WARNING: Just noticed ebay sold page no longer indicates echeck - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default WARNING: Just noticed ebay sold page no longer indicates echeck

For as long as I can remember, if a buyer paid with echeck, you'd see a hour glass on the sold page not a dollar sign. I just almost shipped an order to someone because it appeared on the ebay page to be a completed payment. I went to paypal just to look at something (I never go to paypal) and it showed that it was in fact a uncleared echeck.

Just be careful. This kinda makes things difficult, now having to check ebay and paypal when shipping. Why did they do this to us? They SAY in their WORDS to sellers not to ship until payment has cleared. But it's obvious by their actions, they are again operating in 100% favor of the buyer saying sure, go ahead and ship, we won't tell you payment hasn't cleared yet.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: WARNING: Just noticed ebay sold page no longer indicates echeck

I can confirm this as well. I noticed this last week (or 2 weeks ago) when a buyer paid by eCheck. I also thought payment was cleared instantly and I printed the label via my Stamps.com account.

When I checked Paypal, the payment was pending bank clearance. It is a bit of a nuisance that eBay would do this.

I ended up holding onto the item until payment cleared. AND if I recall, there was no email from eBay confirming it did (had to double check in PP).
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I like to check my PP when on my user account to make sure all is well - helps to confirm the orders.
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Yikes that a pretty big omission on ebays part. I'm going to double check my recent orders now. I remember getting an echeque a couple of months back but that was the same ole reminder and icon system.

So this change is very recent then?
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

More like a delay of pp to update eB....I actually don't see such a bad difference on eB.ca (as comparison)
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
More like a delay of pp to update eB....I actually don't see such a bad difference on eB.ca (as comparison)
What do you mean?

Dangerous thing this issue.
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

On eB.ca doesnt seem to have this eCheck issue but I agree - very bad potential of eCheck bouncing and seller being stuck with nothing and NO notification.
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

@rsot

Like you, I check both eBay and PayPal before despatch.
Nothing goes out if I think I have no sellers protection

Hope the glitch is repaired quickly

Old 10-02-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 63%

SO does stealth say not to contact ebay about this? Not to call in, and you can't just send messages any more right? So if it is just a glitch, and not a new policy, we shouldn't call in or try to inform them in some way, correct?

If it's a new policy, it's another nasty way ebay is trying to hurt the small to medium sellers. Tricky of them to make us think the payment is complete when it's not. :(
Old 10-02-2013
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Well, call them from an unregistered number and don't tell them who you are.
Old 10-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Received several e checks on sales and it showed up on mine fine.

As GB does I have pp open when I am looking at sales and ready to print labels and would notice the echeck and not ship.
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 61%

It's more than just that. I see echecks show as paid on the ebay page but I don't ship since paypal says pending. But then 2 days later I get emails from ebay, saying you promised to ship this item in 2 days and you didn't. So why is ebay harassing me to ship something they are supposed to support me in not shipping until cleared payment? Even more than that, this item now goes against my percentages needed to maintain trusted seller status as it appears that it hasn't shipped within the required time, but in reality, the payment hasn't even cleared yet.,

To get around that, you print the shipping label even though you are not shipping yet. But worse case scenario, their payment doesn't clear, and I'm out the $12 I paid on shipping because of the fact that it's past 5 days now and can't get a credit for the shipping label.

This new change seems very dishonest. One of the bigger ones I've seen ebay do in the last few years. This really sets up sellers to be out MORE money, and allows for buyers to possibly get their products for free....as if they needed another loop whole to scam the seller.
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
If it's a new policy, it's another nasty way ebay is trying to hurt the small to medium sellers. Tricky of them to make us think the payment is complete when it's not. :(
Not confirmed yet so let's not jump to conclusions...
Old 10-04-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not confirmed yet so let's not jump to conclusions...
Confirmed glitch in my opinion. So far out of 20 running accounts from Sundays sales I had none of these issues.
Old 10-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenThePoolGuy View Post
To get around that, you print the shipping label even though you are not shipping yet. But worse case scenario, their payment doesn't clear, and I'm out the $12 I paid on shipping because of the fact that it's past 5 days now and can't get a credit for the shipping label.

Why risk printing a label and make an error of shipping that item?

If you work with your paypal open, you can correlate the info.

Label printing is only to be done when it is a confirmed safe deal.

Common sense.
Sandy D (10-05-2013)
Old 10-24-2013

Longevity: 69%

I will give you guys this tip and it might help I have used this in the past and it helps reduce people trying to scam you!

***I did not write this....so I will take credit, someone else did***

Good Luck!

This guide will give you step by step instructions on how to block most PayPal eCheck Payments.
•Log into your PayPal account and go to your profile and click the Auctions link under selling preferences.
•Under the Automatic Logo Insertion column click on the word on and turn the logos off on the next page and click save to save your preferences. Repeat this step for each of your eBay ids.
•Now go back to your profile page and click the Payment Receiving Preferences link under selling preferences .
•On the payment preferences page look for the section that says Block payments from users who: and check the box next to Pay with eCheck for website and Smart Logo payments, or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay. Go to the bottom of the page and click save to save your preferences.
•Once all your listings with automatic logo insertion have ended you should will no longer receive most eChecks.
You may still receive a few eChecks (I still get 1-3 a month). I am not sure how buyers get around the block but I know for sure one of my buyers paid with a eCheck by going to PayPal and using the send money tab to send a payment to my e-mail address. If you have a persistent buyer who insists on using a eCheck having them do this may let them pay without having to turn the block off for everyone else.
Old 10-25-2013

Longevity: 62%

My echeque symbols still show -AU this is.

I though echeques were good for sellers to accept???
Old 10-25-2013

Longevity: 60%

Sorry guys, but from what I can see, you are all (including myself) violating ebay policy; come on, it was to be expected, wasn't it??

There is a section on the "policies / selling practices" page that states the following:

"If PayPal doesn't make your funds available immediately from payments you receive for an item you sold, you're not allowed to hold shipment until the funds are released."

I take that to mean that, even with an echeque, you must post it. Maybe I am wrong?
Old 10-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

@AnotherOzzy

I think that policy you are referring to is the holds on funds that PayPal put on in regards to what PayPal refer to as new sellers or inexperienced sellers.

If its uncleared funds i.e. not cleared in PayPal then we are not obliged to send the item.
Old 10-25-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
@AnotherOzzy

I think that policy you are referring to is the holds on funds that PayPal put on in regards to what PayPal refer to as new sellers or inexperienced sellers.

If its uncleared funds i.e. not cleared in PayPal then we are not obliged to send the item.
You know what, I just committed one of the ultimate sins - jumping on a forum as a newbie and giving my opinion of what something means without actually knowing 100%...

Yes, my mistake, I mis-read the info... Please forgive me.