New ebay accounts, need activation info... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-28-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default New ebay accounts, need activation info...

I have created 2 new ebay selling accounts 7 days ago.

My questions are this, I created them using business names and addresses and if ebay wants to verify anything over the phone or to lift the limits at some point so I need to make sure these 2 businesses are listed in the public database system or does that matter, and does the same apply to personal accounts and not business accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: New ebay accounts, need activation info...

Whether business or Paypal you could be asked for Documentation at any time.

You always need to be prepared to supply ID, taxID, Invoices, and anything else they ask for. It's ebay and paypals world we are all renting space.

The best way to try and avoid this is to operate the proper stealth way, spread sales thin over multiple accounts, and always make new accounts for the future.

Selling on EBAY, is a ongoing process , and you will find out that you will need to be prepared with all obstacles that are thrown your way.

Just know the information is here and there's always away
Old 10-28-2013

Longevity: 82%

Only matters if you get hit with a automatic limit reduction. You should know after a week or so if you passed the public database automatic review.

Lately it seems they catch it pretty quickly on new accounts, even before listing items, so just let the account age, if it's already been 7 days, you're probably ok in that regard for now.

Start slow and list casually with low risk items.
Old 10-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Whether business or Paypal you could be asked for Documentation at any time.

You always need to be prepared to supply ID, taxID, Invoices, and anything else they ask for. It's ebay and paypals world we are all renting space.

The best way to try and avoid this is to operate the proper stealth way, spread sales thin over multiple accounts, and always make new accounts for the future.

Selling on EBAY, is a ongoing process , and you will find out that you will need to be prepared with all obstacles that are thrown your way.

Just know the information is here and there's always away
Ok well heres my problem. I HAVE to list all of my items to get any good sales volume and a good flow of income, my items sell for $25 and weekly normally sell 15-20% at best and my item count is approx 2800 items. How in world can someone manage 300 ebay selling accounts if your only allowed to list 10 items and 30 accounts if your allowed to list 100 items per account? Isnt there a easier way?

I could not produce Tax ID info because thats already on a ebay suspended account and paypal account so how could I produce that many Tax ID's because your only allowed 1 according to the IRS...
Old 10-28-2013

Yea I can see your problem there, I'm in a different situation, more stealth friendly where I can make $25-$35 profit per item.

And I try and stay with the $30 profit per item range , so I'm constantly searching to get lower prices and suppliers on top of everything else.

And I sell usually at 100% of what I list, so if it sells fast cost isn't too high , also all my items are not over $80 for the sale , I like to stay under $100 per sale which helps in flying under the radar and I need items to be in that 25-$35 profit range or I don't find it helpful with stealth as you have said.

You do have more obstacles than me, talk to an accountant, and ask them how they can make it work out , I'm not an accountant so have no knowledge in how things can be structured but have run a multimillion dollar business in the past brick and mortar , and know anything is possible and your accountant is like a tailor , they make everything Fit lol, my accountant told me that once.

But I know from just getting the loan from the bank the laws are in place and all the bankers and Accountants need to create the proper paper work all with in the law to make u financially able to be able to get the loan

So whether that means going back and adjusting old tax returns whatever.

Anything can be done and within lawful boundaries
Old 10-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaybusted View Post
Ok well heres my problem. I HAVE to list all of my items to get any good sales volume and a good flow of income, my items sell for $25 and weekly normally sell 15-20% at best and my item count is approx 2800 items. How in world can someone manage 300 ebay selling accounts if your only allowed to list 10 items and 30 accounts if your allowed to list 100 items per account? Isnt there a easier way?

I could not produce Tax ID info because thats already on a ebay suspended account and paypal account so how could I produce that many Tax ID's because your only allowed 1 according to the IRS...
Here's the thing, you say you need to sell 2800 items....you could start building accounts and selling SOME merchandise or you could sit and way for some type of miracle to happen that would allow you to sell the quantities you are searching for.

I would suggest that you get maybe 10-15 (10/$1,000) accounts going and at some future time figure out how to eventually get to where you need to be.

We can't always have our cake and eat it too.... start slow and steady, eventually you may get to where you want to be.
Old 10-28-2013

Build one or two accounts that I attatched an EIN, that way you can have two nice accounts going but u need to realize big accounts don't last but could buy you time while you are creating enough small accounts to operate to ur specific needs

This is the approach I take, I have few accounts that are big but the goal is to have enough accounts where I don't need any big accounts, and slowly I'm headed in that direction , it's almost a year and I may need will need another but will get there slowly but surely