Accidentally went to ebay site on my stealth account with my legit IP. Arrhhh - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Accidentally went to ebay site on my stealth account with my legit IP. Arrhhh

My first stealth too. Just went to the ebay site. It was already logged in. But when I clicked on a link, it asked for my pw. I was like what? Checked the ip, and I was like crap, it was the one I used before. Panicked a little bit. I guess I have to change my legit IP to something else, while I go with the relatively Static IP assigned to my first stealth. That way, I hope, Ebay will think that my legit IP was probably released and it went somewhere else for the time being while. I didn't log back to my legit account after I realized what I did.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Accidentally went to ebay site on my stealth account with my legit IP. Arrhhh

it is not great....but follow the steps you mentioned and you are most likely to be ok....I mean I have done it and so have alot of members here, particularly at the beginning...it is not the biggest deal hopefully....
Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Accidentally went to ebay site on my stealth account with my legit IP. Arrhhh

Not the end of the world as a one off, just make sure not to repeat it.
Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Mostly as a one off there is no issue.

That said, time for the boring but essential habits to be in place.

As a matter of critical importance, run IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! before doing anything on eBay.

Make good use of aspkin's skills there

Always make sure you are using the right account details.

Why did you touch your real account?

Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Did not intentionally use my real account. On my stealth only computer I have a main user account there that is not supposed to touch ebay whatsoever. I use that to login to the router to change my ip. After I change my ip to the appropriate account, I switch users to that account. This time, I was half asleep waking up, and didn't realize I did not change my ip address.

Didn't log in to the stealth account when I realized Ebay asked for my password. That was a red flag right away. Then went to IPBurger and saw my legit account's ip on there.

I normally go back to a main ip where my legit account stays. I only go to stealth when I need to check something. This is supposed to keep me disciplined. I don't even really remember my screen name or pw on my stealth accounts. Just use the excel sheets that makes sure I don't inadvertently login. But this time, I was just half asleep.

Now, I'm just going to release the ip of my main home address and get a new ip address as my main ip. That way, hopefully, Ebay would think that my original legit ip was released, and the stealth, which is supposed to be someone else, somehow got it temporarily, and it was just a one time thing.

Geez, I can't believe how disciplined you have to be. LOL.
Old 09-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1 time is unlikely to cause problems - do NOT repeat.

Of COURSE you have to be disciplined - stealth is NO JOKE! It works - when it fails, it is usually because of error on the creator side...tons of people use it...look at posts of Sandy D - 100s of accounts! That`s discipline, yo!
Old 09-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

You weren't logged in. It just prefills that info from the cookies. That is why I think you are safe for now. Had you actually logged in then kiss the account goodbye.

Might I suggest a trip to Starbucks before your next stealth session.
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
You weren't logged in. It just prefills that info from the cookies. That is why I think you are safe for now. Had you actually logged in then kiss the account goodbye.

I hope so. Since visited the stealth account's eBay site with my legit account, I have not gone to eBay with that same IP. Right now I changed main IP to another IP and logged into eBay there with my legit account. Hopefully eBay will think that my original legit ip was released and given to my stealth temporarily. I mean, I did put the same city for both accts.
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

But don't log on to the account from IP in Starbucks...please
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Didn't log in to the stealth account when I realized Ebay asked for my password. That was a red flag right away. Then went to IPBurger and saw my legit account's ip on there.
As long as you didn't put in the password and log in, then I don't see a problem here.

When you log into any webpage, your IP + account details are contained witin the TCP header. This is sent to ebay's server and the server responds back to display the webpage (typically MY Ebay landing page).

Locally, on your PC, your browser will also store your account details in cache memory. This is why there is pre-loaded information (and since IP was not consistent, it is why you were then prompted to put in a password).

Because you never logged in & never send the request to ebay with your account + IP details, ebay cannot correlate your account & IP together.

As others have posted, one time would not cause too much suspicion. Keep repeating this, however, and you will be linked.
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
As long as you didn't put in the password and log in, then I don't see a problem here.

When you log into any webpage, your IP + account details are contained witin the TCP header. This is sent to ebay's server and the server responds back to display the webpage (typically MY Ebay landing page).

Locally, on your PC, your browser will also store your account details in cache memory. This is why there is pre-loaded information (and since IP was not consistent, it is why you were then prompted to put in a password).

Because you never logged in & never send the request to ebay with your account + IP details, ebay cannot correlate your account & IP together.

As others have posted, one time would not cause too much suspicion. Keep repeating this, however, and you will be linked.
I just posted aced the mc999 call in. Had YOUR thread up while I was answering the questions. LOL.
Old 09-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post

A trip to just drink bad coffee at Starbucks is nice.

Then going back home to do stealth correctly is best.

Using your account(s) at these types of places has the potential for danger.

Old 09-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I just posted aced the mc999 call in. Had YOUR thread up while I was answering the questions. LOL.
Ah the coincidence of it all you arent the first to be doing that hah I can bet
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 57%

Ive never worried about what ip address im on. Ive been logged in to my real and stealth accounts at the same time on the same ip. Ive sold from my old address on a old computer. Nothing has happened
Old 05-13-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraps View Post
Ive never worried about what ip address im on. Ive been logged in to my real and stealth accounts at the same time on the same ip. Ive sold from my old address on a old computer. Nothing has happened
Firstly this thread is 3 years old. Also buddy from your recent posts, including this one, I get the feeling your in for a real treat soon. Hint: when ebay comes down on users, they come down like a tonne of bricks.
Old 05-14-2016

Longevity: 81%

sometimes it does log the mistake, sometimes it doesnt,
once i went through all 4 of my accounts without changing the IP.
but they were OK.

also if your Static IP was changed after you originally got banned itll just register as a random ip anyway.
unless you have an old router that doesnt change your IP when its reset/turned off?

thanks
Old 05-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraps View Post
Not the best idea for LONGTERM operations - good thread search though
Old 05-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I've done that before with IP mix and match all ok until one of the accts gets into (enough) trouble. Then EB presses the memory button a little harder or deeper. They start sending messages about 'we see you are associated with this acct name or that acct name bla bla bla. If you have been very bad they will message 'buy but not sell' to the past linked accts. It's been years since I've lost an acct so it my have changed or I know how to cool accts properly.
Old 05-14-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post

The login is what will kill the account. That is why i NEVER check the "keep me logged in" option on the MY Ebay page.