 accounts? I need 6 separate bank accounts, six separate credit cards etc.
For 6 accounts, Yes you would need 6 bank accounts, 6 Gift Cards OR 6 VCC's.
Banks
There are over 10-15 different banks that work with Stealth and most allow for multiple accounts to be opened.

Credit Cards
You have 2 options:
1. VCC (Virtual Credit Card) which can be purchased on the forum.
2. Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards (Vanilla Visa are the best so far)

Quote:
The biggest problem I see is the ebay accounts, a small ebay account get swallowed up in ebay. So if I create 6 ebay accounts from scratch and only sell $1000 in each per month, the power sellers will crush me.
I don't know what you sell...and you don't have to disclose it but I presume you sell items that are extremely competitive. Hopefully others with more knowledge in this area can chime in.

But the main idea is to create some accounts...even if they are just for backup, making these accounts isn't going to break the bank nor will they hinder you...if anything they may come in handy 1 day.

By the time I finish writing this...forum members have already made several new accounts!
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Banks
There are over 10-15 different banks that work with Stealth and most allow for multiple accounts to be opened.

Credit Cards
You have 2 options:
1. VCC (Virtual Credit Card) which can be purchased on the forum.
2. Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards (Vanilla Visa are the best so far)

I don't know what you sell...and you don't have to disclose it but I presume you sell items that are extremely competitive. Hopefully others with more knowledge in this area can chime in.

But the main idea is to create some accounts...even if they are just for backup, making these accounts isn't going to break the bank nor will they hinder you...if anything they may come in handy 1 day.

By the time I finish writing this...forum members have already made several new accounts!
The problem is with the ebay accounts, I can open multiple separate paypal, different IP, remove flash cookies, separate bank accounts etc.

Creating separate ebay accounts is easy, the problem is several small ebay accounts don't get the traffic I need. and now you have to list items on 6 ebay accounts, restarting my router each time, to change the IP address.

Ebay is also pounding the hell out of small sellers lately!

Last edited by pstallone; 08-30-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The problem is with the ebay accounts, I can open multiple separate paypal, different IP, remove flash cookies, separate bank accounts etc.

Creating separate ebay accounts is easy, the problem is several small ebay accounts don't get the traffic I need. and now you have to list items on 6 ebay accounts, restarting my router each time, to change the IP address.

Ebay is also pounding the hell out of small sellers lately!
All I can say is, If you wait until something bad happens before you go stealth....it will take you longer to get to where you need to be. The sad part is that Ebay/PP are unpredictable...like an Earthquake!
Old 08-30-2013
Threadstarter  

i know and thank you, its hard to base a business around such an erratic platform.