eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay Buyer with non stop messages (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/67264-ebay-buyer-non-stop-messages.html)

turkeyhunt 11-21-2013 12:27 AM

Ebay Buyer with non stop messages

So I had this buyer purchase and pay for an item. No problem. I shipped it. No problem. Then buyer sent me numerous messages claiming they were dissatisfied and was going to sue me if I didnt refund him asap. Keep in mind he said that whole sentence over 10 messages... it was very annoying. I think that's his point. So I promptly gave him the return address. When he returned it , he left negative feedback claiming I didn't refund him - though I did, and even screenshot it so he would have a copy of the proof.

Now to the problem .He has not stopped sending me messages. And I mean like 2-3 words in a message that make no sense, and they are back to back to back. Even when I put the messages together the words are all random. I think he's just trying to piss me off. It's working. I haven't responded to any of them since sending the refund. I just don't know what to do now. I contacted ebay and they led me to the block buyer list - but that does not stop them from messaging you.

Any ideas? He sends between 9-10 messages a DAY with each one saying 2-3 words like "aye yeah down" and "here last year diamond" .. Its all dumb stuff. Ugh.. just irritating as It makes it hard to quickly check my messages to answer the real questions from the legitimate buyers.

SaiJin 11-21-2013 12:29 AM

Re: Ebay Buyer with non stop messages

on the feedback page, click on report buyer.
And below your email messages from him, click on report buyer.

turkeyhunt 11-21-2013 12:32 AM

I did the report buyer thing.. but the options that ebay gives when you click on the link are fairly limited. It became an " other reason". I reported him after his 2nd day of messages. It hasn't stopped his messages from coming though.

jeffweico 11-21-2013 02:19 AM

Put him on your blocked bidder list. That will stop the messages and prevent him from buying from you in the future.

vogeltron 11-21-2013 02:41 AM

I would just keep reporting the buyer and saying they are harassing you with messages. Other than that I wouldn't even open them or look at them. You already got a negative feedback, just block the buyer.

Dmshark25 11-21-2013 03:16 AM

Keep calling and send over all the messages because the blocked bidder list blocks messages but not if they have already purchased

JamesNorth101 11-21-2013 05:22 AM

There is an box that you need to tick to block messages from blocked buyers as well. Off the top of my head i am not sure where it is. Have an explore in your setting.

happystars 11-21-2013 05:24 AM

can you not virtually punch him,,lol

Dmshark25 11-21-2013 06:22 AM

Yea you can stop messages from a blocked buyer but the loophole is that if they already purchased from you and are asking a question in reference to that item than the question goes thru

If they ask a question using a new item as there start point than it will be blocked

I'd either just ignore every message just delete eventually he will get tired or if u think he won't than call and fax them to ebay everyday than they will get tired of u and get rid of him

Sandy D 11-21-2013 08:17 AM

They can be annoying will they fill your box with message of no meaning.

Once you block them notice their questions etc to see if you get more from a different user. Report all messages that seem to be coming from this pita.

turkeyhunt 11-22-2013 10:37 PM

Yeah, At the moment I am just marking and deleting. I am not reading them from him anymore. Thanks guys.

I looked everywhere for the block messages thing, but couldn't find it. Oh well. Hopefully he will tire out soon.

jeffweico 11-23-2013 08:27 AM

eBay does not make it easy to find the Blocked Bidder List. But, here is where it is:

From your "My eBay" page, mouse over the "Account" tab. A list will pop up. Scroll down to "Site Preferences" and click on it.

When the new menu comes up, scroll down to "Buyer Requirements" and click "Show". It will expand that section slightly and where the "Show" link was has been replaced by "Hide". RIGHT UNDER "HIDE" is a link named "Edit". Click on "Edit".

A new page will come up. ALMOST ALL THE WAY DOWN THE PAGE, by the LAST CHECK BOX:

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.

First, click the check box. Then, click on the LAST link on that line "blocked list". Clicking the check box sets your preferences to make sure that blocked buyers cannot contact you. Clicking on the "blocked list" link will take you to another page where you can add the buyer to your blocked list.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. I'm a decent WRITER, but DIRECTIONS and INSTRUCTIONS are not my forte.

steve70000 11-23-2013 08:49 AM

open the mess from him and scrol down and click the link report an inappropriate email.
beeing harrased by this member.he will get a mail from ebay if he dose it again just report all mails he could get kicked off..

redfoamy 11-24-2013 03:56 PM

You can also get the Negative Removed because you had already refunded his $$$ then he left you the negative about not refunding his $$$. eBay will just check when the time frame of the refund went through and if it was before the negative they will remove it.
I have had them do it for me.
Good luck

Count Chocula 11-25-2013 11:22 PM

Hey redfoamy, how do you get ebay to remove the neg if you have already refunded? Do you have to call them or is there a way on the site to ask them?