MC008, listing removed and not allowed to sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default MC008, listing removed and not allowed to sell

One of my accounts got this death blow MC008 and I am restricted from selling in all categories. Here's the message:

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

To learn more about eBay's User Agreement, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible. We look forward to working with you to restore your selling privileges.

Thanks,

eBay

Damn.

Okay, so I made 18 sales off of this listing before ebay shut it down. Now when I check in "sold" section, it does not show any of the transactions. However, the transactions still show in PayPal. Should I ship the items out through paypal, or should I refund the customers their money? I have no problem refunding, but I read Paypal does not like seeing too many refunds.

Also, ebay is asking me to call for an appeals process. What kind of information will they request from me? This particular account is actually under a legit corporation name with a real address that I have access to. The items, however, are less than legit (hence why this is happening in the first place) and I cannot provide invoices from a legitimate distributor.

So what will ebay request from me if I do go through this "appeals" process. I imagine it being slow and brutal. Not sure if it's worth it or not. This account only had a 200/month limit, so it's not do or die.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: MC008, listing removed and not allowed to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
One of my accounts got this death blow MC008 and I am restricted from selling in all categories. Here's the message:

[I]A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I cannot begin to tell you how RARE a Temporary restriction is,,,,When the Ebay Boot comes it is Normally,,"indefinitely",,,or PERMANANT with NO Chance of reinstatement,,,

I Would Ship the Products and try to reinstate the account,,,Especially if your Paypal account is thus far unaffected,,,if for no other reason,,simply to learn something that might be useful to you (and Us if you want to share your findings) in the future
nodeal (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I would call them and see if the account could be reinstated since you have nothing to lose. However, if your items, to use your words "are less than legit" you are going to have a difficult time keeping eBay accounts. Can you find something legitimate to sell? There are literally MILLIONS of products out there. Find a few niches and you have a nice income that will increase over time. I never stop looking for new things to sell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (11-06-2013), nodeal (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I would call them and see if the account could be reinstated since you have nothing to lose. However, if your items, to use your words "are less than legit" you are going to have a difficult time keeping eBay accounts. Can you find something legitimate to sell? There are literally MILLIONS of products out there. Find a few niches and you have a nice income that will increase over time. I never stop looking for new things to sell.
Yes I thank you for your input. I have definitely seen my better days as the phakes have caused me quite a few headaches. I have read on the forums about people with similar experiences, but the quick money can sometimes be blinding and you don't really learn until crap like this with ebay happens.

I am already in the process of researching legit products to sell and it is quite an exciting adventure. I am discovering and learning new things.
Old 11-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
I cannot begin to tell you how RARE a Temporary restriction is,,,,When the Ebay Boot comes it is Normally,,"indefinitely",,,or PERMANANT with NO Chance of reinstatement,,,

I Would Ship the Products and try to reinstate the account,,,Especially if your Paypal account is thus far unaffected,,,if for no other reason,,simply to learn something that might be useful to you (and Us if you want to share your findings) in the future
What information should I have available in preparation for the phone call? What kind of things can I expect them to ask?
Old 11-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What information should I have available in preparation for the phone call? What kind of things can I expect them to ask?
No One Answer that because it most likely would depend on certain specifics to the account,,,at the very LEAST have ALL the Profile Info Ready,,,Name, Address, Phone, Date of Birth, be prepared for possible Verification Questions that they gather from Public Records, like Previous Address, Spouse/Siblings Name, ect, ect,,also be prepared to discuss your Product, suppliers, Projected Quantities/Volume, ect, ect
Old 11-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you friend i will work on getting my information together and i will report back on my experience with the appeals process!
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I just got hit with this.

Really breaks my heart because busted my tail on this acct, but hey what can you do? Nothing but move on.
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc View Post
I just got hit with this.

Really breaks my heart because busted my tail on this acct, but hey what can you do? Nothing but move on.
Sorry to hear that. Any idea what triggered it?
Old 11-06-2013

Longevity: 90%

I would say that if your account was restricted indefinitely from selling but you can still buy, this means that you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I know this from past experience. I don't sell these types of products any more as it's not worth the time and energy it takes to build your account. Sure, you can make fast cash but if you are trying to build legitimate long term business you don't stand a chance selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on ebay or anywhere else for matter. Worse you can end up in jail. Just not worth it! Sadly selling genetic items yields either very little profit and even losses due to Chinese undercutting everyone else, however at least you have a chance to stay selling on ebay and maybe if you are lucky enough to find relatively profitable products you could make a living.
Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I'm not looking eBay as a long term thing, just something to help pay for my masters.
Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So i called ebay. Nothing too out of the ordinary. They told me that they shut me down because of concerns with the merchandise I was selling. No surprises there.

They are requesting a utility bill or something of the sort to prove my address (not a problem).

They also want a copy of an invoice to show the merchandise is in my possession and is legitimate. And there is my problem. So, anyone specialize in the art of invoices? Any way I can get around this? Or am I sh*t out of luck?
Old 11-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
,,,,,,,,, And there is my problem. So, anyone specialize in the art of invoices? Any way I can get around this? Or am I sh*t out of luck?

Just go to the store and Buy the Product, and Fax them a Copy of the Invoice,,,No Problem