Using a VPN.....sometimes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Using a VPN.....sometimes

I know VPNs arent ideal and frowned upon here but I am not to familiar with them so I had a question

I have Verizon Fios which is a bitch to change IP's....They have a 2 hour lease time and it is pretty strict, nothing I do changes the IP until those 2 hours are up on every new IP address.

Would it be a big deal using a VPN here and there to do things like answering a question or shipping a couple items?

I dont like burning IP Addresses to only answer a couple questions and I live in a very rural area and tethering off my phone is painfully slow sometimes and also sick of changing IP on the phone 5x before i get one that wasnt used before.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Using a VPN.....sometimes

How about using dial up?
If the purpose of changing the IP address is just for a quick email then prepare the email beforehand then just dial in to get the proper IP address and hit send.
I would NOT recommend using VPNs for anything. And for this purpose especially. It would be a shame to lose an account on something so trivial as responding to an email.
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Using a VPN.....sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
How about using dial up?
If the purpose of changing the IP address is just for a quick email then prepare the email beforehand then just dial in to get the proper IP address and hit send.
I would NOT recommend using VPNs for anything. And for this purpose especially. It would be a shame to lose an account on something so trivial as responding to an email.
I ran dial up on one account up until about a year ago. Use to use Auctiva to list then dial up to print labels and answer questions. With how complex most of the pages are on eBay and PayPal now. You better have a ton of patience to go the dial up route. It was absolutely brutal. Some users have claimed success using VPN service. Some have said it is no good. I guess a variety of factors go into it. Personally I have ran a few stealth's using VPNs for about 5 years now. Haven't had a problem knock on wood.