eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling branded items (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/64528-selling-branded-items.html)

Mike6453 09-11-2013 10:23 AM

Selling branded items

Just wondering if people sell branded products? Obviously the last thing I want to be selling is vero items, but im finding it hard to find a non branded product to sell that generates a decent profit. From what I’ve gathered by this forum, selling branded products is a big no, but I’m not sure if that only applies to the bigger well established brands. I’ve found a few less well branded items in the health and beauty category and what I’ve been doing is adding say 20 or so of the same item to my watch list. The product should always be in my watch list unless its been taken down by ebay, even if the auction has ended, it will still be in the watch list under the ended tab. Surely if no items have left my watch list then its a low risk item and is ok to sell? I guess I could always create a stealth account to guinea pig this idea...

JamesNorth101 09-11-2013 01:42 PM

Re: Selling branded items

I would not base my business on what other people can and cannot sell.

Plenty of non brand name products sell, and sell well. Just have to do the reasearch

rsot 09-11-2013 01:52 PM

Agree with JamesNorth but also, if you have the time, might as well guinea pig a bit - if you can stand a bit of frustration (hope not but prepare for it as you experiment what works)

jeffweico 09-11-2013 01:54 PM

Not every brand name is difficult to sell. It depends upon the rights owner. Some VERO members only remove listings when they believe an item is counterfeit. With others, they basically want proof the item is authentic first. And with some others, they don't want their products on eBay at all. Those last ones abuse the DMCA to take down all listings for their items.

If you found a product that you feel is safe to sell, then try it. Just be prepared to fax eBay invoices if they - or the VERO member - ask you for that information.

If you were talking about selling counterfeits, I would advise against it and find something else to sell. eBay knows who the legitimate suppliers for branded products are and are fairly aggressive in removing counterfeits from their website.