eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How do I register a business name if I could not use my real name on ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/66036-how-do-i-register-business-name-if-i-could-not-use-my-real-name-ebay.html)

gwensreat 10-16-2013 01:41 PM

How do I register a business name if I could not use my real name on ebay?

Currently I am living in Delaware. I would like to register a business name in order to start selling my stuff on ebay. How do I do it? Anyone know how much money would it be? Can anyone be kind enough to give me a link with step by step instructions? I really appreciate your help and time..

Furious George 10-16-2013 03:06 PM

Re: How do I register a business name if I could not use my real name on ebay?

There are a lot of ways to do it.

You don't need to register a business name first in order to get a business name on ebay. Register the account as a business, make sure it works, then go through the paperwork and hassle of registering the business.

I've used incorporate.com a number of times to register s-corps and llc's a few times. It's cheap, easy, and quick.

To register as a sole proprietor, you usually just have to file a form at your local courthouse for 15 bucks.

LesMiles 10-16-2013 03:31 PM

I would also like to know this. It also ask for your real name when signing up for a business seller account. What name do I use?

GreenBean 10-16-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwensreat (Post 495464)
Currently I am living in Delaware. I would like to register a business name in order to start selling my stuff on ebay. How do I do it? Anyone know how much money would it be? Can anyone be kind enough to give me a link with step by step instructions? I really appreciate your help and time..

GOOGLE is your friend

:mod:

Furious George 10-16-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesMiles (Post 495495)
I would also like to know this. It also ask for your real name when signing up for a business seller account. What name do I use?

An assumed name. An alias. Another bona fide name if you know how to do that. Or use your real name. As the stealth book discusses, you can't link accounts through names.

LesMiles 10-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious George (Post 495506)
An assumed name. An alias. Another bona fide name if you know how to do that. Or use your real name. As the stealth book discusses, you can't link accounts through names.

Yeah I saw that. How about if you had a fairly unique name? Are ya sure they cannot link by names? I guess I can switch it up a bit but they might see the same products from the suspended account. I am already doing stealth but I am just wondering because one day I might want to open one.

GreenBean 10-16-2013 04:06 PM

At that point you take professional advice to make sure you do not link yourself.

:juggle:

gwensreat 10-17-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 495516)
At that point you take professional advice to make sure you do not link yourself.

:juggle:

I really appreciate your advice in every aspect. I have an off top question. Can I sell iphone cases on ebay? I read some posts said that apple related items were high risk item. Ebay will send you a MC999 in any minute after you listed iphone cases....I am a little bit depressed after I knew this policy, it is just too late. I already invested a large amount of money on iphone cases....and they are just peacefully sleeping in my house....Are there any alternative ways to sell them? I do not expect make any profits out of it, just want to sell them asap....UNDER HUGE PRESSURE...every morning when i woke up, i cannot help thinking those phone cases......Could you give me some advices and inspirations please....Thank you, Greenie. :hail:

GreenBean 10-18-2013 01:51 AM

:faint:

Until your account has aged, let them sleep peacefully.

My inpsirational words are to encourage you to make your new stealth account strong enough to withstand the dreaded MC999.

I prefer to be straight rather than give false hopes.

rsot 10-18-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwensreat (Post 495908)
I really appreciate your advice in every aspect. I have an off top question. Can I sell iphone cases on ebay? I read some posts said that apple related items were high risk item. Ebay will send you a MC999 in any minute after you listed iphone cases....I am a little bit depressed after I knew this policy, it is just too late. I already invested a large amount of money on iphone cases....and they are just peacefully sleeping in my house....Are there any alternative ways to sell them? I do not expect make any profits out of it, just want to sell them asap....UNDER HUGE PRESSURE...every morning when i woke up, i cannot help thinking those phone cases......Could you give me some advices and inspirations please....Thank you, Greenie. :hail:

It is high risk - do a lot of research and reading before you decide to plunge into this - these sales are a source of MANY blockings.

Rough to hear that you invested a large amount of money on iphone cases....sigh...but it happens. Step by step approach.

Many other people sell them too so...you have crazy competition.