eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Pre 07 accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/64048-pre-07-accounts.html)

agent-x 08-31-2013 02:49 PM

Pre 07 accounts

Hi Guys

Manages to get a 2007 account from a friend.

She said she doesnt really needed it so gave me log in details.

It only has 18 feedback. She sold one item last month and when I logged in I saw that a few weeks ago she had a limit increase.

I was wondering why is it that people are more attracted to the pre 07 accounts?

corleone 08-31-2013 03:56 PM

Because they can add alternative payment methods without having to accept paypal.

The problem has become the fact that ebay has brainwashed all buyers into thinking that paypal is the only safe way to pay. If you don't accept paypal they assume you're a scammer or dishonest.

rsot 08-31-2013 06:41 PM

Exactly as corleone stated.

Now OP - VERY important to keep in mind...just because the account is pre-07, dont think for a SPLIT second that your account is stronger or immune to the problems we discuss everyday.

Operate it linkfree.

GreenBean 08-31-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent-x (Post 481893)
Hi Guys

It only has 18 feedback. She sold one item last month and when I logged in I saw that a few weeks ago she had a limit increase.

I was wondering why is it that people are more attracted to the pre 07 accounts?

Used be they were considered grandfathered accounts. However if the account has not a lot of selling history, ebay may sometimes not give any favourable treatment to it based on age alone.

As rsot said be careful of how you operate with this.

Good Luck

:mod:

agent-x 09-01-2013 12:53 AM

Thanks

Ill try and treat this like my little baby.

Ill use it as a legitimate account register it under a family/friends name and build it up slowly.

Would it be best to sell 99p items and through in one or two expensive items?

GreenBean 09-01-2013 01:14 AM

Avoid changing info like this.

Leave your friends out of the matter as well.

Wait some time before making changes.

Will the IP change if you use it? And if so, have you a valid phone number attached to the account?

There are certain things needed to be done to maintain this account.

You must ensure you know this.

:mod:

agent-x 09-01-2013 01:19 AM

At the moment the account details are still under my friends name who gave me the account.

I changed my IP address when I logged in. I'm sure ive read on the forum that you can register a mobile number to ebay so I can do that. it wont be a problem

unkown5454 09-01-2013 01:20 AM

Changing all the information...good luck with losing your friends account. I don't think you are at all ready for what you are attempting to do.

agent-x 09-01-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 481972)
Changing all the information...good luck with losing your friends account. I don't think you are at all ready for what you are attempting to do.

:confused:

Could you please elaborate?

The reason why I was going to change everything was because I've seen accounts for sale and they say they'll change all details to the new owner so I thought it would be safe to do so?

I've not done anything as yet. I'm still trying to get my head around stealth paypal account.

GreenBean 09-01-2013 02:16 AM

@agent-x

Not the suggested method ever.

We prefer to avoid making many changes in case the account is flagged.

Thus we are stressing to be very careful.

:peace:

agent-x 09-01-2013 02:21 AM

Will leave all details as is and only change email address.

Ill have to ask her to pass on any parcels I buy.

That would be the best option right?

Thanks for your help thus far and not only users but everyone else's

vogeltron 09-02-2013 04:19 AM

Older accounts always look better to eBay. Especially if you have some selling history. Most of the pre 08-09 accounts with selling history have no limits on US accounts.

Either way you go you still have to go through the initial stages to get accounts going. You can't just get an 07 account with no selling history and list like crazy. All subject to the same rules.

corleone 09-02-2013 11:31 AM

Honestly, unless your friend plans on never selling again on ebay, I would just ditch the account, otherwise you'll have a pissed off friend one day.

It's so easy and cheap to create accounts, I would just start aging a few accounts and get them ready to sell.

New accounts can be just as effective as 6 year old accounts. Buyers don't care how old your account is as long as there's a couple feedback most of them are fine purchasing from you.

Ebay also doesn't care how old your account is. Once you get past selling your first few items, your account could be 3 months old or 3 years old, ebay doesn't discriminate in shutting down accounts based on age.

rsot 09-02-2013 12:41 PM

corleone makes a good point OP.

PP/eb doesnt like the changing of registration info on any account in general - it`s a huge flag.

You could be ok with using new unused address but playing with your friend`s info could have problems if he/she decides to take action

vogeltron 09-02-2013 10:08 PM

Yea, if you change the info its one of those things where you have to do it months in advance of selling again. You have to change the info and then buy a couple things just kinda let it sit for a while. If you change the info then start trying to sell it is a big flag like rsot alluded to.

I agree with corleone though. Not worth having a pissed off friend.