Site maintenance? Glitchy postage label screen. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Site maintenance? Glitchy postage label screen.

Is anyone else having this problem?...

I go to print out postage labels via ebay as I usually do and it says "missing plugin" which it has never said before.

Then I click missing plugin, download this java app, then it runs but the postage label screen looks really weird.

When I finally get it to print to my thermal printer, the labels keep coming out all weird and cut off even though I have the settings correct and had no problems yesterday.

Also, every time I click print label, the java app pops up with 3 different notifications (block, allow, setting my printer, etc.)

Thank goodness I did not have a crazy amount of sales this morning. Is this a glitch in ebay's postage system as they do maintenance?

I swear sometimes I really hate ebay. How can someone run a business like this?

Anyone having this problem?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Site maintenance? Glitchy postage label screen.

I have been having this glitch for a long time over a year. Its the dymo system thats causing the issues. I have tried many fixes and most did not work.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I have been having this glitch for a long time over a year. Its the dymo system thats causing the issues. I have tried many fixes and most did not work.
What hAve you been doing to get around this? I need to print from my thermal printer! And when i do select a different printer to use it still keeps printing to the thermal printer! Man i absolutely HATE ebay. This has pretty much grinded my business to a hault for today. Anyone have any solutions?
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I have been having the same problems with a zebra 2844. I get the same messages, but when I hit the print button a small windows pops up (i forgot what it says) and stays pop up and doesn't close. In the old days that small windows would always close and I would get a thermal shipping label from the zebra printer.

I have tried everything, I installed Java again and again but no deal. I am about to just delete the "user account" from that ebay account and start over anew with the same account. I would need to install java again and maybe that would work. My problem was been on going for over 7 months, maybe more. I dont use my zebra printer anymore since then and just bought a laser printer instead.

I have tested this problem with 4 accounts and all of them get the same thing or problems. I haven't tried on other accounts but I'm sure the same thing will happen so I dont try.
Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This is absurd. The zebra printer is crucial to the smooth processing of my stealth accounts. Not to mention, when I selected my laser printer and tried fo print from there instead of the zebra, it STILL kept printing from the Zebra printer!

How does ebay get away with such nonsense? It was working fine yesterday, and now for no reason at all this bs is happening.

NOBODY on aspkin has resolved this issue?
Old 09-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
This is absurd. The zebra printer is crucial to the smooth processing of my stealth accounts. Not to mention, when I selected my laser printer and tried fo print from there instead of the zebra, it STILL kept printing from the Zebra printer!

How does ebay get away with such nonsense? It was working fine yesterday, and now for no reason at all this bs is happening.

NOBODY on aspkin has resolved this issue?
I just print from the laser printer and use lots of tape now. Next week when I get some labels for the laser printer I will see how good is that vs using tons of tape. I miss the zebra printer.
Old 09-17-2013

Longevity: 64%

I think that USPS always has issues and that is the problem not PP for once, right? Also notice that lately the tracking info from EB is not going to PP as it doesn ot offer the track button. I have been doing it manually just to make sure my funds are available ASAP.
Old 09-17-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea lot of glitches on EBay the last few weeks , I been using labels on a laser printer and the fonts just automatically change ,

if I print 40 at a time half will be one font half another,

on other accounts if I check the boxes that need to be shipped and hit print ship labels a red message appears , the only way multiple printing works is if I first hit awaiting shipment than check boxes than print labels .

Some accounts the screen is loading but if you go to seller dashboard it says there doing maintenance from sept13-sept18 and stats will not show on ur seller dashboard for those dates
Old 09-17-2013

Longevity: 64%

Has been screwy since the big publicized glitch a few weeks ago
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

This glitch - limit glitch - landline request - site is pretty off the point right now
Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Alright well if I come across a solution, or if it decides to start working, I'll let you guys know. Please let me know if you guys come across anything as well!
Old 09-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Thursday nights for US eBayers I always seem to have problems do to their scheduled maintenance. But the "stop plugin" I have had this similar problem with my Flash or whatever it is for the past 5-6 months. Has been annoying as heck I must say.