using the same ip address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-10-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default using the same ip address

I have 3 ebay accounts again, can i use the same IP address on all 3 account as long as they are in good standing? Then would i be correct in saying that if one accounts goes dead, i would then need to change the IP address on the 2 good ones left and get rid of all cookies, or does ebay already track the IP and link and keep records & shut all 3 down at the same time?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2008

Longevity: 92%

you would be fine using the same ip address for all your accounts just make sure you clear cookies every single time regardless if the accounts are in good standing or not. After that if one account goes down there is a chance that they will all go down, but it is not guaranteed that they will and in my opinion they will not as long as you don't log in to the suspended account ever again from your same ip address. I have six accounts working on the same ip address and three were suspended within the past 8 weeks and no problems with the other accounts. Obviously if any information cross references between accounts then they will probably go down but if they are unique you're probably fine.
Old 08-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

Modee,

Can you run the WAN test on this post for me and tell me if my IP changed?
Old 08-10-2008

Longevity: 92%

Actually I respectfully disagree modee. I sell the same merchandise on all the accounts and have had many suspended and never a suspension on the other accounts which use the same ip address. I think it all depends on cross referencing information as well as other factors. The fact that an account has been suspended doesn't mean your other accounts will go down although it is probably not the best idea to have all your accounts under the same ip just for good sakes. I have many many vero strikes on some of the accounts also 10+ and have never had any problems. If you log in to a supsended account then log in to another account then yeah you will be in trouble but I think it is way overrated the way some people preach that you will be linked if you're using the same ip. I have two power sellers accounts that were suspended under the same ip address over two years ago and never any linkage to any account I have ever made thereafter and one power seller account almost a year ago in one week which I will be trying to get reinstated.