eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Paypal Linking Help Please - Final Straw! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/646-paypal-linking-help-please-final-straw.html)

needsomehelp 06-22-2007 06:35 PM

Paypal Linking Help Please - Final Straw!

Hi, I am in desparate need of paypal-ebay linking help. I would appreciate as much feedback on this issue as possible. I finally got a legit paypal under my brothers name so I tried listing around 50 auctions. Ebay limited me from lisiting more auctions until I link paypal to ebay. Will this be a problem? My ebay account is under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name close to my real name. My brothers name obviously has the same last name as my old suspended account under my real name. He also lives one state over so we are not in the same state. Will I be able to link the paypal to ebay or is this a no no. I am just so incredible frustated. I only sell used items, but I do very well at it. I really have no other options but to sell at the dreaded flea market. They are good to buy at and sell low priced items, but high price items are a definite no. I easily can gross $1000 in extra money a month and I am fine with that. I just use it to suppliment my income.

whome 06-22-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsomehelp (Post 4631)
Hi, I am in desparate need of paypal-ebay linking help. I would appreciate as much feedback on this issue as possible. I finally got a legit paypal under my brothers name so I tried listing around 50 auctions. Ebay limited me from lisiting more auctions until I link paypal to ebay. Will this be a problem? My ebay account is under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name close to my real name. My brothers name obviously has the same last name as my old suspended account under my real name. He also lives one state over so we are not in the same state. Will I be able to link the paypal to ebay or is this a no no. I am just so incredible frustated. I only sell used items, but I do very well at it. I really have no other options but to sell at the dreaded flea market. They are good to buy at and sell low priced items, but high price items are a definite no. I easily can gross $1000 in extra money a month and I am fine with that. I just use it to suppliment my income.

Never heard of ebay requiring a link to PP other than selling internationally. Can someone confirm this requirement for just plain ole domestic selling?!

aspkin 06-22-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsomehelp (Post 4631)

The only problem I've seen with linking accounts is if that account (paypal) has been linked to an eBay account in the past. If it has, then no you don't want to use that Paypal for linking. If it hasn't I don't see why you would have a problem linking. Other then the address, and name. But I don't think eBay cares about that. I'd say you have a 95% chance of having no problems linking accounts.

Let us know how it goes.

georgesmith 06-23-2007 12:33 AM

I know ebay requires either paypal or a merchant account for sellers. You basically have to select credit cards when you set up your auction for it to list if you don't accept paypal

needsomehelp 06-23-2007 10:41 AM

I am not selling any bootleg items. I sell used items. Once I hit a certain number of auctions - not many at all - I was limited to selling more until I linked my accounts. Will this go away after my current auctions end?

2 more questions if you don't mind

#1 What would happen if I changed my current registered user name to my brothers name so it would match his paypal account?

#2 Can I create a new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account and link it to ebay, but not use that paypal account to accept the payments?

Thanks all for the help.

aspkin 06-28-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needsomehelp (Post 4703)
I am not selling any bootleg items. I sell used items. Once I hit a certain number of auctions - not many at all - I was limited to selling more until I linked my accounts. Will this go away after my current auctions end?

2 more questions if you don't mind

#1 What would happen if I changed my current registered user name to my brothers name so it would match his paypal account?

#2 Can I create a new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account and link it to ebay, but not use that paypal account to accept the payments?

Thanks all for the help.

It seems you're being limited because you're either too new or your feedback is too low. It'll take time to have those restrictions lifted if that's the case.

Changing your name in eBay shouldn't hurt anything.

You can try creating another Paypal account, but I don't think it'll work unless you find a way to get the account confirmed and verified. Also you need to separate your Paypal accounts by Ip address if you decide you want to link accounts. Paypal does track and link accounts via IP, but doesn't do anything about it. EBay on the other hand, does.